The stuff legends are made of...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle has one of the best defenses in recent history. They are the defending Super Bowl Champs. And we have a one legged QB.

Our quarterback has shown himself to be one of the all time greats over the last few years. In fact, he took a team with historical numbers of players on IR to a Super Bowl Victory as a wild card. All road games.

Now we are on the road again as underdogs. Injury once again rears it's ugly head in the form of maybe the most important calf muscle in the history of the NFL. Hello gloom, meet (the legion of) doom.

A victory in this instance will be the stuff legends are made of. This is how Willis Reed ( a reference made several times over the last couple of weeks with Rodgers) became such a legend.

When our man Rodgers pulls off this improbable win, he will go down in the annals of NFL history as one of the greatest feats to ever happen. I would suggest everyone record it, because it will push him to historic fame. He will become one of, if not the most, famous story in our glorious history.

Go Pack Go!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call Rodgers "one-legged." The calf injury certainly has its effect on his running ability but he's no less mobile now than Tom Brady. And he can still drive with the ball off his right leg.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time the highest scoring offense faced the best defense was in last year's Super Bowl won by Seattle 43-8. If the Packers have any chance in this game it will be their defense and not Rodgers that will make the difference. If the Packers d line controls the LOS and forces 1 and 2 yard runs and the outside rush doesn't blow by Wilson giving him free room to pick up a first down with ease then the game will be set for a classic.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game will depend on the ability of the defense to get off the field on third down. Last week Seattle went 8 for 8 on third down. Anything even close to that and Rodgers will be a spectator. I think the Pack can score some points if the offense is on the field it's the matchup of the Seattle offense vs the Pack d that is key today.

Packer honk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle has one of the best defenses in recent history. They are the defending Super Bowl Champs. And we have a one legged QB.

Our quarterback has shown himself to be one of the all time greats over the last few years. In fact, he took a team with historical numbers of players on IR to a Super Bowl Victory as a wild card. All road games.

Now we are on the road again as underdogs. Injury once again rears it's ugly head in the form of maybe the most important calf muscle in the history of the NFL. Hello gloom, meet (the legion of) doom.

A victory in this instance will be the stuff legends are made of. This is how Willis Reed ( a reference made several times over the last couple of weeks with Rodgers) became such a legend.

When our man Rodgers pulls off this improbable win, he will go down in the annals of NFL history as one of the greatest feats to ever happen. I would suggest everyone record it, because it will push him to historic fame. He will become one of, if not the most, famous story in our glorious history.

Go Pack Go!

If Rodgers is heroic in victory here it will indeed be epic lore.....but I think our defense needs to stop the run...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be the 13th playoff or title game for the Packers under Mike McCarthy and the 11th with Aaron Rodgers as quarterback. So far MM is 7-5 in postseason and ARod is 6-4.

They padded the record with that 2010-11 run to the Super Bowl XLV Championship. Otherwise they've been only 3-5, 2-4 with Rodgers, so it's time to do better.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will be the 13th playoff or title game for the Packers under Mike McCarthy and the 11th with Aaron Rodgers as quarterback. So far MM is 7-5 in postseason and ARod is 6-4.

They padded the record with that 2010-11 run to the Super Bowl XLV Championship. Otherwise they've been only 3-5, 2-4 with Rodgers, so it's time to do better.

Indeed. Want to talk about 'cementing your legacy' ? then today is a good place to start.

Packer honk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm good with our playoff record lately....we could be the Raiders or the Bills.....

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good with our playoff record lately....we could be the Raiders or the Bills.....

Not to carp on 7 playoff seasons in 8 years but the Pack has blown 2 0r 3 good shots at making it to the Super Bowl in '07,'09, and '11 or at least getting to the conference championship game those final two years and losing to the 49ers the ways they did the past two seasons certainly wasn't good.

But this could be the time they come through when almost no one expects it.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... I can't really put this game on Aaron. Playing against this defense in these weather conditions on that leg... rest of the team is gonna have to step up. Little #12 magic would be awesome, but I almost feel like we're going to have to out-Seattle Seattle to win this one.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to run the ball down Seattle's throat all game. Dominate their line all game long.

Yeah... I can't really put this game on Aaron. Playing against this defense in these weather conditions on that leg... rest of the team is gonna have to step up. Little #12 magic would be awesome, but I almost feel like we're going to have to out-Seattle Seattle to win this one.

We will definitely need to run the ball, but if the weather is wet at all it may really help our WRs against the Seahawks corners, its easy to cut when your defender is running backwards on a wet field trying to keep up with a WR who knows where hrs going and is running forward.

Last edited:

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow it is really raining hard in Seattle. Please Lord let our run D hold up, Lacy will kill these guys if we stop Lynch we win.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always looked at it this way; both teams will play in the same conditions, in the same weather, on the same field.
Play your game. Focus and execute.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

if you throw out all the other packer wins, they are only 0-5 overall and 0-4 with Rodgers. That's really bad!

Members online

Latest posts