1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The war in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Lynch, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]I think this war in Iraq unnecessary, people die and my friends never know if their relatives are alive. there are many refugees from Iraq in my country and specially in my city, were the 45% of the population are foreigners mostly from the arabic countries, and they can´t return because of the risk to get killed by their own people or soldiers. They are all happy that Hussein is dead but they would rather see him in prison for the rest of his life cuz now to many terrosrist is he a marture. It´s not that they aren´t thankful that they got rid of Hussein it´s just that they don´t want to be occupied by another country and being forced to use a new political system that they have no idea how it works.

I myself wouldn´t like to have someöne bombing my town into bits and saying that they are rescueing me and I´m sure you in the US don´t want that either, because the people in those country you think tyou need to rescue think the same about your country,that your country is supressing it´s people. It´s one thing to help a country or an continent when needed like in WWII but it´s diffrent in this war and all of this centuries wars. It doen´t matter which side the US army are, the citizens will still be killed by them.

What would you say if you live in country which is rough to live in and have a horrible leader, and then a country came and occupied you country. They manage to kill that leader but in the process did they kill you kill your family and friends, would you thank that country then? Does it really matter anymore who´s the leader when everybody know is dead?[/align]

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO Bush is a good leader, Presidents all make mistakes just like you and I, and I am sure there is so much behind the scenes that we as American people dont realize. We dont know everything that is being said behind closed doors. I dont think Bush or any President would put our people in harms way if there wasnt a good reason in doing so.

We had innocent people die for no reason on that bleek day 9/11.

But my heart does go out to all the people who have fought for our country that passed away, they are the true heros in all of this.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Isn't this why the FREEDOM thread was mistakenly locked? These kind of comments should have been removed, rather than lock.

4. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Of course it´s horrible what happened during 9/11. But why does the Iraqi people have to suffer becase of that? What´s done is done the Us have attacked Iraq to no use so why not leave?[/align]

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We generally tend to avoid political discussions in this forum, simply because they can get REALLY heated, and can have members dividing into two or more groups, which can create unnecessary animosity.

Sorry Lynch, the site Admin has strictly said this forum should avoid politics. :locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.