1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

There are only two stats that matter

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Zombieslayer, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the Packers-related forum, there was a lot of flack about stats and how in the game before last, we allowed 400+ passing yards. Well, here is proof that you can have all the stats in the world, but there are only two stats that really matter - turnovers, and points.

Did anyone watch the Oakland vs Pittsburg game? Well, Oakland did absolutely NOTHING offensively. They couldn't run. They couldn't pass. They got sacked six times. They got 98 total yards. Yes, that's not a typo. 98 total yards! Yet, they won. Why? Because they intercepted two of Big Ben's passes and returned them for TDs. They also intercepted two more of his passes, for four total.

Ben R (I'm not even going to attempt to spell his last name) passed for 300+ yards too, over three times more yards than the Raiders' running and passing COMBINED. Yet, they lost.

goes to show, the only thing that matters at the end of the day are points and turnovers. I don't mind if they throw 400+ yards against us every game for the rest of the season if we end up with three interceptions and more points than they have at the end of the game.

By the way, if you're reading this RaiderPride, I hope you're happy. Ever since moving out to the West Coast, I've developed a soft spot for the Raiders, as long as they're not playing the Pack. :thumbsup:

Plus I have to give the Silver and Black credit. Niner fans are fair weather. Raider fans will root for the Raiders no matter what happens. Hats off to their fans (not including the poseur gang banger idiots who give the Raider fans a bad name).

2. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved seeing the Raiders knock off those SB frauds.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that game was friggin HYSTERICAL!!! big ben musta got the talent knocked outta him in that crotch rocket crash!

man oh man - you think WE feel bad - imagine being a steelers fan?!?!? :D

4. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny how good teams have targets on their backs.

5. sweetvalleyhigh

sweetvalleyhigh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey hey - easy there big guy :chalflag: The Steelers beat themselves - for the 3rd time this season.

However, they DID beat Seattle in SB XL

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry edder - forgot about you & your love of the stillers!!

ahem, that was such a shame that they lost but i'm sure they'll make it back to the SB this year. (yeah, that's it!) ;)

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No biggie 4Pack. They've been sucking for sure. Mostly I was defending the Super Bowl comment.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    So when did that tv station come to talk to you and your sis?

10. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, we all saw "how" they pulled that off. :thumbsup:

11. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking if you actually come out and say what you mean this'll end up in the Smack area... What's that Avatar - some kind of "Bengal" hmm?

12. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    What's yours, some kind of fairy. BTW, I don't root for teams in the AFC(all *** conference).

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Take it easy 54....you've been in a p1ssy mood all day. What's the matter? Did you wake up and realize you're still a bear fan?

And I gotta agree with packinsteel....for a guy that references "gay" all the time you might wanna change that avatar. It looks like he has a lisp!