The upcoming draft

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that there aren’t a whole lot of first round guys. There are tons of second and third round guys, but not many traditional first round talents. Todd McShay thinks there are only 15 first round guys this year; I think there are a few more, but I’m not an expert. If McShay is right, there will be 17 guys who lack first round talent picked in the first round. Someone has to draft them. For that reason, I think there will be tons of trades this year, and this is the most unpredictable draft in recent memory. I think Dawson, McKinney, Kendricks, and Perryman are all second round talents, but I expect a few of them to be taken in the first round because they fill needs and are BPA. This will be an intriguing draft and TT might even need to try some new strategies.

This maybe a good year to trade back and accumulate more picks in rounds 2 - 3.

D

Deleted member 6794

The interesting thing is that there aren’t a whole lot of first round guys. There are tons of second and third round guys, but not many traditional first round talents. Todd McShay thinks there are only 15 first round guys this year; I think there are a few more, but I’m not an expert. If McShay is right, there will be 17 guys who lack first round talent picked in the first round. Someone has to draft them. For that reason, I think there will be tons of trades this year, and this is the most unpredictable draft in recent memory. I think Dawson, McKinney, Kendricks, and Perryman are all second round talents, but I expect a few of them to be taken in the first round because they fill needs and are BPA. This will be an intriguing draft and TT might even need to try some new strategies.

This maybe a good year to trade back and accumulate more picks in rounds 2 - 3.

If it's true that there are only 15 first round prospects available in this year's draft (which I don´t agree with) it might sound appealing to the Packers to trade back and accumulate additional picks.

But you have to wonder why other teams should trade back into the first round to pick second round talent.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet there will be a team or three wanting to trade back up into the first round for a QB or maybe a CB or something. Teams that have needs and are looking to fill them.

Bryce Petty would be a prime late 1st round pick candidate for someone. So will Marcus Peters if hes still there.

We could trade back into the early 2nd round and still get our ILB while picking up a couple of extra mid round picks.

D

Deleted member 6794

I bet there will be a team or three wanting to trade back up into the first round for a QB or maybe a CB or something. Teams that have needs and are looking to fill them.

Bryce Petty would be a prime late 1st round pick candidate for someone. So will Marcus Peters if hes still there.

We could trade back into the early 2nd round and still get our ILB while picking up a couple of extra mid round picks.

No team will trade back into the first round to select Bryce Petty, he´s not even close to being a first round talent. In a perfect world we would find a team to trade with, get some extra picks and still pick the player Thompson wanted to pick all along. Mostly it doesn´t work out that way though.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a lot of rumblings that Bryce Petty has the best overall arm in this draft. He can make all the throws and doesn't come with any baggage unlike Famous Jameis. Petty had an excellent combine.

I think someone takes him in the late 1st.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's a lot of rumblings that Bryce Petty has the best overall arm in this draft. He can make all the throws and doesn't come with any baggage unlike Famous Jameis. Petty had an excellent combine.

Petty struggles mightily if he´s forced to come off his first read. He has to learn to read defenses and get through his progressions in the NFL. He will need at least a year or two on the bench to make enough improvements to be able to start in the league, teams aren´t looking for that in a first round pick.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You have to pay him a quarter now. Didn't he trademark that phrase "Famous Jameis"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope his family buys a lot of of his shirts with his slogan, because he'll probably blow thru his initial guaranteed contract and be out of the NFL by the 2nd.

H

HardRightEdge

Petty struggles mightily if he´s forced to come off his first read. He has to learn to read defenses and get through his progressions in the NFL. He will need at least a year or two on the bench to make enough improvements to be able to start in the league, teams aren´t looking for that in a first round pick.
He was one of the Senior Bowl QBs, all of whom looked pretty dismal. Single-read spread offenses and option systems have had little success producing NFL QBs the last decade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts