1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Things that annoy you

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Boy Scout, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    1. People who talk on the phone while driving. Hang up and drive before you make me spill my coffee!

2. People who think they are better drivers because they have a more expensive car. Guess what? if I hit you with my truck at speed, you are going to the hospital.

3. NFL fans who think they know more about football than other fans just because they follow a particular team. They don't. Knowledge is based on experience and schooling, not through osmosis from other fans who don't know any more than you do.

4. People who chew with their mouth open.

I'll add more later.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    While I agree with the #3, the two things can be connected.

If you asked a Packer fan in 2002 what was the key to building a championship team, chances are he would say it was building a core with the draft and adquiring players through free agency to fill the spots of need. He would also say that you had to draft for need, that having too many players at one certain area while negating the other wouldn't lead to sucess.

He would also say that you needed Free Agents to bring leadership to a young team.

However, after seeing Ted Thompson operate sucessfully, nowadays if you ask a Packer what's the formula for winning, he would say it's to build through the draft almost exclusively, bringing free agents only when they're a great fit for the system, and only for a reasonable price. They'll argue that you need to get the best player available, because drafting for need will make you reach and will lead to busts more easily.

He will also say that you need to build team chemistry and develop leadership in a natural way.

While it's true that any nfl fan could reach those conclusions, because Packers fans lived it daily, they can talk about that with more knowledge.

It's experience and schooling that makes a fan knowledgeable, but experience and schooling are much easily absorbed by people close to a certain team.

3. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    I think more fans than just Packer fans live with this daily. To make that assumption that it's only Packer fans is disingenuous. I would say that fans of other teams know it as well, not that their team is doing the same thing. I know Viking fans have been ticked for years as to how they have been bringing in players. The draft is the core of your team. Have a few bad drafts and you can be screwed for a long time. See Detroit. Draft for the core and supplement with FA.

One of the teams that does well is New England. They seem to draft for the future and only pick up free agents when they need to of find a good deal. They also are very good at collecting extra picks in the draft. (They average over the last 14 years 9 picks a year. And only once in that time period did they have less picks than rounds.)

BTTOP:

One more thing that annoys me. People who complain about being overweight while stuffing their mouth with a McDonald's cheeseburger and fries and Diet Coke.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I didn't make the assumption that only Packers fans have that knowledge. But because they're close to the system, they have.

It kinda like Bucs fans and Tampa 2. Nowadays most of the NFL knows about it, but I'd say that most of the Bucs fans have more knowledge about that system, about it's ups and downs, than other teams that don't employ it.

5. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221
    Friends, relatives, and parents that allow their children to not finish all of their food or drink when visiting. Pull a 32 oz Gatorade or 20 oz soda ("pop" for you Cheeseheads) from the 'fridge, take two sips and then leave it on the table or counter. Aggghh - drives me crazy.

People that drive 2 miles over the speed limit in the left lane and believe they deserve to be there because they are "speeding."

Clothes on the floor.

Lights left on, or the television left on when no one is watching.

Lebron screaming after every basket he makes. Can't stand him.

6. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221
    come on Ivo! One firm pull from any semi-aggresive woman, and all four buttons on my jeans pop open...

7. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    Left foot breakers. Those idiots who drive while having their left foot on the break peddle keeping the brake lights on.

People who don't use turn signals.

People who believe one news source. Those that depend on only one source of news are left in the dark. Each station, Newspaper, Network puts their own slant on the news. If you depend on only one you will always get slanted news. Watch and read many, make up you own mind, that's what it's for.

Conspiracy theorist who claim 9/11 was and inside job and refuse to accept facts while believing some unknown, unnamed, third party taken from someone who claims to be an expert on the subject.

8. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Raptorman, you must drive a fair amount, and I would have to agree with you -- especially about the turn signals. The one that is equally annoying is the people who think that if they actually do use their turn signals it gives them the absolute right of way to pull into your lane.

9. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    Funny story. While living in VA I received a ticket for running a red light. I went to court just in case the officer didn't show up, he did, so I ended up paying the ticket. Anyway, while waiting for my case there were about 5 people in a row who had tickets for rear ending people who were turning. The Judge asked the first one, "Did the person in front of you use his turn signal for 50 feet or 5 seconds?" The person asked "Why?", and the Judge explained that the in VA it was the law if they did not do that you could not get a ticket, well the idiot said yes, that the person he hit had used his signals. Guilty. So the next one comes up, Judge asks the same question. Person says yes, Judge says guilty, pay the fine. The next one same thing, Guilty. Now, you have to remember, none of the people who got rear ended by these people were in the courtroom to say yay or nay to the question. Finally, the 5th person comes up and the Judge asks the question and the guy goes, NO real loud, the judge says not guilty and the guy walks without paying a dime.

Actually, I drive in FL were we have a lot of out of state and older drivers. The older ones seem to drive with both feet on the peddles.

10. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    That's a great story. I guess they are slow learners in VA (at least that part).

11. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Or they are honest people...

12. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    Even the Judge was shaking his head by the time the 4th person said it. He actually looked relieved when the 5th one said NO!

Either that or he had a gas relief at the same time.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    What I hate about people that don't use the turning lights is in intersections. I don't mind if people don't use it to change lanes or enter a road, because you can pretty much tell by the speed they're going.

But when you're stopped at an intersection waiting for a car to pass so you can turn his way, and he enters your road without a sing, it drives me nuts! If he had flashed the signal before, I could've entered the road, instead of waiting for his excellence to make his move!

In general, people who drive without concern for the others really bothers me.

(Sorry if the traslation got confused and you can't understand what the heck I'm saying)

14. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    A guy wrote a book about 9/11 within a year of the event. He was being interviewed on a national cable show and said th planes were empty and the CIA flew them remotely. The hostess asked 'how do you explain all the people on the plane calling loved ones on their cell phones'. He was stumped, looked like he was caught off guard. You think if he had wrote a book, he would have at least thought about it. He stammered, and said that he couldn't explain everything.

His best quote, "The fact that there is no evidence, proves there was a cover-up".

15. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Every one in unison now
    It's not the heat it's the humidity.
    To that I say male bovine excreta. I'm chilly when it's 40 and foggy out when the humidity by definition is maxed out. So it ain't the dagnabbit humidity, it's the heat. I've been in desert dry heat and yeah it gets hot without humidity too.

16. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Going to the Dr. and her saying my 3y/o is over weight and wants her to be symmetrical. I'm thinking, "Why? So we can have a bunch of robots that all look the same and act the same?"

17. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,044
    I don't understand the symmetrical comment. According to the charts, my boys were overweight at that age also. The charts do not account for different body proportions. My boys were short for their weight because their trunk was longer in relation to their legs (inch or so) and the trunk has more wight per inch than the legs. The chart don't account for that.

18. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    I know. Thats the word the Dr. used to tell me at her age she should be this tall and weigh this much. I was a pudgy kid when I was young, and most everyone is. Its called baby fat. I just glared at her while she was talking. and all i heard was wa wa wa wa wa, im stupid, wa wa wa wa wa

19. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Just what you need...a 3 y/o with an inferiority complex because he/she is told they are fat.

20. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    what a way to start life

21. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    They weighed my son at school and said he was heavy for his age. He was 6 at the time, the second tallest kindergartner in the school, so I asked them if his weight corresponded correctly to his height and they looked at me like I was from outer space. What's really funny is that my son is skinny as a rail. I told them to let me worry about my son's weight. He has always been in the higher percentages for kids a year older than him. His doctor says don't worry about the number, you can tell just by looking at him that he is fine. Just tall for his age.

22. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I remember being pleasantly plump in grade school...devasting morale-wise. Maybe if more emphasis were put on a child's accomplishments and positive traits, there wouldn't be so many overweight, depressed kids.

23. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,044
    My daughter is about the age my sons went from skinny as a rail to full bodied. I think it is easier on boys to be larger. Mine just became techno nerds and musicians and gave up athletics. My daughter 'til now is active enough to stay slight. Genetics are against her though. She does prefer lighter fare when eating and always has. That is in her favor.

24. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Well my kids are my kids. If I need any help or parental advice, I'm going to my parents, not some Dr. that reads a book and thinks thats the norm. Its kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only one that thinks like this.

25. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Drs are more like auto mechanics than engineers. Watch their actions with that mindset next time. They collect info and look it up in a book (program.) Physicals are the only real doctoring they do.