1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

There is some class left in sports

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    You don't see it often enough without some promotional payment or whatever... but this just oooozes class to me. Makes me proud that he is from Wisconsin. :thumbsup:

Butlers Nice Deed

Either it was a neat gesture that reflects well on him, his team and the National Basketball Association, or it was a precedent-setting incident that will challenge every parent who throws a birthday party for a child in the Washington, D.C. area.

We're sticking with neat gesture for the time being.

According to Dan Steinberg's Washington Post sports blog, Washington Wizards star forward Caron Butler agreed to be the guest of honor at the surprise birthday party for Anthony Fadel, who turned 16.

Butler is the former Racine Park star who splits his residence between Racine and Centreville, Va.

Anthony told his mom, Marie, how neat it would be to have Butler over to meet his friends and play basketball.

The family dropped off two invitations a week apart at Butler's home and the second time Butler said he might attend, but did not say anything more than that.

Anthony's May 12 birthday rolled around and his friends gathered in the basement of the family's home. Among those waiting for the birthday boy was Butler, who drove over in his black Range Rover.

The dozen or so celebrants watched the second half of Game 3 of the New Jersey Nets-Cleveland Cavaliers series. Butler gave Anthony a signed pair of shoes and a poster. He punched in a number on his cell phone and handed it to Anthony. Wizards teammate Gilbert Arenas was on the other end to wish Anthony a happy birthday.

"It was awesome," Anthony told Steinberg, referring to Butler's visit.

Yeah it was

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I read about this in the newspaper.
    I'm thinking of having my wife see if Brett can come over for my 50th birthday next month!!!
    (Wouldn't that be awesome!?!?!?)

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    INVITE ME IF BRETT IS THERE. LOL

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's always been my dream to get a photo with me and Brett. I doubt it will ever happen though. I DID get to meet him back in 1992 at the Packer's practice though. He was signing autographs for the fans, and he signed a football card for me. When i got up to him he said "Man, is this line EVER gonna end?" I said to him "I don't care, cause i made it up here!" He started laughing! I am looking at that card right now. I have it framed with a signed football card from Bart Starr that says "To Alan, best wishes Bart Starr" along with a photo taken of him and Favre back in 1997.