Think the Packers are set at QB? Maybe not...

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldn't be worried about htis at all. Teams do this a lot. If anything we're concerned at the #3 spot, where Martin and Wrobel have struggled.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt they werelooking at Fitzpatrick as the QB of the future. It would just be to bring him in as the 3rd stringer, because, like the previous poster said, Martin and Wrobel have struggled. It would probably be more benificial to the development of Ingle Martin to have him on the practice squad this season, as opposed to being the 3rd string QB.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the day after this rumor, it was dispelled by st louis front office staff. not gonna happen unfortunately (i think fitz is a decent young prospect obviously).

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tihnk the pack is set very well at quarterback with Favre for another year or two (maybe three) and Rodgers seems reliable

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
I tihnk the pack is set very well at quarterback with Favre for another year or two (maybe three) and Rodgers seems reliable
If he plays 3 more years I will crap myself.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought heard him say he will atleast come back for two years and if he stays for two theres a possibility of three.....maybe I'm just crazy

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be that GB is concerned over our OL, more specificly, pass protection. This is the time in TC when the OL should be gelling so we'll see. I for one would hate to be the guy on the OL who was responsible for Brett breaking his playing streak.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Fitzpatrick Trade Rumor False

Apologies to Thompson

My apologies to Green Bay GM Ted Thompson who insists that the Rams never called inquiring about trading backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and that the Packers would never be interested in the Harvard passer.

Another thought on Green Bay ... the tension that pervaded the building when Mike Sherman was the head coach is gone. The little people, the secretaries, those in the Pro Shop, enjoy the new working atmosphere under Thompson and new head coach Mike McCarthy. This is a bigger deal in Green Bay because it is such a small city.

“It was never a good working relationship between Ted and Coach Sherman because no matter how much Ted tried to open a dialogue with him, it never happened,â€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Fitzpatrick Trade Rumor False

Packersfan43084 said:
Apologies to Thompson

“It was never a good working relationship between Ted and Coach Sherman because no matter how much Ted tried to open a dialogue with him, it never happened,â€

Latest posts