1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

"The Wizard of Oz"

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jul 13, 2007.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The local theater a few miles from our place was showing the movie "The Wizard of Oz" all week. My wife and I actually went the last 2 nights to see it. It was REALLY fun to see such a classic on the movie screen instead of on a TV. It really was like taking a step back in time!
    The theater was owned by Marcus corp, but they dumped it because it's an old place (i think it was built in 1929). So the community bought it, and are playing old movies and second run shows. Spiderman 3 is at the end of the month. It's nice, because it's only $3 each. At last, a theater that doesn't cost you $30 for a couple to see a movie. It's not "fancy", but it was nice!

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    sounds like it wont be there very long

enjoy the heck out of it. go every week!

3. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, we have a cheap theater where I live. It's awesome, during the summer they bring in older movies and it only costs a couple of bucks. During the holidays they occasionally show It's A Wonderful Life and other classics.

I love the atmosphere of the theater but $9 for poor movie is why the industry is going down the tubes. It's not because of pirated movies, it's because of sub-standard quality.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    $3 not bad I remember The Wizard of Oz it's a great film.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thursday was the last night they were showing it. A large soda and large popcorn is $6.50 there. ALOT cheaper then the "fancy" theaters.
    Gopack........i know what you mean. $9.00 each to get in, then if you want popcorn and a soda you have dropped $30 to see a movie. Some films i think you have to see on the big screen to appreciate them. "War of the Worlds" or "Titanic" were ones that just arn't the same on a TV.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    sometimes you are better off waiting until it comes out on DVD. but if you really want to see a movie, might as well go.

7. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes, The Wizard of Oz...

The Scarecrow.....reminds me of Packer Fans! "If I only had a Brain"

:rotflmao:

8. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And I thought this thread would be about Ozzie Smith being on the All Star game pre-game show!!!

Cheesey,
    Would you know if the Budget Cinema in Greenfield is still open? Back in the early 90s, when I worked 3rd shift in Milwaukee, I would spend 2 or 3 afternoons every week (when Dairyland was not racing) watching movies there. Back then, it was $2 to get in --- $1.50 for nachos so you could get the whole afternoon's entertainment for around $5.00. Come to think of it -- that was a lot cheaper than Dairyland.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it may be.......but if it is, I'm sure it's more expensive now! Plus, if i had to drive there the gasoline alone would make up for any money I'd save on tickets!

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    And the Viking players "If I only had a Super Bowl ring!" :thumbsup:

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    For alot of movies, DVD is ok. But the ones like i mentioned, you don't get the feel on a small screen as seeing the action on a big screen.

12. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the town next to me (Howell, MI) did that. redid the old theatre and now plays movies that are older or no longer playing on the other theatres. like 3 bucks. I haven't been there, but my mom goes all the time. says it's nice.

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When I lived in Phoenix, there was a theater similar to that. Every two weeks they'd show a different classic. I remember them showing Citizen Kane, The Shining, The Wall. Unfortunately it shut down. I believe they charged the same price as new movies though.

14. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cmon cheesey, geez you can do better than that......

course, now that you are 50, the quick retorts might be slipping, eh! :razz:

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It ain't my retorts that are slipping!!!
    Old age is like a bad pair of underware......it kinda creeps up on you!!!

16. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What the hell is underware?

Is that like Tupperware?

Oh, you mean underwear!

Yep, ya hit 50 and ya start to lose it! :rotflmao:

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3