There is something I HAVE GOT TO KNOW......

bngwhodat81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, first off, I am a saints fan and I am not on here to start any mess with anybody. Secondly, inquiring minds of my fellow coworkers along with myself need and want to know if you packer fans, still absolutely LOVE BRETT FAVRE, mr #4, Pick 6 King of the League. Rumor has it, that the alot of the Green Bay fans still LOVE BRETT FAVRE, and that no matter what team he is on, even if it is the Packers' BIGGEST Rival, that they want him to do good, even against GREEN BAY. I look forward to ALL answers, please tell me if this is true or not, and feel free to vent about how you feel about Brett Favre.

Thanks Guys!!!!
:viksux:<<<Wishes they had a #4 instead of that Viking Logo heh heh heh

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I love Brett Favre, for all hes done, the time he was with GB and all. Do i want him to do well no matter where he is? Sure. Do i want him to do well against Green bay? HEEECK NO! ahah. Packers is my team and now we have a wonderful QB to enjoy far down the road. I do got mad respect and love for Favre although he left to our rivals the Viqueens. I do hope cowgirls bang em up a bit just to make it easier on us down the road aha well i hope they both bang eachother up...saints fan eh? goodluck with the bucs this weekend.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I detest Favre playing for the VIQUEENS, he was my favorite player for years! He was basically a hero figure of my favorite team...I wasn't happy when he retired & I felt, at the time, that the GM screwed us...I didn't mind him playing for the JETS at all....I was all for it & I did root for him....

when he pulled the whole charade of retiring once more, just so he could have an opportunity to play with the VIQUEENS, why else, to stick it to my FAVORITE team, that's when I started to disgust favre, NO ONE person is bigger then a TEAM and wanted to puke when I saw him dawn the purple helmet in training camp...I always want the VIQUEENS to lose, I want them to move to LA, but I will say there are a couple times where I find myself rooting for Favre a lil bit, more for his performance (not stats), I admire the fact that he can still play at a high level, it still ****** me off when I see him hooting and hollering when he makes a big play against the Packers...I found myself feeling bad for Favre last season against your SAINTS, he got his butt whooped!

However, he is still a DIVA, selfish, cares about his stats as much or more then his wins, & I can't stand seeing him play purple...the most annoying thing is the VIQUEEN fans defending Favre now, after all these years of saying how much he sucks, he should retire, he's washed up, etc....now they would drop to their knees in front of him if they saw him...go figure

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I detest Favre playing for the VIQUEENS, he was my favorite player for years! He was basically a hero figure of my favorite team...I wasn't happy when he retired & I felt, at the time, that the GM screwed us...I didn't mind him playing for the JETS at all....I was all for it & I did root for him....

when he pulled the whole charade of retiring once more, just so he could have an opportunity to play with the VIQUEENS, why else, to stick it to my FAVORITE team, that's when I started to disgust favre, NO ONE person is bigger then a TEAM and wanted to puke when I saw him dawn the purple helmet in training camp...I always want the VIQUEENS to lose, I want them to move to LA, but I will say there are a couple times where I find myself rooting for Favre a lil bit, more for his performance (not stats), I admire the fact that he can still play at a high level, it still ****** me off when I see him hooting and hollering when he makes a big play against the Packers...I found myself feeling bad for Favre last season against your SAINTS, he got his butt whooped!

However, he is still a DIVA, selfish, cares about his stats as much or more then his wins, & I can't stand seeing him play purple...the most annoying thing is the VIQUEEN fans defending Favre now, after all these years of saying how much he sucks, he should retire, he's washed up, etc....now they would drop to their knees in front of him if they saw him...go figure

Yeah, i know right. When he was with us viqueens did nothing but talk there mess. Now hes theyre whole team. hmmm...:viksux: nice points.

OP
OP
B

bngwhodat81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that. I just don't see how it's possible for someone to be a Green Bay fan, Cheered when the queens beat ya'll last year as well as laugh, and he ALSO says he's a saints fan. Come on now, there's got to be MORE people who have thoughts and opinions on this matter. Don't be afraid to hide your thoughts and opinions. The same guy who says that most of the Packer fans still LOVE Brett Favre -on the ground, has also said that Green Bay will retire his jersey. What are your thoughts on that as well?? Any and all thoughts, I would like to know.

Reaction score
Dont refer Favre fans with Packer fans we hate it. Favre fans liked the packers when he was on it. As soon as he left they followed him to the Jets and now the Vikings. As a true packer fan I hate Brett Favre. Every game i Hope for the biggest baddest pass rusher to come around the corner unlocked and blind side him. I cheer for every hit put on him. I agree with amand34. When he was with the Jets i didn't care but as soon as he went to the vikings i got pissed off. Its something you don't do in any sports. You never go to a rival team after 10 plus years with a team. He was Wisconsins biggest idol when he was still playing for the packers. For the main reason he was playing for the packers. Wisconsin is a dedicates all its love into one sport. That's football. The packers are the only team we look forward to.Then he left team and pretty much said **** U. Im going to the vikings.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved him as a Packer and will always honour him for all the years and dedication he gave this team, even the disappointment. He will go down as one of the great football legends of all time. But that's where it ends. When he is playing for the enemy, wearing their uniform, I loathe him as surely as I loathe the enemy. I can understand how some Packer fans are still Favre fans, you follow what is in your heart. The Packers come first, not Favre. But for me, the day that dude put on a Jets jersey and later the detestable Vikings jersey, he might as well of put a target on his back. I guess even some of us have a love/ hate relationship with him. There is a lot of history there, good and bad. Favre can be a touchy subject around here, lots of emotions. It also leads trolls this way to keep hitting the Favre button as they know it's gonna get people fired up. I'm not saying you are a troll LOL, it's fine to ask questions in a polite manner such as you did! Good luck to your Saints as well!!! I've seen many fans of other teams that are the sweetest of things, hope you stay a bit!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Favre blows it's about as simple as that. Hell I didn't even like the guy when he played for gb sure he was exciting to watch but you always knew he was gonna blow it in big games.

OP
OP
B

bngwhodat81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope all of you know, that I did not mean to upset anybody if I did. It was not my intention. As I love my own team, I would never leave my team for a single player. When I think of the Packer fans, I think of them as being some of the most die hard fans out there. I am just trying to get a much better understanding as to how or why someone would leave their team for a player. If any of my saints players, whether it is Brees, Bush, Colston, whoever, if they leave, it's like you said Kitten, they would have a target on your back. You all bleed green & gold/yellow, like we bleed black and gold. Kitten, I will be sticking around for a while to do reading, and maybe even pick up a friend or two. ;)

Aaron Rodgers is God - I must misusage of words, because I was not putting Favre fans and Packer fans as being one in the same. If I came off as stating that, I'm sorry, but it is not what I meant.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is fredo from the godfather.

Dead to me. I hope we get to bury him this year.

When his father died no one was able to check his ego. He went off the deep end with the way he was being treated. I loved him as a packer but after everything he has done I hate the guy. Kind of like an ex gf. Might be a little strong but being in WI we dont have much besides drinking and the packers. If anyone mentions the Bucks or Brewers it just proves my point.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge difference between Favre fans and Packer fans.

I cheered for him as a Jet.

He lost me when he went epic ****** and weaseled his way to the Vikings, which is where I'm convinced he wanted to be for a while.

Anyway, there's tons of threads on Favre. Might go check them out.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
If you search around you'll see this topic is beating a dead horse. You are 100% correct that everyone has an opinion on this, but we're all so used to defending one way or the other that its tiring. Some examples:

1.) there's a forum that is dedicated soley to Brett Favre (Official Breet Favre), and we have a topic made for the sole purpose of "welcoming" them. They like to come in here and pretend its TT vs Brett Favre. We see it as Packers V Vikings.

2.) Everybody that has donned the Green and Gold has mad respect for Favre as a Packer. Hell, he's the face of the Green Bay Packers for the majority of us before Rodgers. Anybody with that kind of respect will gather their own fans, regardless of teams. So to say you don't understand Packer fans rooting against Packers, its because it is an impossible situation. Favre fans can root against the Packers.

3.) Me personally? I too root for every hit put on him by the opposing teams, and this year has been a personal favorite for me on that note. I just don't want him to get the hurt too much and get injured... before we play him that is. I'd love to see the same organization that GAVE him a career is the one that takes it away. Call me evil, but the man is an ***

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
If you search around you'll see this topic is beating a dead horse. You are 100% correct that everyone has an opinion on this, but we're all so used to defending one way or the other that its tiring. Some examples:

1.) there's a forum that is dedicated soley to Brett Favre (Official Breet Favre), and we have a topic made for the sole purpose of "welcoming" them. They like to come in here and pretend its TT vs Brett Favre. We see it as Packers V Vikings.

2.) Everybody that has donned the Green and Gold has mad respect for Favre as a Packer. Hell, he's the face of the Green Bay Packers for the majority of us before Rodgers. Anybody with that kind of respect will gather their own fans, regardless of teams. So to say you don't understand Packer fans rooting against Packers, its because it is an impossible situation. Favre fans can root against the Packers.

3.) Me personally? I too root for every hit put on him by the opposing teams, and this year has been a personal favorite for me on that note. I just don't want him to get the hurt too much and get injured... before we play
him that is. I'd love to see the same organization that GAVE him a career is the one that takes it away. Call me evil, but the man is an ***

Bravo!!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was done with Favre long before he crawled outta town like a dog on his belly. It started right after he won his first MVP. John Elway got a new contract, making him the highest paid player in the NFL. Favre immediately demanded a new contract (through the media, no less) saying "If I'm the best player, I should get paid the most." I knew right then that he was, and is, a ******. Good riddance.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

3.) Me personally? I too root for every hit put on him by the opposing teams, and this year has been a personal favorite for me on that note. I just don't want him to get the hurt too much and get injured... before we play him that is. I'd love to see the same organization that GAVE him a career is the one that takes it away. Call me evil, but the man is an ***

A brilliant synopsis! Very well put!

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoyed Favre while he was a Packer but I can't cheer for him now as a Viqueen.

If he wants to continue to play, that's his decision but I hate that he's in purple.

I look at it this way. . .

'If you want to re-marry, that's cool. . .but don't re-marry to your ex's ugly sister.'

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think what bothers me about the brett thing is people forget wolf took when he was a headache for the falcons yes he proved himself and over came a lot but i think it helped he had fans around who stood beside him,he did a lot for greenbay but they did a lot for him dont like that he is with the vikes.but now that he is there he is just another q.b matthews will have a hay day with still like brett but after watchin him play the jets think he really should have stayed retired,said it was going to be lights out game meaning vikes come out on top we know that didnt happen,packers all the way

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that. I just don't see how it's possible for someone to be a Green Bay fan, Cheered when the queens beat ya'll last year as well as laugh, and he ALSO says he's a saints fan. Come on now, there's got to be MORE people who have thoughts and opinions on this matter. Don't be afraid to hide your thoughts and opinions. The same guy who says that most of the Packer fans still LOVE Brett Favre -on the ground, has also said that Green Bay will retire his jersey. What are your thoughts on that as well?? Any and all thoughts, I would like to know.
The majority of human beings don't think it's possible to cheer for the leading QB of the opposing rival WHILE cheering for your team.

Some crazy cooks think it is. That's the whole problem. Just go to the Smack Area, there's a sticky thread about it. Read it and you'll see what we're talking about. But most Packer fans are tired of talking about it, because like 3rty1 said, it's beating a dead horse...

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is like a used car. He was great for the first owner but had 3 wheels in the grave and the Jets bought him. He got fixed up a bit and then got sold to the Vikings who bought the car thinking that the reputation of the car would carry over to them. They gave it a tune up, and the car drove nice for a while now the old problems that never got fixed are turning it into a jalopy.

Favre is overdue for the junkyard.

Any self respecting Packer fan will move on and root for the Packers. I personally think that Brett should have retired and as much as I liked him, now I hate him.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was ready for Favre to go away long before he did, which was a very unpopular opinion. Right after Favre won his first MVP, John Elway got a new contract, making Elway the NFL's highest paid player. Favre immediately demanded a new contract (through the media, no less) saying "If I'm the best player, I should get paid the most."

I knew then and there that the "aw shucks farmboy act" was just a clever disguise for the douchebaggery that we're now starting to hear about in bits and pieces. Many of his former teammates have alluded to Favre's douchebaggery, but have never gone on to dime him out. It will come, though. It will come.

OP
OP
B

bngwhodat81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So sick of Favre topics....

You and pretty much everybody else in the league is sick of hearing Brett this and Brett that. One player don't make up a team, which is what the Queens is putting out there. I don't care who he plays for, winning is a team effort. I'm sorry you all have had to deal with Brett and his issues.

Favre is like a used car. He was great for the first owner but had 3 wheels in the grave and the Jets bought him. He got fixed up a bit and then got sold to the Vikings who bought the car thinking that the reputation of the car would carry over to them. They gave it a tune up, and the car drove nice for a while now the old problems that never got fixed are turning it into a jalopy.

Favre is overdue for the junkyard.

Any self respecting Packer fan will move on and root for the Packers. I personally think that Brett should have retired and as much as I liked him, now I hate him.

In my opinion he would have been most respected as a Packer. Alot of people lost respect for his decision to go against his career team and play for the queens. Now he has his butt in trouble and facing suspension due to his stupidity. If my saints play favre again in the post season, I'd like to invite all of you for one hell of a retirement party. I am pretty confident that GB is going to come out to play to win. I'll be pulling for you all to put Brett on his back and/or having him walk off with a gimp. I'm under suspicion he may be using something to deal with all these pains, maybe some extra testosterone.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
No offense bngwhodat81, but :sFun_DeadHorse:

Farve, who dat, that viking QB?

That's what I think of him now. He's a Viking. I'll re-evaluate when he retires for good and we can put his Viking misadventures in context.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved watching what the Saints did to BrINT and the Viqueens in the NFCCG.
I knew it was over for the Queens when that ball was intercepted for overtime.
And that's the thing I was waiting for all season long. Somehow I knew that somewhere BrINT was going to blow it. And then the wait was finally over!

The Saints, Viqeens rematch, 1st NFL game of the year.
Saints win! Awesome!

I'll admit that I'll cheer for any team that plays against BrINT Fail and the Queens and be happy when they win, no matter how the game goes.

And I did cheer for your Saints to win the Super Bowl, and they did!

PacFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ran across this statement while on another forum. Sums it up best for me and I suspect a lot of Packer and now Minnesota fans:

(FAHrv'd), v. To bring one's team to the brink of victory through a brilliant maneuver, but to lose by committing a colossal unforced blunder.

My concerns with Favre started a long time ago. Many people forget that he was "hinting" about retirement years before it became a national topic. To me, that was a first indication that he wanted more attention than he deserved. The last straw was the NFC championship game against the Giants. I and my son flew up from FL to sit in the latest version of the ice bowl to watch a particularly ineffective Packers team put away the Giants despite many chances and playing on their own turf! We were on the 40 yard line when Favre unleashed that stupid pass to a covered Donald Driver and the whole selection let out a collective sigh knowing what was to come. It was time for him to go!

While watching the Saints/Vikings (I won't put the Vikes first in any statement) last year, I kept wondering, "When is it going to happen - when is he going to blow it?" I even thought that maybe he was going to another SB and he'd surely blow it then. And then "it" happened. The stupid pass across the chest and into the arms of the defender and I yelled, "There it is!"

I almost feel sorry for Viking fans. No I don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts