The Truth About This Football Team

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I am a Junior High football coach here in Ohio. I do not claim that means anything but I do understand the game. Here is what I see.

This team is not a bad football team.If you look at the game you will see that we turned the ball over 5 times and are without so many key pieces that to have a chance against a solid Bengals team in the last minute should be reason for optimism.

We are not only decimated with injuries but we have lost the absolute key pieces to our offense.

Blame Brett if you want but please understand that Brett has to take the load of offense on himself.He is not scared to throw the ball into double coverage or on the run. He does what he can do with what he's got and it's not much.As soon as he starts second guessing himself he is no longer Brett Favre he is Trent Dilfer.You can come out and get away with that if you have players around you but Brett does not.

Dilfer rarely makes mistakes but in Cleveland it does nothing for the Browns.It did however, work when he lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl.Ben Rothlisberger is a decent QB who wins games because of the team around him.If you have to put the game on his shoulders solely the Steelers would be hapless.

Brett makes bad throws in every game.He is a Gunslinger, period.I think most of GB fans understand this by now but by reading this forum I am starting to wonder where these guys were for his whole career.He is going to throw the ball on instinct, thats what playmakers do.Sometimes you will throw it to your guy and sometimes the other.

Give credit to the Bengals for making plays.They made a few INT's that were not right on the numbers.Alot of times guys will drop these passes and you just shrug it off.You never blame Brett for the ALMOST interceptions.

Bottom line is Brett will be Brett.If he leads us to the SB or throws 5 picks a game you either accept his style or not.I will take Brett and his INT's any day of the week over any QB in the league!

If you think Brett is to blame for the 1-6 start and is the problem with this team you may be plain retarded.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love him to continue for a couple of years, but he isn't getting any younger, and if he doesn't retire this year or next year Rodgers will be wasted.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Rodgers gets 24 - 25 before he gets to start, he will in my opinion be a wasted 1st round draft pick, because he hasn't been allowed to develop.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that makes no sense GAK..

how will he be wasted...did you ever hear of Steve Young?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
if Rodgers gets 24 - 25 before he gets to start, he will in my opinion be a wasted 1st round draft pick, because he hasn't been allowed to develop.
How could you develop a rookie QB behind this O-line? He would be getting killed Like David Carr is down in Houston. Pretty tough to develop as a QB when you are running for your life.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakk....are you seriously suggesting that Brett gets run out of town so Rodgers isn't a wasted pick? Rodgers is owed nothing. There is nothing wrong with a QB sitting on the bench for 3-4 years before taking over. Besides, Rodgers may be a wasted pick anyway. It's about a 50-50 chance.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
When we got into this game Favre hadn't been sacked in 115 attempt, that isn't a bad O-line if you ask me.
No that is Brett doing his thing. Reading the def, scrambling and flipping the ball off to his release valves. There are many plays that look more like a fire drill than the play that was called in the huddle.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post Pyledriver, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gak are you friggin kidding me wasting Aaron Rodgers? come on man put the pipe down. How do you know he is even pro material? I'm not sold on him yet. If he is so good that we should run Brett out of town then why isn't he the second string QB? Nall is still better than him. I call Rodgers a wasted first round pick. Let him sit on the sidelines and ROT. We have one of the best QB's that ever played the game, lets hold on to this gem as long as we can.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
When we got into this game Favre hadn't been sacked in 115 attempt, that isn't a bad O-line if you ask me.

Have you seen even one Packer football game this year? Brett is buying time with his feet and is getting creamed every game just after he releases the football. The OL has played better, but the no sack stat was more the responsibility of Brett Favre than it is the OL.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyledriver Nice to have you back in the forum, specially with this kind of posts, of course Brett is getting ALL the load of the ofense in this team and to add offense to injury HE MUST DO IT WITH A VERY BAD OC that seems to play for the oponent.

Yes I really like that despite all the ijuries we have remained a competitive team, we haven´t lost a game like the quennis or other teams by 3,4 touchdowns.

We MUST be gratefull that we have Brett and guys like Chatman, Collins, Harris, Kampman, Even Grady that work their butt every game until the last play, even when we know that we have bad coaching and a some players that can´t live to the expectations..

Members online

Latest posts