The Tank is empty

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tank Johnson was released by the Bears today after being arrested for DUI in Arizona.

PS, No, I don't think the Pack will try to pick him up.

I also think if Brigg's continues to press for a trade that da Bears will not be quite where they were last year without these two.

NFC NORTH here we come.

We have been worrying about our offense not exploding but at least we are not imploding like those guys. If we had to wait this long to get back to the big show and guys started acting like this we would really have something to be pissed off about, wouldn't we?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i doubt the bears will release "the tank"

if they did i would consider picking him up hes probs 1 of the best DT in the leauge atm

'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson
'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

By RICK GANO, AP Sports Writer
June 25, 2007

CHICAGO (AP) -- Tank Johnson tried the patience of the Chicago Bears numerous times. Still, they provided support, visited him in jail and gave him more than enough chances to turn his life around and advance his career.

But after his latest run-in with the law in Arizona, the Bears had seen enough and it was time to let him go.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Bears, saying they were "embarrassed" and that Johnson had "compromised the credibility" of the team with his latest incident, released the defensive tackle Monday.

Johnson was waived three days after he was pulled over by police in Arizona. He already had been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season for violating probation on a gun charge. He spent two months in jail and was released in May.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys like Tank and Pacman never learn. Neither do teams. I'm guessing we'll see both in a Bengals jersey at some point. At least for a game or two between serving out their sentences.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not his fault.

It is society as a whole. I feel so very sorry for him.

There is a reason there are homeless people in this great country, and Tank is now a homeless man, without a team, because of society.

I personally will not sleep tonight knowing how this society has broken this man, broken his ability to earn a living, and broken his opportunity with The Chicago bears.

This is a tragedy.

That police officer in Arizona has a feather in his cap. Shame on him. Shame on all police officers.

R.P.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

There is a reason there are homeless people in this great country, and Tank is now a homeless man, without a team, because of society.

I personally will not sleep tonight knowing how this society has broken this man, broken his ability to earn a living, and broken his opportunity with The Chicago bears.

This is a tragedy.

That police officer in Arizona has a feather in his cap. Shame on him. Shame on all police officers.

R.P.

That was deep man

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Let me guess, none of his repetitive criminal acts were his fault at all . . . because he is black? The guy has had multiple gun charges, including everything from handguns to ASSAULT weapons, assault, drug charges, resisting arrest, speeding, MULTIPLE probation violations, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and on. He was given MULTIPLE chances and he had the support of his team the entire time. There eventually has to come a time where an individual takes responsibility for their actions and stops blaming it on other reasons. I would expect a white man, white women, hispanic, Chinease, or any other race / ethnicity to be held to the same standards. It's not "societies" fault that he doesn't have a job, it's HIS. Both for his actions and the people he associated himself with. If that would have been one of us, a person without lots of money and fame, we would have not gotten half the chances he got. If Barnett keeps messing up, I would hope the same would happen to him. Athletes are role models, especially for kids . . . I know this for a fact because I had several growing up. They need to learn to keep their head clean or accept the consequences like a man. End of story.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Let me guess, none of his repetitive criminal acts were his fault at all . . . because he is black? The guy has had multiple gun charges, including everything from handguns to ASSAULT weapons, assault, drug charges, resisting arrest, speeding, MULTIPLE probation violations, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and on. He was given MULTIPLE chances and he had the support of his team the entire time. There eventually has to come a time where an individual takes responsibility for their actions and stops blaming it on other reasons. I would expect a white man, white women, hispanic, Chinease, or any other race / ethnicity to be held to the same standards. It's not "societies" fault that he doesn't have a job, it's HIS. Both for his actions and the people he associated himself with. If that would have been one of us, a person without lots of money and fame, we would have not gotten half the chances he got. If Barnett keeps messing up, I would hope the same would happen to him. Athletes are role models, especially for kids . . . I know this for a fact because I had several growing up. They need to learn to keep their head clean or accept the consequences like a man. End of story.

It's called sarcasm. Look into it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

That was deep man

I know what your trying to say RP...

To blame it on society or cops doesnt wash with me...This guy is his own person and is under a suspension for actions that were bad for his employer...

He should never have gotten behind the wheel if he was drinking even one beer..cuz he has a job lot of people would die for, and the money most would die for too..Why try to screw all that up???

He has the $$$$ call a cab or limo or a friend..

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

It's called sarcasm. Look into it.

I wasn't necessarily jumping on R.P. just wanted to vent in general a bit. Believe it or not, I have heard a couple people HONESTLY saying something to the same effect to me. I'm just like whhhhaaatt? It's funny how all of sudden there are alll these Bear's fan's down in N.C. since they went to the super bowl. Either way, I've got the big screen H.D. T.V with the full football package, and when they come over here to watch the game, they're exposed to plenty of Packer pride!!

Anyway, excuse my venting, but I take back nothing I said. The guy messed up big time . . and deserves every bit of it.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't doubt that Tank deserves what he gets. On the flip side, I'm disappointed in him because he grew up and played high school ball here in the valley and we all want local kids to succeed. At the same time, I'm glad the Packers won't have to face him twice this year although I wouldn't put it past the Vikes to sign him. The Bears are facing some hardship this year due to other losses also. Briggs will be a HUGE loss if he holds out as promised. Our hopes for the North division title just got a tad brighter, IMO.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't blame the Bears for cutting ties. The guy has been nothing but trouble and they wouldn't have had him for the first 8 games of the season anyways.

Fortunately the Packers are pretty solid at DT, so I doubt there would be very little interest on our end in signing him.

Not to say the Packers are perfect considering we have our own little trouble make in Koren Robinson. I'm sure some team will probably take a chance and sign him. Even with his suspension, he is still a talented guy who could help a football team once he's done serving his eight games.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

That was deep man
Yes I agree....it WAS deep! And thick.......... and smelly......LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is not his fault.

This is a tragedy.

R.P.

You're probably right.

This was probably just Tank's way of standing up for his rights to bear arms, his right to express himself as he sees fit, of sticking it to "The Man", of standing on the mountaintop and screaming "I am man, hear me roar!!", of sticking up for the rights of all NFL players to do what they want on their own time, of snubbing his nose at the evil oppressor known as the NFL Commissioner.
Either that or he's not very bright and he just flushed his entire life down the toilet.

Members online

No members online now.