The Tom Crabtree appreciation thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the angry hate filled threads and posts about Germ-ick-al Finley I thought I would balance it out with our praise and appreciation for how a Packers TE is supposed to be.
So to start things, here are a couple of vids.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Holy crap, a positive thread this week about a player..I thought maybe the board was stuck on the suck.

Crabs might not be the most talented, but the guy brings the lunchbox to work each week and seems to do for the team in any facet asked of him. The glue type guys of the team..

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but I think he had a Chuck Cecil-type of career ahead of him in GB. He played hard and was productive. I would have hope that the team would have made a decision with one of their other tight ends. Enthusiasm and work ethic can be contagious on a team, and can provide added value beyond just number of catches and touchdowns scored.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck Cecil was a headhunter. He flat out nailed people. Too many fines and too many hits curtailed his career. He was a tough player, Crabs was a great depth guy, but not a starting TE kind of player. Cecil was a starter type of player. Quarless has more talent for what we need from a TE. Dang, we had what, 4 or 5 TE's to start preseason... Kind of like when we had 3 FB's a couple of years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts