1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Wood Chipper, Nov 26, 2011.

1. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    For those wondering I believe every issue of the comic is available on youtube, that's where I "read" the latest issues anyway.

Ending was very different than the comic in regard to them staying at the prison. There's going to be a challenge in October not getting to much into the "this is life in the prison" doldrums.

Carl is, IMHO, turning into a miniature version of "The Comedian" from the Watchmen. In that he's ruthless, but does it b/c he sees the world for what it really is. He shot the guy because they couldn't take the chance.

In the comic (comic spoiler ahead) one guy is out with Rick as they're making the run back to his hometown (I believe it's where they meet Morgan again), and he tells him about how, in the beginning of it all, he was holed up at a grocery store with some neighbors. He has his two daughters with him as his wife was dead. They decided to go on a mission and he told the girls to be safe and he'd be back soon. He came back to found out his neighbors, people he'd lived around for years, raped his daughters. He wound up killing them all.

When the ZA comes, the world changes for the worse. There will always be good people, but the only ones to hold the bad people in check will be those willing to become just as ruthless as the bad people to defend their own. That's Carl.

Of course the lesson Carl STILL needs to realize is he is now, for all intents and purposes, a knight, and his job is to protect those who cannot protect themselves, (i.e. the civilians at Woodbury). None of them are a threat, (that we know of), they're just people in need of protection. That's Rick too in a way, the wearer of the "white hat."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    The biggest surprise for me reading through the comics and novels was (SPOILER AHEAD) the governor's true identity. I wonder if the show will ever get around to explaining the topic.

3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,873
    So who IS the governor ???

4. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I would advise you to find out yourself. The best I can say is he could be called (SPOILER) what would be known as an identity thief.

5. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,873
    :tup: okay, but if I have a nervous breakdown it`s your fault.....lol

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    im a walking Dead finatic! i recommend reading the comics and The Book called Rise of the Govonor., tells you how he came to be. Good stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
  8. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,873