1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Wisconsin Girl who died from Praying.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackOne, Mar 27, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    If any of you have watched CNN at all in the last 24 hours, a little girl died in Weston/Wausau, Wisconsin because her parents refused to take her to the doctor, electing to pray instead while she wasted away and died.

All she had was treatable diabetes. She lived a couple of blocks from my parents in the town where I grew up.

May she rest in peace.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thats too bad. :( Unfortunately theres a lot of whack jobs out there like her parents. :evil:

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    God also gves us common sense......He gives it, but some are too dumb to use it.
    Theres nothing wrong with praying, but if medical help is there that can help, it should be used.
    I hope they prosecute these "parents" for child neglect at LEAST.
    But they will use the "freedom of religion" to hide behind i'm sure........too bad it was at a child's expense.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Its all part of god's plan.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah....that must be it.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I haven't seen what "religion" these people were. (I'm not trying to start a religous thread, i just want to know)
    Not everyone that calls themselves "Christian" really are. To me, it's a very over used term.

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The dead girls, mothers blog, and home page.

http://www.americaslastdays.com/?page=theyshall-leilani

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Packone

9. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would be curious if the parents are being held on any charges. Seems child neglegence or something is in play here, but then again it will likely turn into a debate on separation of church & state.
    I thought that there was a law stating you HAVE to seek medical help for someone...like if you are on a basketball court and someone has a heart attack, you cant just move him off the court and keep shooting hoops. Someone HAS to burn a time out to go call 911... :roll:

All joking aside, it is an unfortunate event. I cannot imagine how it feels to lose a child, or be put in a similar situation. It would be interesting to me to find out what happens to the parents.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    According to what i have heard, they can't prosecute.
    "Religious freedom" is protecting them.

11. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    They may very well be pressing charges soon.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    God can and does do miraculous healings. I know a man who had a lung tumor dissappear, right before they were going to do surgery on him.

But God also gives us people with medical knowledge to help us. People like these give "Christians" a bad name.
    This sad story reminds me of the old joke, where a flood is coming, and as it rises higher and higher the man turns down a rescue SUV, a rescue boat, and a rescue helicopter, all the while saying "I'll be ok, God will take care of me"
    Of course the man drowns, and stands before God and asks "I trusted you to save me, and you let me drown!" God answers him "What more did you want? I sent an SUV, boat, and helicopter for you!!!"
    God sent doctors that COULD have helped this poor child, and the parents denied her the chance at a long life here, because of their ignorance.
    If they want to do this to their own bodies, thats ok with me. But to deny a helpless child BASIC medical care just floors me.
    Once again, just my own feelings on this matter.

13. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jesus freaks... screwing life up... I'm sorry but I have no time for people like this whos "religion" strays them from reality

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats what i mean........i myself have a strong belief/faith in God. People like these people just give others one more reason NOT to believe in God.

But to use idiot people as a reason not to believe in God to me isn't right either. I KNOW that HE thinks they are idiots too.
    God is perfect...........man , both believers in God and those that don't, are not even close to perfect. (I know i'm sure not)

15. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    These types of people turn religion into a mental disorder.

16. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't agree with you more, Cheesy. People like those give us sensible Christians a bad name.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup Elle.......some people think that because there are nuts like that out there, that all professing Christians are like that. Which i'm SURE there are millions of Christians that think these people are off their rocker too.
    I mean, if the child had a terminal disease, and everything medically possible had been done to try to help her, then you couldn't blame the parents. I would have put prayer WITH the medical treatment.