The year is wasted...go with Rogers

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not give the heir apparent the opportunity to get some valuable reps in otherwise a wasted season. We do not blame Brett for this year. The injuries would have wiped out all super bowl contenders. So, give our QB of the future a chance to mature. Let Bret chase the records next year...If he beats out Rogers that is....HMMMM. Ponder the though...

Green and Gold in KC!

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous. I just couldn't disagree with you more. There is no way you bench a healthy Brett Favre. He is not the only reason we lost. Stupid plays? Yes. But like Tromadz once said," You live by the Favre, you die by the Favre." He should play as long as he physically can. He is the best QB we will ever have.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before(elsewhere) but I'll say it again. MS has tunnelvision..he has no guts or imagination. He stays in his little comfort zone no matter what happens. Don't ever look to him to try something new. Won't happen.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle...I agree Brett is better and whatnot, BUT...

If you knew this was Brett's final year, and under the assumption that the season is lost (I'm not quite ready to admit that, but pretty darn close)...would you want to give Rodgers the experience?

I think that was the point GnG was getting at...and I might reluctantly agree with that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure you would Musscy...

For.... if you are willing to admit it or not..YOU..like SherRossley "hate" Brett Favre...

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. I think he can play two to three more years if we get healthy and build through the draft. Benching Brett would ensure that he either retires, or if he still wants to play, play somewhere else. I would never do that. Favre single-handedly kept the Pack in the last 3 games. It's a risk/reward situation. Favre is always worth the risk.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I'm sure you would Musscy...

For.... if you are willing to admit it or not..YOU..like SherRossley "hate" Brett Favre...

Where on Earth do you get this idea everyone is out to get Favre?? He messed up today... take it like a man and admit this...... Rodgers SHOULD get some time under the gun if he is there to eventually take over the Pack.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did I write that I hate Brett?!? Please go and find it, please, I challenge you to find that. I said Brett's performance today screwed over the Packers. I like Brett...he played phenomenally the last three games, but today was an absolute DUD! That's what I am and have been saying.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then don't cry like a pu$$y when someone suggests that Favre should get out from the SherRossley "Reign of Error" and play for another team...if he ever wants even a CHANCE of getting back to the big game again..

(and i didn't say everyone..just a few particular posters on this forum...)

You can't have both ways..pal..

(Unfortunately..you can't bench the coach...but you can fire his *** at the end of the season...)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what the heck are you talking about?!? I never said anything about him on another team?!?

and I can't have it both ways?!? OK, then explain how a lack of talent can be used as an excuse for Brett, but a source of blame for a head coach (not a gm because MS isn't a gm right now)?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bye bye Sherman...

9 more games to go...

(don't forget to Pack your bags...the countdown begins NOW!)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Bye bye Sherman...

9 more games to go...

(don't forget to Pack your bags...the countdown begins NOW!)

another thought provoking, in depth, and mature response that adequately addresses the question at hand...something I've come to expect from you

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66

This is not an inflamitory question, I want to seriously know if you think Favre is ever at fault for anything he does? Is any negative action felt by the team ever Favre's fault or is it always because of some chain of events that he had nothing to do with?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
P@ck66

This is not an inflamitory question, I want to seriously know if you think Favre is ever at fault for anything he does? Is any negative action felt by the team ever Favre's fault or is it always because of some chain of events that he had nothing to do with?

Ryan, you should know by now that Sherman is to blame for all of Brett's interceptions, not Favre!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want an honest answer. I agree with quite a bit P@ck66 says, but I want an honest answer if he thinks Favre is ever at fault for his decisions.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok..the question was raised that....

Do i think that Favre is ever at fault for any of his interceptions....

Well...yes and no...

Do i think that Brett Favre, the Packers future HOF QB, is so bad that on some days that he forgets how to play the game of football, and plays worse than the worst rookie on his first day in the NFL?

NO

Do I think that Brett Favre sometimes presses because he feels that the game is on the line (because it is..) and that if he doesn't press to make something happen the Packers will lose the game?

YES...

and to qualify that...Do I feel that if he had a better running game, better receivers and better coaches that this would not be happening?

YES..

I liken him somewhat to Archie MAnning who was on the Saints..back in the day...when win or lose...good game or bad...the game actually WAS on his shoulders...week in and week out...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks P@ck66 just wanted to make sure you weren't Brett in disguise. That's about the closest I have ever seen you to saying Favre might be at fault for a decision he makes on the field.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you don't go with Rogers. Favre has earned the right to be the starting QB. If we were in the race and he was playing badly and was causing us to lose, maybe then. Not now. Aaron will have his time.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan: Yes Brett should and must be keept accountable for his mistakes, but Sherman should and must also be.

Yes Brett makes mistakes when he pushes himself to win a game and that is his fault.

But he makes this mistakes triyng to win a game to take a risk to do something new, to get into a path that will end giving us the victory.

I would love to see Shermy making this kind of mistakes instead of his tunnelvision comfort zone attitude in which he gets frozen and we get our butt kicked.

I´d better be fired for tacking risks instead of beign fired for getting frozen and doing nothing.

Members online

Latest posts