Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to get too excited about the defense, though, when that section starts with the Capers problem.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice article. I've been pleased with the individual talent on defense. With a new DC, I absolutely believe that it could be a good unit.

Adams has really made me a believer. He will need to stick around. It's the other WR and TE slots that need improvement. Jordy is valuable with Rodgers on the field due to their chemistry, but he's not the same guy. Cobb isn't worth a nearly $13M hit next year and should be restructured. I just don't know how you move on from either though, since there is literally nothing behind them, nor at TE.

Can anyone clue me in as to who are losing next year? Burnett would be a pretty big loss, and it's unlikely that Jones will be prepared to play at that level. It seems like we should be in good position otherwise, with a new DC. Especially if we are able to acquire a blue chip top 10 talent.

Reaction score
I’ll say this. The Defense has been generally been good against the run. Kenny Clark has been a blessing it’ll be good to have him back in tandem with Big Mike.
I also think Hundley is turning the corner and this live game experience has been HUGE in his growth and I believe he can be a pretty decent #2 if he refines his decisions and mitigates the damages he causes in key down and distance situations.
I’m still concerned that we have lost focus at filling the holes left at Corner and OLB. I’d also like to see another DT that can rotate in the Lineup without a dropoff in production.
The one thing I’m positive about is that our Defense needs to reinforce these positions anyway possible, draft, FA, trades, whatever it takes we’re running low on petro and the next gas station is 100 miles away and I sure don’t feel like walking

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very nice article. I've been pleased with the individual talent on defense. With a new DC, I absolutely believe that it could be a good unit.

Adams has really made me a believer. He will need to stick around. It's the other WR and TE slots that need improvement. Jordy is valuable with Rodgers on the field due to their chemistry, but he's not the same guy. Cobb isn't worth a nearly $13M hit next year and should be restructured. I just don't know how you move on from either though, since there is literally nothing behind them, nor at TE.

Can anyone clue me in as to who are losing next year? Burnett would be a pretty big loss, and it's unlikely that Jones will be prepared to play at that level. It seems like we should be in good position otherwise, with a new DC. Especially if we are able to acquire a blue chip top 10 talent.

Here you go - http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/green-bay-packers/

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Linsley, Adams, and Burnett head that list.....I'll throw Janis in there as a joke!

I'm finally in the "Fire Capers!" contingent, but that's because I believe that we actually have a talented defense. Our CBs are the weakest link but a good DC would easily be able to make a top15 defense out of the pieces we've got. I have no doubt that a Mike Zimmer type of coach would make the most out of this group. Capers has always seemed to be the type of coach that needs the right players to make his defense work. Otherwise it's just Legos in an Erector Set with his scheme.

Offensively we need an impact WR to really make this team a threat. We have plenty of guys that can make plays underneath but nobody that can scare the defense and stretch zones/beat man. I am still hoping that can be Allison or Trevor Davis, but they only have the speed and not the requisite skill.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll say this. The Defense has been generally been good against the run. Kenny Clark has been a blessing it’ll be good to have him back in tandem with Big Mike.
I also think Hundley is turning the corner and this live game experience has been HUGE in his growth and I believe he can be a pretty decent #2 if he refines his decisions and mitigates the damages he causes in key down and distance situations.
I’m still concerned that we have lost focus at filling the holes left at Corner and OLB. I’d also like to see another DT that can rotate in the Lineup without a dropoff in production.
The one thing I’m positive about is that our Defense needs to reinforce these positions anyway possible, draft, FA, trades, whatever it takes we’re running low on petro and the next gas station is 100 miles away and I sure don’t feel like walking

Kind of disagree with the “lost focus” on filling holes at OLB and CB. Thompson used 3 of his first 4 picks on DB and OLB and picked up a free agent CB. Then snatched up Brooks just before the season.

I suspect we’ll see another OLB AND DB drafted before the end of round 4 next April as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts