They say Favre should be benched but what about Brunell?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok this bothers me a lot and I posted this on my sports blog.

1st off don't get me wrong but I believe Green Bay should move on without Favre soon and Rodgers needs playing time. Common sense says the two parties will eventually move on..

What bothers me is Rodgers was taken 24th overall. Campbell was taken 25th. Same Draft. The Packers are 1-4 and the Redskins are 2-4. So I hope the media uses the same logic they use with Favre and say it's time to bench Mark Brunell and play Jason Campbell. Brunell is playing very similar to Favre as well. He has 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Favre has 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Both over 1,000 yards.

Although Favre doesn't have Santana Moss, Randel El and Brandon Lloyd. Favre also doesn't have Clinton Portis and a good offensive line. In terms of who these teams lost to. GB has lost to Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis, and Philly. Combine record is 18-5. Washington has lost to Minnesota, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, and Tennessee. Combine record is 10-11.

So I'm going to do a wait and see on what I hear this week. In my opinion Washington is in the exact same situation GB is in now. I hope ESPN Radio, Jim Rome, Inside the NFL, and all the other shows take in account it's time to play Jason Campbell since they feel it's time to play Aaron Rodgers. GB get's bashed for Not benching Favre but they let Brunell "stink" it up and it's okay because the "experts" thought they were going to be good. It’s ridiculous to hear that Favre has held GB hostage because he’s not going up to McCarthy and saying “Bench Me” and watch the Redskins in the exact same situation and Washington of course gets left alone.

More so a Rant by Porky. :twisted:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction: Favre has 7 tds. Not that big a deal I know, but still.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brunells name doesn't grab the attention that Favres name does hence you probably will not see or hear these guys make a big deal out of Brunell.
They like to stir the pot with something that will help their ratings.
If people hear the name Brett Favre they are more likely to pay attention to the program than if they hear the name Mark Brunell.
Let's watch and see.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They talk about it a little. About when Brunell is finally gonna get benched, but Favre is a legend and replacing a legend is a lot more newsworthy story than replacing a once "good' QB that isn't even with his original team nor played his best years with his current team.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Campbell is the third string QB in Washington. I don't know if it's he's not good enough to be second string or what, but I'm pretty sure he's not even the backup.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% Porky. great rant. The one thing that gets conjured up in my mind about the stupid media is last year when everyone said the Bears were going to suck and even after they piled up 10 wins, the football gurus would not admit they were wrong.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benching Favre is a joke, if they are going to bench anyone it should be the entire team NOT just one person..we are also a rebuilding team or should I say most players on our team are rookies they are learning and they need a break..we will be good again just watch...

As for the media: Of course they pick on Brett Favre cause he is news worthy, when they speak that name everyone listens...they need to just shuddup IMO....

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I agree with you 100% Porky. great rant. The one thing that gets conjured up in my mind about the stupid media is last year when everyone said the Bears were going to suck and even after they piled up 10 wins, the football gurus would not admit they were wrong.

Exactly..

THey thought Washington was going to be good but there not. I thought Washington was going to be good as well but I was wrong and their obviously not going anywhere this year. They play Indy next week in Indy. Chalk up 2-5 pretty much.

I also agree that Favre draws names but Washington isn't a small market team. They are rather a big market team so they are definately news worthy.

Members online

Latest posts