The Turk makes his annual appearance -- cutdown weekend

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2015 Draft : Just Rollins & Monty left (for now)

1. Damarious Randall, CB, Arizona State

2. Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

3. Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford

4. Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan

5. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA

6a. Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma

6b. Christian Ringo, DL, Louisiana-Lafayette

6c. Kennard Backman, TE, Alabama-Birmingham

Let us speak of the greatness of Ted Thompson

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
2015 Draft : Just Rollins & Monty left (for now)

1. Damarious Randall, CB, Arizona State

2. Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

3. Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford

4. Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan

5. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA

6a. Aaron Ripkowski, FB, Oklahoma

6b. Christian Ringo, DL, Louisiana-Lafayette

6c. Kennard Backman, TE, Alabama-Birmingham

I wouldn't cross out Jake Ryan just yet, but I get your point...a not so stellar draft! Now there will be some who will try to say the draft wasn't that bad and say the following:
  • Kennard Backman: was a significant contributor in the NFL.....for the Seahawks (NFCCG enough said) EDIT: Sorry...my brother pointed out to me is was Bostick.
  • Rip: had a year or 2 of decent productions, not bad for a 6th rounder.
  • Hundley: Due to his poor play, he netted us a higher first round pick in this years draft, which Gute pulled some fast magic with. As well as getting a 6th round pick when he was traded, so we could circle around and get a guy like Rip with that one.
  • Delirious Randall: We got Kizer for him and DR had some bright moments on the field and in the locker room as a Packer.
Yes, Spellcheck did that to Randall's first name, but I kind of like the sound of it, so I left it.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause GERRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO doesn't work one damn bit

Takes too long. Needs to be one syllable.

kinda like this

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't cross out Jake Ryan just yet, but I get your point...a not so stellar draft! Now there will be some who will try to say the draft wasn't that bad and say the following:
  • Kennard Backman: was a significant contributor in the NFL.....for the Seahawks (NFCCG enough said)
  • Rip: had a year or 2 of decent productions, not bad for a 6th rounder.
  • Hundley: Due to his poor play, he netted us a higher first round pick in this years draft, which Gute pulled some fast magic with. As well as getting a 6th round pick when he was traded, so we could circle around and get a guy like Rip with that one.
  • Delirious Randall: We got Kizer for him and DR had some bright moments on the field and in the locker room as a Packer.
Yes, Spellcheck did that to Randall's first name, but I kind of like the sound of it, so I left it.

What did Backman do in the NFCCG? You thinking of Bostick?

I like the Randall part.

Wasn't this the same year we also drafted Question Rollins?

Delirious Randall and Question Rollins. I like it. Well I don't really like it but it is funny. Though not really funny as much as sad. I guess I hate it... but I like it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Quinten Rollins will be placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are correct Grasshopper....Backman...Bostick...Bradley, Biegel, Bradford.....I'm getting them all confused now! :eek:

I know, you were just testing me. Good thing I smart and pasted the test.

Looks a bit like the Dolphins Killer Bs there.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing rumors that Murphy and Rollins are going to IR, and despite a not so great performance in weeks 1 and 2 sitting week 3 and a horrible performance in week 4, Green Bay is keeping 3 QBs and Boyle is safe.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As of now this is what is being reported as the guys who made the cut,

QUARTERBACKS (3): Aaron Rodgers, Deshone Kizer, Tim Boyle

RUNNING BACKS (2*): Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery

*Aaron Jones does not count towards the roster do to his 2-game suspension to start the season.

RECEIVERS (8): Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Geronimo Allison, J’Mon Moore, Trevor Davis, Equanimeous St. Brown, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jake Kumerow

TIGHT ENDS (4): Jimmy Graham, Mercedes Lewis, Lance Kendricks, Robert Tonyan

OFFENSIVE LINE (9*): Corey Linsley, Lane Taylor, Justin McCray, Lucas Patrick, David Bakhtiari, Byron Bell, Bryan Bulaga, Alex Light, Jason Spriggs

*Kyle Murphy was placed on injured reserve according to Michael Cohen of the Athletic.

DEFENSIVE LINE (5): Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Muhammad Wilkerson, Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry

INSIDE LINEBACKERS (4): Blake Martinez, Oren Burks, Antonio Morrison, James Crawford

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS (4): Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Reggie Gilbert, Kyler Fackrell

CORNERBACKS (6*): Tramon Williams, Kevin King, Davon House, Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, Herb Waters

*Tom Silverstein from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting CB Quinten Rollins (hamstring) will be placed on injured reserve.

SAFTIES (5): Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice, Josh Jones, Jermaine Whitehead, Raven Greene

SPECIAL TEAMS (3): K Mason Crosby, P J.K. Scott, LS Hunter Bradley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Position-by-position breakdown:

QB (3): 12 Aaron Rodgers, 9 DeShone Kizer, 8 Tim Boyle

RB (2): 30 Jamaal Williams, 88 Ty Montgomery

Released: 22 Aaron Ripkowski, 40 Joe Kerridge, 46 LeShun Daniels, 34 Joel Bouagnon, 36 Bronson Hill

Reserve/suspended: 33 Aaron Jones

Injured reserve: 32 Devante Mays

WR (8): 17 Davante Adams, 18 Randall Cobb, 81 Geronimo Allison, 11 Trevor Davis, 82 J’Mon Moore, 83 Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 19 Equanimeous St. Brown, 16 Jake Kumerow

Released: 10 DeAngelo Yancey, 13 Adonis Jennings, 1 Kyle Lewis

TE (4): 80 Jimmy Graham, 84 Lance Kendricks, 89 Marcedes Lewis, 85 Robert Tonyan

Released: 86 Emanuel Byrd, 49 Kevin Rader, 48 Ryan Smith

OL (9): 69 David Bakhtiari, 75 Bryan Bulaga, 65 Lane Taylor, 63 Corey Linsley, 64 Justin McCray, 74 Byron Bell, 78 Jason Spriggs, 62 Lucas Patrick, 70 Alex Light

Released: 55 Dillon Day, 77 Adam Pankey, 79 Kofi Amichia, 60 Austin Davis

Injured reserve: 68 Kyle Murphy

DL (5): 76 Mike Daniels, 96 Muhammad Wilkerson, 97 Kenny Clark, 94 Dean Lowry, 90 Montravius Adams

Released: 99 James Looney, 73 Joey Mbu, 95 Tyler Lancaster, 67 Conor Sheehy

LB (8): 52 Clay Matthews, 53 Nick Perry, 50 Blake Martinez, 42 Oren Burks, 93 Reggie Gilbert, 51 Kyler Fackrell, 48 Antonio Morrison, 54 James Crawford

Released: 45 Vince Biegel, 91 Kendall Donnerson, 98 Chris Odom, 58 Greer Martini, 56 Ahmad Thomas, 49 James Hearns, 46 Naashon Hughes, 59 Marcus Porter

CB (6): 38 Tramon Williams, 20 Kevin King, 31 Davon House, 23 Jaire Alexander, 37 Josh Jackson, 26 Herb Waters

Released: 39 Demetri Goodson, 28 Josh Hawkins, 44 Donatello Brown

Injured reserve: 24 Quinten Rollins

S (5): 21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 29 Kentrell Brice, 27 Josh Jones, 35 Jermaine Whitehead, 36 Raven Greene

Released: 25 Marwin Evans

Spec (3): 2 Mason Crosby, 6 JK Scott, 43 Hunter Bradley

Released: 57 Zach Triner

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, you were just testing me. Good thing I smart and pasted the test.

Looks a bit like the Dolphins Killer Bs there.
Wow, quite a blast from the past. Nicely done. As a west coaster it is not always easy to get Packer news, so thanks to everyone for posting here so I can stay somewhat current with the roster news. Much appreciated!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Noticed many of the vet cuts were TTs 4-7th round projections. Tired of developing them?
Much like Polaroid film, they were given enough time and never developed. I think a few of them, if they clear waivers, will end up on the PS.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man.. James Crawford over Thomas and Biegel.. Woah not expecting that.. Crawford, Greene, Waters and Light could just be there temporarily till they snatch someone up

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man.. James Crawford over Thomas and Biegel.. Woah not expecting that.. Crawford, Greene, Waters and Light could just be there temporarily till they snatch someone up

Most likely.

Plus we have to cut somebody when Jones comes back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I would call them "temporary place markers" at this time. None of them should be advised by their agents to buy a home in Green Bay just yet.

Injuries in the next game or two could solidify their spots, if they haven't been already replaced before next Sunday, which I kind of expect they might.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run Forest... Ruunnnnnn!

Not sure why that felt appropriate? I apologized for interjecting

Hey, we let everybody play here. Momma says life is like a box of chocolates. Unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate so all I get from life is a one huge case of the runs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, quite a blast from the past. Nicely done. As a west coaster it is not always easy to get Packer news, so thanks to everyone for posting here so I can stay somewhat current with the roster news. Much appreciated!

I thought I better throw the Dolphins in there or everyone would think I was talking about B Brian Blair and "Jumpin" Jim Brunzell

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis obviously. Considering we were already shopping him.

If anyone was interested they probably figured we would cut him and they could pick him up for free. Gute called their bluff now they will have to wait The question is will they wait or will they offer a trade now.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone was interested they probably figured we would cut him and they could pick him up for free. Gute called their bluff now they will have to wait The question is will they wait or will they offer a trade now.
I would assume there are better WRs than Davis already cut. Unless someone is lookinn for cheap Special Team options, no waiting teams.

Members online

Latest posts