The Sky is NOT falling

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was actually impressed with most of our team last night. I wasn't impressed with special teams or penalties. But they'll get their butts chewed off this week, then go and destroy the Lions on Sunday.

The O line held up pretty well considering who they were up against. The passing attack is still good. Our running game was actually better than theirs. MM should have turned to the run more. Kuhn up the gut and Jackson around the end actually had some effect. They got stuffed a couple of times, but they made it work a few times too. Forte was held in check. When they weren't tackling Matthews he was still tearing around the field. I kind of liked seeing him and Hawk out there together. Then bringing the corner blitzes seemed pretty effective as well. Over all, absent the penalties, the O and the D both looked deep playoff caliber.

The special teams, however, they looked like they couldn't stop our local high school. Someone will work on it and it will get done.

This was just a bad game because of the way it was lost, not because they actually had a better team. I think that's what makes it so painful. It was clear who had the better team, but the penalties kept the better team out of it.

We'll be OK. This was like the Tampa game last year...something to keep us honest.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I agree with this. I mean, we have some clear areas of improvement, but nothing that can't be fixed in a few games and weeks of practice. We killed ourselves with penalties. We just need to see the coaching staff do something about it.

It's really not the end of the world.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. I mean, we have some clear areas of improvement, but nothing that can't be fixed in a few games and weeks of practice. We killed ourselves with penalties. We just need to see the coaching staff do something about it.

It's really not the end of the world.

Let's wait and see how the Packers respond to a very underrated Lions team! Detroit only lost to Chicago at Soldier by 5 points, and only allowed the Bears to put up 19 points. They also scored 32 points against the Eagles. I hate to tell you this, but the Lions have a very good defensive line (which sacked Michael Vick SEVEN TIMES) two weeks ago, not to mention that same line is going against your offensive line which has looked like dog ****! Especially Tauscher, hell that guy should have been flagged THIRTY TIMES last night but got lucky to only get a handful! Detroit is hungry for their first win so I wouldn't put to much stock in ANYONE blowing another out folks...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Let's wait and see how the Packers respond to a very underrated Lions team! Detroit only lost to Chicago at Soldier by 5 points, and only allowed the Bears to put up 19 points. They also scored 32 points against the Eagles. I hate to tell you this, but the Lions have a very good defensive line (which sacked Michael Vick SEVEN TIMES) two weeks ago, not to mention that same line is going against your offensive line which has looked like dog ****! Especially Tauscher, hell that guy should have been flagged THIRTY TIMES last night but got lucky to only get a handful! Detroit is hungry for their first win so I wouldn't put to much stock in ANYONE blowing another out folks...
By the way you phrased that, and the fact that you're clearly a MN fan, I can tell you're just talking smack. But at the same time, you bring up a good point that every team in our division right now has at least one real good pass rusher (Allen, Peppers, Suh) and if we don't do something about our line, I see a lot of holding penalties in the future. ESPN's analysis of this has been spot on: our line is getting old, they're getting beat, and as a result, they're holding. Regardless, I think we lost for reasons beyond this, and I think we can win games around even 4 or 5 holding penalties a game. Our passing game can overcome 1st and 20. Where these penalties will kill us is in the red zone, and that's where the focus needs to be on minimizing the holding and just let Rodgers scramble out of it.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Rodgers wasn't sacked once last night. As for the holding penalties. There was plenty of holding on both sides, i.e. what they were doing to Matthews a lot. As the adage goes; "They can call holding on every play if they want to." They just wanted to call more on the Packers because the Bores had the official's ear. The Lions with Stafford looked OK and again the Bears won because of the officials. But without Stafford and with Best injured. I don't expect a close game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

In reference to the Eagles, their D had a meltdown which almost cost them the game. Eagles were lucky to get away with a win, if the Lions had more time on the clock they would of won that game because Eagles D was sucking hard. I don't underestimate the Lions, they should of won their game against the Bears and I'll throw in the Eagles too. They do have a decent defensive line, but that's all they got and that's not going to take them very far right now. I'd even rate your Vikings over them right now. I think if the Lions improve and get healthy they can be a threat, never count them out, but I think it's going to be too little too late.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way you phrased that, and the fact that you're clearly a MN fan, I can tell you're just talking smack. But at the same time, you bring up a good point that every team in our division right now has at least one real good pass rusher (Allen, Peppers, Suh) and if we don't do something about our line, I see a lot of holding penalties in the future. ESPN's analysis of this has been spot on: our line is getting old, they're getting beat, and as a result, they're holding. Regardless, I think we lost for reasons beyond this, and I think we can win games around even 4 or 5 holding penalties a game. Our passing game can overcome 1st and 20. Where these penalties will kill us is in the red zone, and that's where the focus needs to be on minimizing the holding and just let Rodgers scramble out of it.

Not talking smack solely, but am bringing up obvious weaknesses that the Packers have, so if you would like to view it as smack talk that's fine, but that is common for someone of a different team to respond that way.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't sacked once last night. As for the holding penalties. There was plenty of holding on both sides, i.e. what they were doing to Matthews a lot. As the adage goes; "They can call holding on every play if they want to." They just wanted to call more on the Packers because the Bores had the official's ear. The Lions with Stafford looked OK and again the Bears won because of the officials. But without Stafford and with Best injured. I don't expect a close game.

Best hasn't been ruled out yet, so I wouldn't go there at this point. Yeah, he wasn't sacked because everyone (especially Tauscher) was holding like a mad man, and Detroit's line is better OVERALL than Chicago's, no doubt! Wait and see bud...

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reference to the Eagles, their D had a meltdown which almost cost them the game. Eagles were lucky to get away with a win, if the Lions had more time on the clock they would of won that game because Eagles D was sucking hard. I don't underestimate the Lions, they should of won their game against the Bears and I'll throw in the Eagles too. They do have a decent defensive line, but that's all they got and that's not going to take them very far right now. I'd even rate your Vikings over them right now. I think if the Lions improve and get healthy they can be a threat, never count them out, but I think it's going to be too little too late.

Ha, even better than my Vikings? Talent wise, the Queens and the Pack are nearly neck and neck, and that is because we have an ALL STAR running game to your NONE, but you have a better passing game due to the fact of we have only 2 receivers (one being our tight end), I guess we will see who is better when we play, but don't go thinking just because your team is 2-1 and the Vikings are 1-2 means the Pack will win. I mean, you want to use the excuse that the Pack played better than the Bears but shot themselves due to penalties, what do you think happened with the Vikings during the first two games? Same thing, and such against better opponents (Miami and New Orleans).

To close this out, you are high if you think the Lions D-Line is just OK, they are VERY GOOD, and the Packers aging offensive line will find out soon enough....

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Best hasn't been ruled out yet, so I wouldn't go there at this point. Yeah, he wasn't sacked because everyone (especially Tauscher) was holding like a mad man, and Detroit's line is better OVERALL than Chicago's, no doubt! Wait and see bud...

Turf toe limited the ability and mobility of someone as great as Deon Sanders. Even if Best is in the game he won't have the range and explosiveness he would want. In his first game he hardly had any good yards, just the two redzone plays. His second game he did well. His third game he didn't. So he only produces one third of the time. Now he's got turf toe. I don't expect much production from him at all. The Packers contained Matt Forte who is twice the running back/reciever of Best.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turf toe limited the ability and mobility of someone as great as Deon Sanders. Even if Best is in the game he won't have the range and explosiveness he would want. In his first game he hardly had any good yards, just the two redzone plays. His second game he did well. His third game he didn't. So he only produces one third of the time. Now he's got turf toe. I don't expect much production from him at all. The Packers contained Matt Forte who is twice the running back/reciever of Best.

You are going beyond what the REALITY is! You are putting out the worst case scenario dude, but that isn't the case with Best, he didn't miss any gametime against the Vikes, so if it were THAT BAD, he would have had to come out of the game.

Also, I never questioned turf toe as being minor, but in this case it is rumored to be more minor in nature...

Ha, Matt Forte is so overrated it's not even funny! Best hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself, but Jahvid is faster and more agile, that is common sense if you have watched either guy!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forte hasn't run the ball as well as his rookie year this year, but for the most part he is doing better than last year. In the Martz offense he has been a beast in the passing game, but the Green Bay D kept him in check. He might be overrated a bit, but he is still a good back.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, even better than my Vikings? Talent wise, the Queens and the Pack are nearly neck and neck, and that is because we have an ALL STAR running game to your NONE, but you have a better passing game due to the fact of we have only 2 receivers (one being our tight end), I guess we will see who is better when we play, but don't go thinking just because your team is 2-1 and the Vikings are 1-2 means the Pack will win. I mean, you want to use the excuse that the Pack played better than the Bears but shot themselves due to penalties, what do you think happened with the Vikings during the first two games? Same thing, and such against better opponents (Miami and New Orleans).

To close this out, you are high if you think the Lions D-Line is just OK, they are VERY GOOD, and the Packers aging offensive line will find out soon enough....

Stop that! I said, your Vikings are better than the Lions, I was trying to complement you silly, you are better than the Lions! I was looking at the bigger picture and factoring in your o-line as well. I also stated the Lions D is decent, not just OK. Or as you say, very good. I'll give them that. I also agree that the officiating has been deplorable. I'm not going to underestimate the Vikings or the Lions, make no mistake about that. Good luck to your team, it's going to be a good game for sure.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another thing, the Packers gave up 140 something yards to the Eagles running game (including Vick), and at least 120 or so to Buffalo, so it looks as if the Packers run defense has gave up big time yards pertaining to the rush more often than not (2 games to 1 game).

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop that! I said, your Vikings are better than the Lions, I was trying to complement you silly, you are better than the Lions! I was looking at the bigger picture and factoring in your o-line as well. I also stated the Lions D is decent, not just OK. Or as you say, very good. I'll give them that. I also agree that the officiating has been deplorable. I'm not going to underestimate the Vikings or the Lions, make no mistake about that. Good luck to your team, it's going to be a good game for sure.

Good to see we are on the same page, I just rate decent and ok in the same category, sorry. Good luck to your crew as well!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all we need to do is trade aaron rodgers for adrian peterson, matt flynn will take us to the promised land........just kidding

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You are going beyond what the REALITY is! You are putting out the worst case scenario dude, but that isn't the case with Best, he didn't miss any gametime against the Vikes, so if it were THAT BAD, he would have had to come out of the game.

Also, I never questioned turf toe as being minor, but in this case it is rumored to be more minor in nature...

Ha, Matt Forte is so overrated it's not even funny! Best hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself, but Jahvid is faster and more agile, that is common sense if you have watched either guy!

ESPN reports; Best has Grade Two turf toe and is considered day-to-day, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Spin: The report adds that Best should be available this weekend "unless (the) pain is unbearable." We'll track Best's practice participation in the coming days, but so far this is shaping up as a pain management/tolerance issue for the rookie back. The trouble is, turf toe can end up being a nagging injury, so don't expect this issue to go away too quickly.

Best had one good game in which he touched the ball as many times in one game as he did in his two other games combined. In my opinion the Philadelphia game was an aberration and the two other games give a more solid indication of what Best will do. Forte, however, has been used consistently the same in all three games and has played consistently.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing annoys me more after a bad loss by the Pack, than to visit a Packers message borad and have to endure insipid comments from ChokeKings trolls. Listen carefully you obnoxious troll, The ChokeKings choke, they have always choked, and they will continue to choke until the sun burns out! There has never been a team in the history of American professional sports that has choked with the consistency, and the inventiveness of the ChokeKings! From 2003's debacle in the desert, to last year's too many men, your team always seems to find new and creative way to choke! So, why don't you trot over to putrid thoughts, and commiserate with your fellow Choke Kings fans, and leave this board for Packers fans

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN reports; Best has Grade Two turf toe and is considered day-to-day, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Spin: The report adds that Best should be available this weekend "unless (the) pain is unbearable." We'll track Best's practice participation in the coming days, but so far this is shaping up as a pain management/tolerance issue for the rookie back. The trouble is, turf toe can end up being a nagging injury, so don't expect this issue to go away too quickly.

Best had one good game in which he touched the ball as many times in one game as he did in his two other games combined. In my opinion the Philadelphia game was an aberration and the two other games give a more solid indication of what Best will do. Forte, however, has been used consistently the same in all three games and has played consistently.

Ok so, that ESPN article you used actually differs from what you initially posted (which stated he wouldn't be playing, or if he was he would be worthless), so nice for you to point that article out! Remember, Best and the Lions are desperate, they know their record should reflect at least one or two wins, they will muck and grind out any injuries possible.....

Secondly, let's wait on the Best/Forte comparison for at least the remainder of the year, and possibly into next year. A few games doesn't do Best justice (especially granted he is starting out on a so-so Detroit offense). If we were talking about a defensive play for Detroit, I wouldn't suggest anything because they are good enough to determine quality.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing annoys me more after a bad loss by the Pack, than to visit a Packers message borad and have to endure insipid comments from ChokeKings trolls. Listen carefully you obnoxious troll, The ChokeKings choke, they have always choked, and they will continue to choke until the sun burns out! There has never been a team in the history of American professional sports that has choked with the consistency, and the inventiveness of the ChokeKings! From 2003's debacle in the desert, to last year's too many men, your team always seems to find new and creative way to choke! So, why don't you trot over to putrid thoughts, and commiserate with your fellow Choke Kings fans, and leave this board for Packers fans

Maybe your not manly enough to hear arguments from other teams fans? Thought about that? Why don't you stop being a whiney little ***** from Tampa and root for you local team okay friend? I have just as much right to be on these boards as do you, so go complain to someone else....

ChokeKings? Ha, at least I can stand here and say I am proud to be a Vikings fans after the MILLIONS of choke-athons, that should make me something of a difference to what everyone else says about Vikes fans (wishy-washy) right? Anyway, I will always cheer and love my Vikings, and since they haven't won a SB yet I can still sit here and hype them up means that I am a TRUE fan, get it? What would you know about what happens up in the North anyway? Vikings/Packers battles are what keeps things interesting here, well I guess the Bears are right up there as well.....

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok so, that ESPN article you used actually differs from what you initially posted (which stated he wouldn't be playing, or if he was he would be worthless), so nice for you to point that article out! Remember, Best and the Lions are desperate, they know their record should reflect at least one or two wins, they will muck and grind out any injuries possible.....

Secondly, let's wait on the Best/Forte comparison for at least the remainder of the year, and possibly into next year. A few games doesn't do Best justice (especially granted he is starting out on a so-so Detroit offense). If we were talking about a defensive play for Detroit, I wouldn't suggest anything because they are good enough to determine quality.

No, I said he was injured. I didn't say he was out. Grade 1 turf toe is mild and playable. Grade 2 is moderate and play is iffy. Grade 3 is out. He has grade 2. Since you claimed Best is a threat to the Packers THIS SUNDAY it is fair to make the comparison of the two backs right now. Right now Forte is better than Best. The Packers contained him. They will contain Best.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I said he was injured. I didn't say he was out. Grade 1 turf toe is mild and playable. Grade 2 is moderate and play is iffy. Grade 3 is out. He has grade 2. Since you claimed Best is a threat to the Packers THIS SUNDAY it is fair to make the comparison of the two backs right now. Right now Forte is better than Best. The Packers contained him. They will contain Best.

There you go again, being unrealistic! Jesus, we BOTH now have admitted that Best MAY play (me being more for the "WILL"), yet the point is that if he does he will be shaking off an injury. So, you want to make a comparison between a healthy Forte at Soldier Field vs Turf Toe (minor) Best at Lambeau? Ok, I think that is EXTREMELY unfair but do stick with the (Best will run for more than 29 yards), and yes...on the road and INJURED as well..and once he does run for more than 29 yards on the road with turf toe, I want you to be the first to come here and say "GOD YOU WERE RIGHT"! DEAL?

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There you go again, being unrealistic! Jesus, we BOTH now have admitted that Best MAY play (me being more for the "WILL"), yet the point is that if he does he will be shaking off an injury. So, you want to make a comparison between a healthy Forte at Soldier Field vs Turf Toe (minor) Best at Lambeau? Ok, I think that is EXTREMELY unfair but do stick with the (Best will run for more than 29 yards), and yes...on the road and INJURED as well..and once he does run for more than 29 yards on the road with turf toe, I want you to be the first to come here and say "GOD YOU WERE RIGHT"! DEAL?

He ran for a whopping 20 yards and he caught for 16 whole yards versus Chicago. He ran for a huge 26 yards and caught for an amazing 13 versus Minnesota. That was when he was healthy. I guess you think he's going to have a Philadelphia style game now that he has turf toe? C'mon man.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ran for a whopping 20 yards and he caught for 16 whole yards versus Chicago. He ran for a huge 26 yards and caught for an amazing 13 versus Minnesota. That was when he was healthy. I guess you think he's going to have a Philadelphia style game now that he has turf toe? C'mon man.

Hell, wait and see how many more yards vs Fortes sub 30 yd game he does have, and with turf toe on the road! Like I said, come back here and tell me I knew what I was talking about. If he somehow doesn't end up playing, well then no harm no foul!

Members online

Latest posts