This does not belong anywhere in non violent team sports!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Here's a random thought....

Juwan Howard is going to see a suspension for his thug like behavior after The Badgers spanked his Wolverines today!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially when the opposing teams are being good sports and are greeting each other after the game.

They, NCAA, Big 10, or Mich. needs to fire his butt.
Not suspension.
Not that anger management BS.
FIRED!
Blankety blanks like this do not deserve a second chance and should not be anywhere near a court or field or whatever playing surface there is he coached on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Juwan Howard is going to see a suspension for his thug like behavior after The Badgers spanked his Wolverines today!

He should be fired but he won't be because of woke black privilege.
If the races were reversed, he'd be gone.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He should be fired but he won't be because of woke black privilege.
If the races were reversed, he'd be gone.
Not quite sure what you mean by "woke black privlege" or "if the races were reveresed". But whatever, I doubt that his race or anyone elses that was involved, will have any bearing on how the NCAA or The University of Michigan and Wisconsin, will handle the situation.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you mean by "woke black privlege" or "if the races were reveresed". But whatever, I doubt that his race or anyone elses that was involved, will have any bearing on how the NCAA or The University of Michigan and Wisconsin, will handle the situation.
Do you really mean that you aren't quite sure about those terms? I find that hard to believe, and I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but if you need an explanation, I'm pretty sure I can give you one.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Do you really mean that you aren't quite sure about those terms? I find that hard to believe, and I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but if you need an explanation, I'm pretty sure I can give you one.
I know what the terms mean, but find it difficult seeing the relevancy in this situation. Then again, I find it difficult to see the relevancy in any situation. Honestly, I think those terms are used by some people to explain away what they perceive as overcompensating due to race, which in itself is racism.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what the terms mean, but find it difficult seeing the relevancy in this situation. Then again, I find it difficult to see the relevancy in any situation. Honestly, I think those terms are used by some people to explain away what they perceive as overcompensating due to race, which in itself is racism.
There was no racist intent with my comment.
We do have two coaches of two different races in this situation.

I just suspect that in this new era of "Wokeness" that blacks might be given a break for when they do wrong actions and whites may not.

For example take a look at the Whoopi Goldberg situation.
They have fired white comedians or commentators when they put their foot in their mouths and yet with Whoopi they gave her a suspension or a second chance as well as a chance to come back the very next day to apologize and retract and correct her previous statements.
They never gave breaks that I know of like that to the ones who were white they fired such as Roseanne.

Granted this fight is a different situation but I will be surprised if he is fired over this, which he should be.

What I find ironic is that Mich. have anti racist and non violent messages on the backs of their jackets, that you can see while one holds back the coach in the video I posted before at 1:05, and yet here their own coach is not following the example of being non violent.
Way to be a shining example to your players, coach.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There was no racist intent with my comment.
We do have two coaches of two different races in this situation.

I just suspect that in this new era of "Wokeness" that blacks might be given a break for when they do wrong actions and whites may not.

For example take a look at the Whoopi Goldberg situation.
They have fired white comedians or commentators when they put their foot in their mouths and yet with Whoopi they gave her a suspension or a second chance as well as a chance to come back the very next day to apologize and retract and correct her previous statements.
They never gave breaks that I know of like that to the ones who were white they fired such as Roseanne.

Granted this fight is a different situation but I will be surprised if he is fired over this, which he should be.

What I find ironic is that Mich. have anti racist and non violent messages on the backs of their jackets, that you can see while one holds back the coach in the video I posted before at 1:05, and yet here their own coach is not following the example of being non violent.
Way to be a shining example to your players, coach.
While I understand what you are saying, I will say it again, the color of ones skin, their race, religion, gender, etc. should not factor into this. I look forward to the day when such things are no longer even referenced. To me it is like saying "That guy is wearing a blue jacket, thus X will happen to him." Who cares what color his damn jacket is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you know what started the fight or frustration with Howard?
I understand that Wis. took a time out or something?
How or why did that make him mad?
Without knowing the details that doesn't make sense to me since timeouts are part of the game and coaches/players have the right to use them whenever they want on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Do you know what started the fight or frustration with Howard?
I understand that Wis. took a time out or something?
How or why did that make him mad?
Without knowing the details that doesn't make sense to me since timeouts are part of the game and coaches/players have the right to use them whenever they want on both sides of the ball.
Without going back and watching it, I don't know the exact times. But the Badgers had the game wrapped up (up 15 points) with say under a minute to go. Badgers brought in their subs, Michigan left some starters in and put on a full court press and/or fouled the Badger subs. Personally, I thought bad coaching on Howards part, you don't press, you don't foul, you just let the time run out and leave.

There was like 15 seconds to go. The Badgers got the ball after a Michigan score and a player lost his shoe, as the Badgers were inbounding. Ref stopped play and told Gard that they had 4 seconds to inbound the ball and get it past half court. So he had one time out left and wanted to inform the subs and prepare a logical play, he used the time out. Howard took exception to this and told his players to foul the Badgers. Game ends, Howard still is mad that Gard called a timeout. Gard wanted to explain why he did to him during the handshake and Howard wanted nothing to do with it.

While I think Gard shouldn't have grabbed Howard's arm in an attempt to talk to him, Howard was was out of line. If he wants to be mad about the Badgers using a timeout, then he should be mad at himself for continuing to press and foul players.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without going back and watching it, I don't know the exact times. But the Badgers had the game wrapped up (up 15 points) with say under a minute to go. Badgers brought in their subs, Michigan left some starters in and put on a full court press and/or fouled the Badger subs. Personally, I thought bad coaching on Howards part, you don't press, you don't foul, you just let the time run out and leave.

There was like 15 seconds to go. The Badgers got the ball after a Michigan score and a player lost his shoe, as the Badgers were inbounding. Ref stopped play and told Gard that they had 4 seconds to inbound the ball and get it past half court. So he had one time out left and wanted to inform the subs and prepare a logical play, he used the time out. Howard took exception to this and told his players to foul the Badgers. Game ends, Howard still is mad that Gard called a timeout. Gard wanted to explain why he did to him during the handshake and Howard wanted nothing to do with it.

While I think Gard shouldn't have grabbed Howard's arm in an attempt to talk to him, Howard was was out of line. If he wants to be mad about the Badgers using a timeout, then he should be mad at himself for continuing to press and foul players.
Thanx bro.

Yeah, it was stupid of him to be mad at the Badgers for everything.

And yeah, why bother fouling when there is zero chance they will make any kind of comeback to win???

I understand the game was tied at the half. So he was probably not expecting them to lose as badly as they did.

You don't wanna get mad as a coach? Then do a Lombardi and coach them to win!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I heard one media guy say it best. "You coach your team and only your team. Stop worrying about the way the other coach is coaching his team."

I'm guessing Gard wasn't all that happy about Howard keeping starters in, still calling for them to press and foul, but that was Howard's decision. Gard may have also seen it as a good learning experience for his younger guys, thus another reason to call the timeout.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair punishment.

Glad to see they fined Gard too, he wasn't completely innocent. 2 players from Michigan and 1 from WI. suspended as well.

If these 2 teams meet in The Big10 Tournament, there will be a lot of eyes on the game.

I don't feel like that is enough and I still cannot help but feel that skin color plays a part in this.
They won't admit it, but I think it does.

Do you, or anyone else who may read this, honestly think that if it had been a white coach who reached out and slapped a black coach that all he would have gotten was a suspension?
My gut tells me he would have been fired. And minutes after it happened.
If not by the NCAA then by the school.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't feel like that is enough and I still cannot help but feel that skin color plays a part in this.
They won't admit it, but I think it does.

Do you, or anyone else who may read this, honestly think that if it had been a white coach who reached out and slapped a black coach that all he would have gotten was a suspension?
My gut tells me he would have been fired. And minutes after it happened.
If not by the NCAA then by the school.
I don't think the NCAA could fire Howard. He was fined $40k and suspended for 5 games. I assume that he also won't be paid by Michigan during the suspension.

While I didn't like his behavior, I think it was a fair penalty. Did his race influence things? I hope not, but I'm sure some will choose to debate whether it did or didn't.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I understand what you are saying, I will say it again, the color of ones skin, their race, religion, gender, etc. should not factor into this. I look forward to the day when such things are no longer even referenced. To me it is like saying "That guy is wearing a blue jacket, thus X will happen to him." Who cares what color his damn jacket is.

I think we all hope for that...but its certainly not reality...being someone who falls in a weird middle ground and has experienced the different ways people treat me based on what they precieve my race to be.

Theres white people who are racist against white people and black people who are racist against black people etc

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Intolerence, prejudice, h8red are everywhere. Larger than ever IMO and they all have their "reasons" for it. Humans don't change, not really.

anyway, I heard the excuses on the radio going to work in the morning. For some reason, my new phone lost it's cell coverage and my streaming music stopped. Anyway, after I heard the excuses I had to see the video. I don't care about the before. If you're going to use starters in that situation for full press, don't be surprised when the other coach calls a TO to coach up his backups. It is about playing and coaching right?

and Gard was NOT aggressive in anyway. To me it was 2 people, who had been friendly in the past and one was really pissed off and the other was like "hey, man, this is what happened, let's talk about this" It wasn't an aggressive I want to start **** touch, it was a de-escalating one between familiar people. and besides, he didn't even hit Gard, he smacked someone else.

The excuses don't fly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts