The Vikings Win vs SD explained.. LOL..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
According to PFT.com.. one of said players was Merriman.. No wonder AP had a record day... LOL... :razz:

* Maybe there should be a asterisk by AP single game record, opposition was hungover.. LOL. :lol:

linky

Chargers dismiss head of security

November 11, 2007
It likely had nothing to do with the loss, but it doesn't look good for a team mired in an underwhelming season.

Two nights before what turned out to be one of the team's worst performances in recent years, some Chargers players stayed out past curfew last Friday in Minneapolis.

At least partially due to that breach, director of security Mike Cash, only on the job since May, was fired.

“You can't lay it all on this,” one high-ranking source said of Cash's dismissal. “It just didn't fit, unfortunately.”

One source said the offending players “tried to get one over on the new guy,” referring to Cash. The Chargers' security force guards the players' floor at the team's hotel and is partially responsible for making sure players are in on time. There is also a bed check.

It is not known how many players defied curfew. “It wasn't many,” one source said. The offending players – “a few” in number – were fined, according to sources.

Certainly, some on the outside will insist this is a reflection of a lack of discipline under first-year coach Norv Turner. But several sources said players missing curfew has been an issue on multiple occasions in recent years. And Turner reinstated the team staying at a hotel the night before home games in part to keep a tight control on players.

Turner would not comment yesterday.

The decision to fire Cash was made by General Manager A.J. Smith, as Cash reports to the football operations side of the team. Smith declined to discuss players missing the midnight curfew or details of Cash's dismissal.

“Someone is no longer with us,” Smith said. “There are lots of reasons why people join the Chargers and lots of reasons why they're no longer with us.”

**** Lewis, who served as the Chargers' director of security for 18 seasons before moving into a new post this year, will take over for Cash.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts