The Who SB Halftime Show

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever said that MTV screwed the pooch is dead on. It will take another decade before the NFL takes a risk. That being said the NFL also apeases rich men in their 50's that dump millions of advertising into their coffers. I'm 49 and I think the Who is in the tank. I'd take 3 of the bands on your list. Can't stomach Corn or Metallica. BTW Metallica are NOT spring chickens. Can I get any love for Drop Kick Murphys ?

No, Metallica isn't a young band, but they still put out multi-platinum albums and tour and are still relevant today. I think they'd put on a kick *** show.

As for Drop Kick Murphys, hell yeah! How about Pennywise, though with Jim Lindbergh back as the singer rather than the guy from Ignite? Bad Religion, Authority Zero... Maybe even a little Face to Face? Hell, even Rise Against would tear it up!

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attend a live show and then tell me there's a better live act in the music industry. They're at a completely different level than anything else going today - which, obviously isn't saying too much, though. :)

Wanted - Blaze of Glory - It's My Life - Livin' - it's what dreams are made o****QUOTE]

I dont like them so would never listen to them live, There songs are decent but so was 90's music which would be ace at a Superbowl LOL

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attend a live show and then tell me there's a better live act in the music industry. They're at a completely different level than anything else going today - which, obviously isn't saying too much, though. :)

Wanted - Blaze of Glory - It's My Life - Livin' - it's what dreams are made o****QUOTE]

I dont like them so would never listen to them live, There songs are decent but so was 90's music which would be ace at a Superbowl LOL

90's music like what? Right Said Fred or Ace of Base???

Ugh! :)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who else I'd put up there- Pearl Jam. Big enough band that's still tearing **** up today. Popular with the younger crowd and those with the money to actually attend a superbowl.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who else I'd put up there- Pearl Jam. Big enough band that's still tearing **** up today. Popular with the younger crowd and those with the money to actually attend a superbowl.

That's the worst ****ing band off all time. How can anybody stand those freaks? Horrible melodies and a lead singer that sounds like he's crying every time he sings. It's music for whiny, bleeding-heart liberals.

Another band that is overrated? U2. They haven't put out a song worth a **** since Desire.

:happy0005:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the worst ****ing band off all time. How can anybody stand those freaks? Horrible melodies and a lead singer that sounds like he's crying every time he sings. It's music for whiny, bleeding-heart liberals.

Another band that is overrated? U2. They haven't put out a song worth a **** since Desire.

:happy0005:

Geez Haus, you're tougher on musicians than you are on TT! *****!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like The Who :)

If I was choosing a half time show, then Metallica or Iron Maiden would get my vote every time. Wouldn't mind seeing Paul McCartney doing it again though :)

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that when the NFL wanted Michael Jackson to do the halftime show, someone had to explain to him what the NFL was and what the Super Bowl was. That's the sort of bubble he lived in.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that when the NFL wanted Michael Jackson to do the halftime show, someone had to explain to him what the NFL was and what the Super Bowl was. That's the sort of bubble he lived in.

Not neccessarily. I'm sure there are big sporting events in the US that I've never heard of. Not because I live in a bubble, but probably because I'm not interested in it. I never could see MJ as a big football fan lol

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are articles written right after Wacko passed away claiming that his SB show was the best one. Ever.
Michael Jackson: The Super Bowl Legacy | Bleacher Report

The SB 1/2 time show happens in the middle of a game.
The performers always do little snippets of some of their hits. And there's always rumors that they may have lip synched.
So I'm always like "Yeah, whatever."
Then the show ends, the game goes on and by the time the SB is over I'm like "Was there a 1/2 time show?"

It's never anything really mind blowing to me. If it was going to be then I'd have to see a standard concert. Plus it's a different experience to watch in person vs TV. Your not there so it's a different energy.
I think we could do without a 1/2 time show or go back to tradition and bring in a marching band.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Metallica isn't a young band, but they still put out multi-platinum albums and tour and are still relevant today. I think they'd put on a kick *** show.

As for Drop Kick Murphys, hell yeah! How about Pennywise, though with Jim Lindbergh back as the singer rather than the guy from Ignite? Bad Religion, Authority Zero... Maybe even a little Face to Face? Hell, even Rise Against would tear it up!

Let's package them with 3 days Grace and Nickleback. Drop Kick Murphys might lead to hooliginism and make Goodell wet himself. That's one wild concert.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You guys do realize that the Super Bowl halftime has to have a band that appeals to all tastes, right? Dropkick Murphys doesn't appeal to everyone, even though I like them.

Frankly, I wouldn't be totally shocked if we do see Taylor Swift in the future. I'll be angry but a lot of people like her for some reason (that reason certainly isn't talent, because she has none).

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys do realize that the Super Bowl halftime has to have a band that appeals to all tastes, right? Dropkick Murphys doesn't appeal to everyone, even though I like them.
The Murphy's did sell out and lets one of it's songs be used in a Visa ad which features the Pats. So it is kinda surprising in this day and age of corporate tie ins with sports they didn't have them perform a 1/2 time show. Sponsored by Visa.
I do agree that the show does have to appeal to a wide audience.
Which is why they have who they have and not Metallica. (I've never listened to them because I'm not a fan of heavy metal.)
Miley Cyrus will do it some day if she remains popular. :flirt:

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for sum reason the past few years have been the AARP club at the halftime show. Not that i dont like bands like Tom Petty, the Stones, and now the Who but if its appealing to everyone....why cant we just watch Timbalake expose Janets breasts again. Now that was good clean family fun that we could all enjoy.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I really like The Who. But if it was up to me it would probably be Judas Priest. Obviously that won't happen though.

Ahhh Judas Priest. That would be TOO awesome!! But don't give up hope!! Judas Priest happens to meet the criteria used for the halftime performers of recent years :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for sum reason the past few years have been the AARP club at the halftime show.
The AARP club.....
LOL
That's funny. Good one.

why cant we just watch Timbalake expose Janets breasts again. Now that was good clean family fun that we could all enjoy.
I didn't see it when it actually happened but I did see the footage on YouTube.
And I was like "What's the big deal!?" It was only for a split of a split of a split second. It's really hard to see anything.
And "wardrobe malfunction" my ***! It was done on purpose.

Members online

Latest posts