This is a BOMBSHELL!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, oannes...in recent years he has done that due to his having the entire team on his back. Then again, if you look at the career, it is merely his gunslinging nature.

The same thing that makes him great, is also his biggest weakness....and fortunately, the coaching staff has addressed the previously unaddressed and the situation has improved dramatically with im playing very smart, and very well last year.

As for Favre sticking his nose into Walker's business....well, when the little ***** uses the media and a tantrum as his primary negotiating tool, he is fair game as far as I am concerned. Act like a man and you will be treated like a man...act like a boy, and you will be treated thusly.

He showed the downside of scoring a 9 on the Wonderlic with that fine strategy!!

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't rip a 9 on the Wonderlic. That is what James "Round 3 Tragedy" Jones scored on his.

Dan Marino currently has 135 more pass attempts than Brett Favre and 21 interceptions less. Keep in mind, Brett has been in a controlled West Coast system his entire Packer Career. Short quick timing throws and still has that many interceptions. That was the ONLY reason Favre turned into a star. Holmgren made this guy. In Marino's system, you'd have never heard of Brett Favre just like you didn't when he played with the Falcons. I can't even imagine Favre in a system that threw the ball all over the field. He'd have the int record already. I love the old Brett Favre, not the current one,...but he was a wild stallion who needed strict coaching to become something. Thank God for Holmgren.

I think I'll be waiting a long time for someone to refute that Brett Favre does NOT throw some of the stupidest interceptions the game has ever seen.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'll be waiting a long time for someone to refute that Brett Favre does NOT throw some of the stupidest interceptions the game has ever seen.

You were serious about that? I thought it was rhetorical hyperbole. Fine... I'd be willing to bet on the under on an over/under of 1.5 by Favre (equivalent to "some") if you reviewed every INT ever thrown in the NFL and rated the 30 dumbest.

But then again, you seem like you would be GOLD in Vegas if you can predict JJ as a tragedy in early May. Maybe I shouldn't bet...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Jones pipes up like Walker, he will incur the same wrath. You don't nee to be brilliant to play sports, but it helps.

I will agree to some extent with your assessment of Favre as a system QG....same as Joe Montana and so many other greats were.

Marino had one of the most beautiful and accurate long balls I have ever seen (Lynn ****ey did too...terribly underrated), but he lacked something that Favre has...an incredibly daring mindset, and mental toughness. Marino, more often than not, would chastise and blame teammates for failures on the field. I would guess that this attitude had something to do with that team never being real cohesive while he was there.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always love a good Lynn ****ey long ball reference. Didn't hurt that old Lynn had Lofton and Jefferson to haul'em in.

I will go on record that the dumbest play I've ever witnessed on live TV was the play Favre "tried" to make vs. the Vikings in that dreadful playoff loss at Lambeau. He ran 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and then underhanded the ball into the endzone. That play cost us HUGE. The thing that really upset me more than the stupidity of it, was the fact he SMILED after it. That was hardly funny. It was costly. He's lost a lot over the last few years. I truly lost a ton of respect for him just for that play alone. Can you imagine Mike Holmgren being on the sidelines for that play? I think he would've had a heart attack.

I think you're ballsy to bet on Favre not being the all-time stupid interception leader. You know he's throwing some stupid picks when his biggest cheerleader, John Madden, criticizes him as he did in games last year.

By the way, the nickname I dubbed James Jones with is in reference to...The Guyana Tragedy. James/Jim Jones....get it. That pick was a tragedy for where it was made IMO. Have faith. TT says he doesn't draft for need. I'm sure JJ was the best available player on the board.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't rip a 9 on the Wonderlic. That is what James "Round 3 Tragedy" Jones scored on his.

Dan Marino currently has 135 more pass attempts than Brett Favre and 21 interceptions less. Keep in mind, Brett has been in a controlled West Coast system his entire Packer Career. Short quick timing throws and still has that many interceptions. That was the ONLY reason Favre turned into a star. Holmgren made this guy. In Marino's system, you'd have never heard of Brett Favre just like you didn't when he played with the Falcons. I can't even imagine Favre in a system that threw the ball all over the field. He'd have the int record already. I love the old Brett Favre, not the current one,...but he was a wild stallion who needed strict coaching to become something. Thank God for Holmgren.

Since the last time the Packers were in the SB Brett Favre has been asked to do more and more to help this team win. I have seen no QB that has carried his team on his back like BF did in '03 and '04.

The defense of those teams was a joke and BF repeatedly brought them back game after game and for those two teams to win twenty two games is a-b-s-o-*******-n-g-l-u-t-e-l-y incredible.

He throws a dumb interception once in awhile and that's all you got? I've already seen Grossman throw some of the stupidist interceptions I have ever seen just to name one for ya.

And he'll be so far from Canton when he's done he might as well move to China.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oannes said:

Since the last time the Packers were in the SB Brett Favre has been asked to do more and more to help this team win. I have seen no QB that has carried his team on his back like BF did in '03 and '04.

The defense of those teams was a joke and BF repeatedly brought them back game after game and for those two teams to win twenty two games is a-b-s-o-*******-n-g-l-u-t-e-l-y incredible.

He throws a dumb interception once in awhile and that's all you got? I've already seen Grossman throw some of the stupidist interceptions I have ever seen just to name one for ya.

And he'll be so far from Canton when he's done he might as well move to China.

Not even sure time should be wasted on this guy anymore. About as arrogant as it gets for not knowing very much.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrogant? I'm arrogant because you can't refute what I'm saying? I'm far, far, from arrogant.

Please, share with me what information I've posted on Favre that is inaccurate? The numbers above are fact.

What do you have a problem with, Cory?

1) That Brett played in a low risk West Coast offense most of his career
2) That Brett has more INT's than Marino with less attempts
3) That Brett is going to set the NFL interception record
4) That Brett throws some of the dumbest picks ever witnessed
5) Mike Holmgren made him into a star
6) James Jones scored a 9 on the wonderlic
7) Brett became a star only because of strong discipline administered by Holmgren (How was his career going in Atlanta?)

What is inaccurate? Please, love to discuss but if you want to give up and shun me because you can't disprove my arguments I understand. Those are all facts from where I'm typing.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrogant? I'm arrogant because you can't refute what I'm saying? I'm far, far, from arrogant.

Please, share with me what information I've posted on Favre that is inaccurate? The numbers above are fact.

What do you have a problem with, Cory?

1) That Brett played in a low risk West Coast offense most of his career
2) That Brett has more INT's than Marino with less attempts
3) That Brett is going to set the NFL interception record
4) That Brett throws some of the dumbest picks ever witnessed
5) Mike Holmgren made him into a star
6) James Jones scored a 9 on the wonderlic
7) Brett became a star only because of strong discipline administered by Holmgren (How was his career going in Atlanta?)

What is inaccurate? Please, love to discuss but if you want to give up and shun me because you can't disprove my arguments I understand. Those are all facts from where I'm typing.

Your arrogant because you ignore certain facts while promoting your own beliefs as well as you seem to think you are able to tell the future which I find incredible.

Here's some "facts" for YOU to try and refute

1.)Favre is going to set the TD record
2.)Favre is going to set the yardage record
3.)Favre is going to become the NFL's all time winningest QB
4.)Favre is going straight to the HOF first ballot
5.)Nearly EVERYONE plays a version of the WCO in the NFL now
6.)Favre is going down as one of the greatest QBs of all time

This isn't bad for a "dumb" QB.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ignored those facts? I'm well aware of every one of those facts and agree with them.

Brett Favre is not the brightest QB. He has a track record of making stupid plays throughout his career. A refined intelligent QB doesn't do stupid things. Favre does...always has...always will. As he ages, he's unable to overcome the stupid mistakes he's sure to make each and every game.

He once was my favorite athlete of all time. I'm saddened to see what's happened to him. It's even sadder for me to watch people believe he's still at the same skill level he was at when he was winning 3 straight MVP's. The guy lost much of what he was the second he uttered the word "retirement".

There's nothing I've said about him that is wrong. If you're happy as a fan watching him throw moon balls up in playoff games like he did in Philadelphia, or constantly throwing into double and triple coverage, that's your call. I won't let the reality of what he used to be cloud my judgement on what he's become.

A bad play is a bad play whether it's made by Brandon Miree or Brett Favre. Favre fanatics will gladly criticize a guy like Miree, but when Brett does something equally, or more, stupid than Miree there's silence.

Favre ripped Vonta Leach in a game at Chicago two years ago. In that game, he made plays far worse than Vonta Leach, but did anyone speak out against his idiocy. No. Why? Because, because...Well, after all, he's Brett Favre. It really irks me how society is so incapable of fairness. Judge people by the same standard instead of making special rules for your heroes.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A refined intelligent QB doesn't do stupid things.

Doesn't help Joey Harrington much.

Everybody knows Favre is a gunslinger, and I'm sure more than a few INT's are burned into every fan's memory, like they are in mine. But it's all part of the fun. Good play or bad, I've never had more fun watching football than I do when Brett's on the field.

What you're basically doing is the equivalent of going onto a Colts board before last year and constantly posting about how they suck vs. the Patriots. Sure it's correct, but people aren't going to chime in with "You're right!" and "Good post!"

I have no idea what you're trying to share or accomplish. It seems like borderline trolling for that reason alone - saying what you know everyone dislikes to hear BECAUSE they dislike to hear it.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trolling?

It should be pretty clear where I'm coming from. I was the one who got ripped and called arrogant for stating things that are facts.

I've wanted Favre to retire from the moment he started talking about it. I no longer respect him like I once did and wish someone else could take over. I don't say this to get a rise. I say it because it's how I feel and there's hundreds of guys like Cory saying things about Favre that are tired and old. The worship of him should've stopped a long time ago, but the praise continues with no restraint or no shred of honesty or balance.

I was accused of ignoring facts. The same applies to Cory. He's ignored all the negatives. All I'm trying to do is provide the balance that is not found hardly anywhere in Packerland.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Trolling?

It should be pretty clear where I'm coming from. I was the one who got ripped and called arrogant for stating things that are facts.

I've wanted Favre to retire from the moment he started talking about it. I no longer respect him like I once did and wish someone else could take over. I don't say this to get a rise. I say it because it's how I feel and there's hundreds of guys like Cory saying things about Favre that are tired and old. The worship of him should've stopped a long time ago, but the praise continues with no restraint or no shred of honesty or balance.

I was accused of ignoring facts. The same applies to Cory. He's ignored all the negatives. All I'm trying to do is provide the balance that is not found hardly anywhere in Packerland.

lol lets all sit back and think about this post an laugh at the irony an contradiction.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...If someone told you 1+1=2 they would be arrogant?

This is an interesting group here.

I'm called a troll because my opinion is in the extreme minority. This is typical America. Hate those different and ostracize them.

Where's the balance ZtC? Are you going to call Cory arrogant, too? I suppose not because he's like you.

Do you want to see how "arrogant" I am? Go read my posts in the Justin Harrell Welcome thread. Surely, an arrogant man does what I did in that thread. I admitted stating something inaccurate and didn't edit it out. I left it in there for all to see that I was wrong and gave credit to the one who was right.

Fun group here.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trolling?

When you are going to have balance to your arguments?

Edit-for instance anyone that disagrees with you about Hawk is somehow a "homer" and anyone that points out the positives about Brett is "unbalanced" and "worshipping Favre".....That's not balance at all.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So...If someone told you 1+1=2 they would be arrogant?

This is an interesting group here.

I'm called a troll because my opinion is in the extreme minority. This is typical America. Hate those different and ostracize them.

Where's the balance ZtC? Are you going to call Cory arrogant, too? I suppose not because he's like you.

Do you want to see how "arrogant" I am? Go read my posts in the Justin Harrell Welcome thread. Surely, an arrogant man does what I did in that thread. I admitted stating something inaccurate and didn't edit it out. I left it in there for all to see that I was wrong and gave credit to the one who was right.

Fun group here.

First of all, no one likes me here, get that straight! ;)
Second, where the hell are you getting ZtC? I don't have a forking T in my screen name at all!!
Third, Cory didn't come in here stirring up the place with nonsensical, unbalanced comments that have little to zero backing.

Don't get to bent on the arrogant comment bro, sometimes you just have to live with who you are. I'm an arrogant *******, I don't hide it, nor should you. :)

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool...Sorry, about using a "T". Every variation of two, to, or too all starts with a "T". I'll start using the numeric value instead of the alphabetical one. Z2C.

As I said, I don't need to point out positives about Favre or Hawk. There are hundreds lined up here who can't wait to write something flattering about either.

It is balance to state things that others ignore or gloss over.

Do you think that I'm unaware of Brett Favre's positives? He used to be my favorite athlete of all time. Couldn't find a bigger Favre fan than me a few years ago. I'm just surprised that more haven't come to the conclusion I have about him.

The Hawk stuff is silly. I never once said a bad thing about AJ Hawk. If I did, use the quote feature and show me. It may have appeared I said bad things about him, but I merely said Urlacher was better.

Tom Brady is better than Vince Young. Does that automatically mean I think Vince Young sucks or I think ill of him? I think Vince Young is what most everyone thinks he is... I like Brady better, but I'd be willing to bet a hardened Titans fan would tell me why Vince is better.

I'm a fan of this team and like I said elsewhere, I'm an objective one. I try very hard to take emotion out of the equation in assessing this club. I suppose it is more fun to believe things that aren't true, but I won't be in that long line. I'll be the guy getting called arrogant by the group drinking the kool aid and I guess if I'm going to remain a poster here I'll just have to deal with it. It doesn't hurt me it disappoints me.

Since Z2C is an admitted *******... let me know what is was exactly tha was non-sensical. I'm seriously anxious to see what you think qualifies as non-sensical.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool...Sorry, about using a "T". Every variation of two, to, or too all starts with a "T". I'll start using the numeric value instead of the alphabetical one. Z2C.

As I said, I don't need to point out positives about Favre or Hawk. There are hundreds lined up here who can't wait to write something flattering about either.

It is balance to state things that others ignore or gloss over.

Do you think that I'm unaware of Brett Favre's positives? He used to be my favorite athlete of all time. Couldn't find a bigger Favre fan than me a few years ago. I'm just surprised that more haven't come to the conclusion I have about him.

The Hawk stuff is silly. I never once said a bad thing about AJ Hawk. If I did, use the quote feature and show me. It may have appeared I said bad things about him, but I merely said Urlacher was better.

Tom Brady is better than Vince Young. Does that automatically mean I think Vince Young sucks or I think ill of him? I think Vince Young is what most everyone thinks he is... I like Brady better, but I'd be willing to bet a hardened Titans fan would tell me why Vince is better.

I'm a fan of this team and like I said elsewhere, I'm an objective one. I try very hard to take emotion out of the equation in assessing this club. I suppose it is more fun to believe things that aren't true, but I won't be in that long line. I'll be the guy getting called arrogant by the group drinking the kool aid and I guess if I'm going to remain a poster here I'll just have to deal with it. It doesn't hurt me it disappoints me.

Since Z2C is an admitted *******... let me know what is was exactly tha was non-sensical. I'm seriously anxious to see what you think qualifies as non-sensical.

Well duh Urlacher is better. The sky is blue and my yard is full of dog crap.

What else is new?

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam.... I'm with you 100%. It's just that some fans don't see that, and, or, won't admit it.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam.... I'm with you 100%. It's just that some fans don't see that, and, or, won't admit it.

Urlacher is probably a Hall of Famer, but we've had a bigger sample size of his work.

We'll see what Hawk does this year and coming years.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now I admit I didnt read this entire thread, but did someone actually say Hawk is better than Urlacher?

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This "debate" was from another thread I started on our draft philosophy that devolved into a debate over Hawk and Urlacher as rookies.

I'll let Cory tell you about it as he was the one arguing the most ardently for AJ.

Members online

Latest posts