1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Yankee brass is finally smartening up!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Nov 8, 2007.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Jan 22, 2007
    "Cabrera was the first really big name being dangled. He'll make more than $10 million next season, too expensive for the Marlins to retain. Having lost A-Rod, the Yankees need a third baseman but team executive Hank Steinbrenner was clear on what New York won't do.

"It's pretty obvious which players we're not going to trade," he said, before rattling off the team's most-prized young pitchers. "(Joba) Chamberlain, (Phil) Hughes and even (Ian) Kennedy. Not for a position player.""

In the past Chamberlain, Hughes and Kennedy would have been the first guys on the trading block with the Yankees making a move for some ridiculously old, past-his-prime former all-star. I know everyone here hates the Yankees, but you have no idea what this means to the fans. The people in charge are finally paying attention to our farm systems and our own young pitching talent. I hope we don't make ANY moves for Cabrera. I hope they take the TT approach and leave the free agent market alone this offseason.