The worst safeties in the league.....play for the Pack.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hands down. Constantly out of position and constantly late arriving.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder wat MM gonna say about pass D in his pres conference?

maybe sumfin along the lines of "miss communication" ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are bad. Personally I think Underwood can come in a provide a spark next year. Losing him in Training Camp might've been the biggest injury to this team all year long. If he was healthy we'd at least have him on the field instead of Manuel or I would assume.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much but Collins hamstring could be slowing him down. Maybe he shouldn't of played

not picking up the recievers he's supposed to isn't a hamstring injury, thats a head injury, and the 6 or whatever he scored on the wonderlic coming into play

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After we get a Rb in the first round next year we need to pick up a SS Collins is doing ok a FS so i think he shoud stay.
we need the best CB or SS avilable in the second round

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
After we get a Rb in the first round next year we need to pick up a SS Collins is doing ok a FS so i think he shoud stay.
we need the best CB or SS avilable in the second round

I rather sign a Safety than Draft one. Another rookie probably isn't going to help much.

Right now GB is in position to Draft AP or Calvin Johnson especially if the Texans win. Even Gaines Adams would look nice.

gbpackers0065

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA's: John Lynch
Ed Reed
Michael Lewis
Tony Parrish
Gibril Wilson
Mike Minter
Adrian Wilson
Ken Hamlin

Draft: Reggie Nelson
Tom Zbikowski
Laron Landry
Michael Griffin

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are both awful. Everyone knows about Manuel, but Collins has been just as bad and people are just now beginning to admit it. He came into the league with a lot of positive press, because supposedly the Ravens wanted to draft him in the second round. I can't help thinking that if they did draft him, he would've received much better coaching.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
They are both awful. Everyone knows about Manuel, but Collins has been just as bad and people are just now beginning to admit it. He came into the league with a lot of positive press, because supposedly the Ravens wanted to draft him in the second round. I can't help thinking that if they did draft him, he would've received much better coaching.

:agree:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA's: John Lynch
Ed Reed
Michael Lewis
Tony Parrish
Gibril Wilson
Mike Minter
Adrian Wilson
Ken Hamlin

Draft: Reggie Nelson
Tom Zbikowski
Laron Landry
Michael Griffin

Ed Reed signed a contract extension I wish we had a safety like him he is awesome!

Reaction score
The more and more I see this situation, the more and more I think Sander/Schott/Manuel are to blame.

In no specific order:
1. Manuel - He can't communicate worth a lick.
2. Schott - Terrible coach, can't help to find a way to make the S understand at least a bit of what to do.
3. Sanders - Bates realized one thing: Collins isn't the brightest guy when it comes to brains, and often put Collins in a situation which all he had to do was make a read or two, and react with Roman being the guy making most of the changes to cover Collins lack of knowledge and ability to retain/understand. Now Sanders expects him to react to complex defences, do things that are WAY out of his league in terms of mental ability. Sanders still hasn't realized Collins needs to be protected, have Manuel cover for Collins to a large degree in the mental lapses, and help the rookie by assigning him only 1-2 recievers to which he has to react.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I said it was a bad pick at the time, the kid has raw natural talent, and 1.5 seasons later it remains raw, a la ahmad carroll

hopefully the glut of safeties up for free agency drives down the price of big names...i would rather sign a safety than draft, i dont care much for having a learning curve, and waiting another 2-3 years before that area of the defense is shored up

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
Tom Zbikowski
i dont really like him

Not the greatest against the pass either. I rather see them sign someone more marquee. Manuel was kind of an unknown that has totally backfired. GB needs someone who can be a leader and show his presence.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins will improve with a competent safety back there with him. He also was playing hurt today - listed as doubtful and than questionable all week long.

Don't get me wrong he has been very disappointing this season, but he is suffering from having Manuel who has NO COVER skills back there with him.

Reaction score
Collins will improve with a competent safety back there with him. He also was playing hurt today - listed as doubtful and than questionable all week long.

Don't get me wrong he has been very disappointing this season, but he is suffering from having Manuel who has NO COVER skills back there with him.

I also think the coaching staff are asking too much of him; they are making the game too complicated for him.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I also think the coaching staff are asking too much of him; they are making the game too complicated for him.

You make a good point. A young raw safety like Collins needs to have a coaching staff that plays to his strengths and covers his vulnerabilities - like Bates did masterfully last season.

This season the coaching staff is trying to play with one safety with no cover skills and a young kid whose head is spinning trying to figure out what is going on.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
troy polamalu is a free agent in 2008. the steelers might not resign him because of his concussions.