This feels like the 2010 season.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
A boat load of key injurys,Rodgers gets hurt,majority of players getting healthy down the stretch.

If Rodgers comes back relativity quickly the Team will get healthier down the stretch. I dont care about winning the Division. Lets get back to #6 Seed and Kick *** and take names again.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A boat load of key injurys,Rodgers gets hurt,majority of players getting healthy down the stretch.

If Rodgers comes back relativity quickly the Team will get healthier down the stretch. I dont care about winning the Division. Lets get back to #6 Seed and Kick *** and take names again.

But it does not feel anything like the 2010 season.

Packers 2010 Defensive Rankings:

Points - 2nd in the league
Total Yards - 5th in the league
Turnovers - 6th in the league

Packers 2013 Defensive Rankings:

Points - 14th in the league
Total Yards - 15th in the league
Turnovers - could not find solid rankings but we are bad, we have a -3 to differential right now

My point to all of this is that during the 2010 season our defense was strong all year even during the injury periods. This year, the defense just sucks. Healthy or not the pass defense is just terrible and in this day and age of a pass happy league, it is going to kill us if they can not figure out a way to get better.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 2010 Defensive Rankings:

Points - 2nd in the league
Total Yards - 5th in the league
Turnovers - 6th in the league

Packers 2013 Defensive Rankings:

Points - 14th in the league
Total Yards - 15th in the league
Turnovers - could not find solid rankings but we are bad, we have a -3 to differential right now

My point to all of this is that during the 2010 season our defense was strong all year even during the injury periods. This year, the defense just sucks. Healthy or not the pass defense is just terrible and in this day and age of a pass happy league, it is going to kill us if they can not figure out a way to get better.
Clay returns to practice this week.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the D was starting to step up, but the pass rush is gone without Perry and Matthews...and anyone else watch Tramon Williams and just get mad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we make a late push for the playoffs. Trust me.

As pointed out, this is much different than 2010, but I agree, we will make a late push for the playoffs. Maybe we close out the season with full steam in a must win stretch and hit the playoffs brutally steam rolling over opponents.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
This is nothing like 2010 at all. There is a difference in losing key defensive players in bunches rathers than just a couple.... there is a difference in losing your QB for a game and a half due to concussion vs losing him for 3 - 6 weeks, the defense is NOT picking off passes like it did in 2010 either. This major incident with the Arod injury is the nail in the coffin so to speak.....we as civilian non players just suddenly got a lot more in common with the packers players from one aspect......we will all be watching the play-offs and super bowl from our couches.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

........Healthy or not the pass defense is just terrible and in this day and age of a pass happy league, it is going to kill us if they can not figure out a way to get better.
And that's the part that seems very odd because we are said to have the best and deepest group of CBs in the league.
What does that tell you?

A) we don't, they are overrated beginning with Tramon and House
B) the safety play back there is the problem, no Nick Collins like in 2010
C) the lack of pass rush, missing the Superstar Matthews, plus Perry, makes any QB look good

I still can't forget week 1 this year when they made Kaepernick look like Peyton Manning throwing the ball.
Boldin was wide open all game long, and he hasn't been half-that open since then.
Vernon Davis was wide open all game long too.

It's like they, and Trestman, knew exactly what we'd do in every situation almost.... got guys wide open.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
And that's the part that seems very odd because we are said to have the best and deepest group of CBs in the league.
What does that tell you?

A) we don't, they are overrated beginning with Tramon and House
B) the safety play back there is the problem, no Nick Collins like in 2010
C) the lack of pass rush, missing the Superstar Matthews, plus Perry, makes any QB look good

I still can't forget week 1 this year when they made Kaepernick look like Peyton Manning throwing the ball.
Boldin was wide open all game long, and he hasn't been half-that open since then.
Vernon Davis was wide open all game long too.

It's like they, and Trestman, knew exactly what we'd do in every situation almost.... got guys wide open.

Funny that you mention kaepernick in week one. He put up 400+ yards that week.....and since then his biggest performance has been only 200 yards. SF ranks last in passing yards per game. I too thinkthat it is not only our pass defense that is weak and overrated, it is the play of the LB's that have to drop into short coverage.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I completely agree.

YES!!! The man is NOT good for my blood pressure!
Tramon seems to have lost a step, and one step in the NFL makes a world of difference.
I've tried to defend him, but he's killing us lately.....still like the guy, but he's hurting us.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Tramon seems to have lost a step, and one step in the NFL makes a world of difference.
I've tried to defend him, but he's killing us lately.....still like the guy, but he's hurting us.

Agree. His one or two decent plays per game does not make up for the times he gets burnt like toast and his **** poor tackling.

Members online

Latest posts