Things going good for Packers playoff push

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A look at other teams who GB is relying on.

BEARS
-Injuries
-Probably going to rest a good number of starters in week 17 vs. GB

GIANTS (who we need to lose)
-Strahan out.
-Coughlin pretty much fires his OC and picks someone else to call plays.
-Giants apparently imploding.

SAINTS (who we might need to lose)
-Coach said he will be resting some players.

PANTHERS (who we might need to win)

-Might get Delhomme back for week 17 instead of playing Weinke.

EXCITING TIMES!!!

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im so exited. Looks like the G-men are gonna have a hard time. The only thing that scares me about that game agaisnt Washington is, The Redskins arnt good at all. hopefully they will be able to pull it off.

But yeah Trom, Things are (looking) good but we will see what happens.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings need to win and with that terrible rookie QB they are playing, I dont see that happening.
they don't need to win, it's an option out of 3 possibilites.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
The Vikings need to win and with that terrible rookie QB they are playing, I dont see that happening.
they don't need to win, it's an option out of 3 possibilites.

BTW, what are the 3 scenarios???

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. "Things going good for Packers playoff push"

Good is an adjective not an adverb. I would suggest using well instead of good. As in, Things are going well for Packers playoff push.

2. Yes, winning against the 49'ers, Lions, and choke kings can cause the memory of games against Jets, Patriots, Eagles, and Bears to fade.

3. The Packers went through a learning year. The coaches gained some experience as well as the new players. It was not as wasted a year as the last one.

They have left plenty of room for improvement for next year. I wish some of the games this year were as close as last year's games.

4. Once the free agents and 2007 draft picks are signed in July the team will have as much player talent since Thompson began dismantling the Packers in January of 2005. The coaching staff should also be improved.

5. After this weekend Packer fans should feel anticipation and hope for the 2007 season. They will loose a DT or 2 to free agency and Ben Taylor.
But with Underwood's return, and the likely demotion of Manuel and the change in secondary coaches should solidify the Defense. The most work will be done on the Offense where 2 new backup linemen are needed as well as an RB, TE, WR or 2.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. "Things going good for Packers playoff push"

Good is an adjective not an adverb. I would suggest using well instead of good. As in, Things are going well for Packers playoff push.

wow....

wow....................

I would suggest.. :leaves before getting in trouble:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really wanna be optimistic. and i am going to be ... so i think we will make the playoffs.

but the first thing lovie smith said when he arrived at that retarded looking spaceship they call a stadium was that he was gonna beat the packers.

so i definetly dont think that they are gonna lay down and roll over for their most hated rival.

next... too many things rely on the giants losing. so you gotta know they are gonna come out there and ruining everyones fun on saturday night.

im cautiously optimistic. but go skins and go pack

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, what is up with some of you guys? Balance your realism with just a little pinch of optimism. The chance to make the playoffs is fun, it's part of the Packers' history. We can sit around an mope and say "we don't deserve it," but who does deserve it? The frikkin New York Giants?? They have been terrible. The Rams? Falcons? Please. The NFC sucks, that's too bad, but it is what it is. We are Packers fans and I'd love to see us in the postseason... even if just for one game.

Good thread, tromadz.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said Scotty. As as for the grammar police, check your own thread, you've got an error too. Now, back to football.

So the next question is when are the other games that may affect the Packers chances? I believe someone said the Giants game is on Saturday night?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants sat night 7pm central...

And as far as saying we dont deserve the playoffs...

That was a huge issue with sherman, people always said Sherman got the team to the playoffs, but just like this year THEY HAD TO GET IN THE BACK DOOR.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first game against the Bears last year had the packers using a unique strategy. Brett Favre and an empty backfield most of the game. Gutsy.

One of the more effective game plans against the Bears Defense.

As I don't Ahman Green plowing over Bear defenders it probably is the best strategy to used what the Packers do best plus an occaisional run to catch them off guard.

McCarthy bullheadedly running early in the game will only encourage the Bears. Let's hope for one good game from Manuel or better yet that he is not even tested like the last game.

Members online

Latest posts