The tillman story - in theaters august 20th

Passion Pictures

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE TILLMAN STORY - A mystery. A cover up. A crime. One family will risk everything for the truth. IN THEATERS AUGUST 20TH

When Pat Tillman gave up his professional football career to join the Army Rangers in 2002, he became an instant symbol of patriotic fervor and unflinching duty. But the truth about Pat Tillman is far more complex, and ultimately far more heroic, than the caricature. And when the government tried to turn his death into propaganda, they took on the wrong family. From her home in Northern California, Pat's mother, Dannie Tillman, led the family's crusade to reveal the truth beneath the mythology of their son's life and death. THE TILLMAN STORY resounds with emotion and insight, and goes beyond an indictment of the government to touch on themes as timeless as the notion of heroism itself.

Youtube - The Tillman Story trailor

Facebook page: The Tillman Story

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a rental. I love the story of him leaving football to fight for what he believed in along side his brother, but what happened after that just makes me sick with how they covered it up and then promoted him in false pretenses.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would the mods please consider deleting this thread and/or banning the OP?
It appears that it is just spam from an advertiser.
Since Pat Tillman wasn't a Packer, this doesn't belong here anyway.
Either on the forum or in this spot. Does it?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Tillman's death got used by the military there is no doubt. Yeah, kind of makes you question his judgment, but at the same time, I admire the guy's patriotism which if you show any now days your ridiculed as a naive right wing retard.

I didn't see any other players sign up. Too busy living the high life and banging ho's. Honestly, if I was making millions, I doubt I'd give that up either.

However he is no more a hero than any other soldier that has died fighting for his country and what he honestly believes in.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However he is no more a hero than any other soldier that has died fighting for his country and what he honestly believes in.

Perfectly put. He is no different than anyone else who has died or faught for this country, they are all equals and deserve as much thanks.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Would the mods please consider deleting this thread and/or banning the OP?
It appears that it is just spam from an advertiser.
Since Pat Tillman wasn't a Packer, this doesn't belong here anyway.
Either on the forum or in this spot. Does it?
I moved it to the NFL section.

I'd close it, but it's a halfway decent thread for people to discuss Tillman in if they want.

Members online

Latest posts