1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Who SB Halftime Show

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Jan 13, 2010.

1. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    No, Metallica isn't a young band, but they still put out multi-platinum albums and tour and are still relevant today. I think they'd put on a kick *** show.

As for Drop Kick Murphys, hell yeah! How about Pennywise, though with Jim Lindbergh back as the singer rather than the guy from Ignite? Bad Religion, Authority Zero... Maybe even a little Face to Face? Hell, even Rise Against would tear it up!

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110

3. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    You know who else I'd put up there- Pearl Jam. Big enough band that's still tearing **** up today. Popular with the younger crowd and those with the money to actually attend a superbowl.

5. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    That's the worst ******* band off all time. How can anybody stand those freaks? Horrible melodies and a lead singer that sounds like he's crying every time he sings. It's music for whiny, bleeding-heart liberals.

Another band that is overrated? U2. They haven't put out a song worth a **** since Desire.

:happy0005:

6. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Geez Haus, you're tougher on musicians than you are on TT! LMFAO!

7. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Damn - I thought I'd get more people to bite! :(

8. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I like The Who :)

If I was choosing a half time show, then Metallica or Iron Maiden would get my vote every time. Wouldn't mind seeing Paul McCartney doing it again though :)

9. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I heard that when the NFL wanted Michael Jackson to do the halftime show, someone had to explain to him what the NFL was and what the Super Bowl was. That's the sort of bubble he lived in.

10. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Not neccessarily. I'm sure there are big sporting events in the US that I've never heard of. Not because I live in a bubble, but probably because I'm not interested in it. I never could see MJ as a big football fan lol

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
  12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    There are articles written right after Wacko passed away claiming that his SB show was the best one. Ever.
    Michael Jackson: The Super Bowl Legacy | Bleacher Report

The SB 1/2 time show happens in the middle of a game.
    The performers always do little snippets of some of their hits. And there's always rumors that they may have lip synched.
    So I'm always like "Yeah, whatever."
    Then the show ends, the game goes on and by the time the SB is over I'm like "Was there a 1/2 time show?"

It's never anything really mind blowing to me. If it was going to be then I'd have to see a standard concert. Plus it's a different experience to watch in person vs TV. Your not there so it's a different energy.
    I think we could do without a 1/2 time show or go back to tradition and bring in a marching band.

13. dewitt60

dewitt60 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Let's package them with 3 days Grace and Nickleback. Drop Kick Murphys might lead to hooliginism and make Goodell wet himself. That's one wild concert.

14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    You guys do realize that the Super Bowl halftime has to have a band that appeals to all tastes, right? Dropkick Murphys doesn't appeal to everyone, even though I like them.

Frankly, I wouldn't be totally shocked if we do see Taylor Swift in the future. I'll be angry but a lot of people like her for some reason (that reason certainly isn't talent, because she has none).

15. The PowerOfCheese

The PowerOfCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Personally, I really like The Who. But if it was up to me it would probably be Judas Priest. Obviously that won't happen though.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    The Murphy's did sell out and lets one of it's songs be used in a Visa ad which features the Pats. So it is kinda surprising in this day and age of corporate tie ins with sports they didn't have them perform a 1/2 time show. Sponsored by Visa.
    I do agree that the show does have to appeal to a wide audience.
    Which is why they have who they have and not Metallica. (I've never listened to them because I'm not a fan of heavy metal.)
    Miley Cyrus will do it some day if she remains popular. :flirt:

17. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    for sum reason the past few years have been the AARP club at the halftime show. Not that i dont like bands like Tom Petty, the Stones, and now the Who but if its appealing to everyone....why cant we just watch Timbalake expose Janets breasts again. Now that was good clean family fun that we could all enjoy.

18. don_frosto

don_frosto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Ahhh Judas Priest. That would be TOO awesome!! But don't give up hope!! Judas Priest happens to meet the criteria used for the halftime performers of recent years :)

19. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    hahaha soo tru

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    The AARP club.....
    LOL
    That's funny. Good one.

I didn't see it when it actually happened but I did see the footage on YouTube.
    And I was like "What's the big deal!?" It was only for a split of a split of a split second. It's really hard to see anything.
    And "wardrobe malfunction" my ***! It was done on purpose.

21. The PowerOfCheese

Ratings:
    +8
    good call!

22. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Somehow gay men in leather performing at a "football" game just isn't a real smart business move. :)

23. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    This is going to be one boring *** halftime show that im sure to miss while im killing beers on the beer bong! :)

24. The PowerOfCheese

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey now. Those gay men can rock! But upon finding out that he was gay I was very disappointed. Made me wonder what "Breaking the Law" was really about. :shok:

25. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Don't forget 'Hellbent for Leather' too :p