The Seahawks almost didn't mount a comeback

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is what i mentioned in my one of my posts about the momentum that was in favor of seahawks after that fake FG. this was the start of packers imploding!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve just had a day at work with American passengers noticing my tattoo and laughing about last night. I DID NOT enjoy the experience.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I`ve just had a day at work with American passengers noticing my tattoo and laughing about last night. I DID NOT enjoy the experience.

F 'em. I wore my usual yellow shirt and green Packers tie to work today. Packers watch, gold tie tack and green slacks. I heard it at least 10 times. "How can you do that today?", or along those lines.

"Easily, they're my guys. Win, lose or implode. They're my guys."

I don't have time for part-time Packers fans. Sitting in Lambeau through the 70's and 80's hardened my view on the 'fans' who don't remember what it's like to be a fan of an also-ran. Am I happy about yesterday's tank? Of course not. Am I embarrassed to be a Packers' fan? Not a chance... ain't happening... and all the bellyaching and *****ing of unhappy kiddies and fans of lower tier teams razzing me won't change my mind.

The Pack gave 'er away. Some of you think your world stopped spinning... how would you like to be in Bostick's skin tonight?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack gave 'er away. Some of you think your world stopped spinning... how would you like to be in Bostick's skin tonight?

Not just him. Clinton-Dix and Burnett too... and perhaps Peppers for telling him to slide.

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the replay of the onside kick Jordy Nelson looks a lot like Clinton-Dix during the 2pt conversion. If he saw Bostic go up for the ball he should have done something more than become a spectator. Matthews ended up jumping right in front of Nelson gawking at Bostic to get the ball. Overall, the Packers somehow lost the killer instinct that was prevalent for most of the first 3 quarters.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its Slocum's fault for not correcting Jones' mistake. How the hell can the other team know you are doing something wrong when you yourself do not?? That is pathetic on Slocum's part. Does he just make the quality control guys break down film and then sleep through their analysis of it?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess they thought they would have some better play calling other than 3 run plays in a row. Bad bad bad !
Rodgers bears some responsibility there as well. He always has the option to audible out of a play, and I'm sure he has plenty of hand signals he can use when it's loud. When Seattle put 10 in the box on first down, he should have audibled to a short pass play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers bears some responsibility there as well. He always has the option to audible out of a play, and I'm sure he has plenty of hand signals he can use when it's loud. When Seattle put 10 in the box on first down, he should have audibled to a short pass play.

The Packers had only one receiver on the field for that play with Kuhn and Lacy in the backfield and Quarless and Rodgers as inline blockers. There´s no way you can run a succesful pass play out of that formation.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where's the blame for Hawk? Came up too fast on the punter- which he couldn't do anything about anyway- when he should have been back in coverage on the reciever.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had only one receiver on the field for that play with Kuhn and Lacy in the backfield and Quarless and Rodgers as inline blockers. There´s no way you can run a succesful pass play out of that formation.
Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't gone back to look at it... and I doubt I ever will.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its Slocum's fault for not correcting Jones' mistake. How the hell can the other team know you are doing something wrong when you yourself do not?? That is pathetic on Slocum's part. Does he just make the quality control guys break down film and then sleep through their analysis of it?

I know everyone likes to blame the coaches for everything, probably because they put the players on a pedestal, but some guys just aren't very coach-able. How do you know what has and hasn't been said behind doors? You don't.

D

Deleted member 6794

Where's the blame for Hawk? Came up too fast on the punter- which he couldn't do anything about anyway- when he should have been back in coverage on the reciever.

Agreed. Hawk made a terrible decision to try to tackle Ryan before he crossed the line of scrimmage and leave Gilliam wide open in the end zone.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know everyone likes to blame the coaches for everything, probably because they put the players on a pedestal, but some guys just aren't very coach-able. How do you know what has and hasn't been said behind doors? You don't.

According to some players the coaches didn´t even alert them on a possible fake on the play. While that doesn´t mean Hawk and Jones would have made a better choice thinking about a possible fake it´s unacceptable the coaches didn´t even think about the possibility.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to some players the coaches didn´t even alert them on a possible fake on the play. While that doesn´t mean Hawk and Jones would have made a better choice thinking about a possible fake it´s unacceptable the coaches didn´t even think about the possibility.
Fake kicks are always possible, but never likely. They're impossible to plan for and for that reason, they usually work. In a Sporting News article I read about 20 years ago, it said fake FGs result in a first down or a TD 62% of the time. I'm sure the percentage is still right around there today.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fake kicks are always possible, but never likely. They're impossible to plan for and for that reason, they usually work. In a Sporting News article I read about 20 years ago, it said fake FGs result in a first down or a TD 62% of the time. I'm sure the percentage is still right around there today.

If the Packers would have thought about the possibility of a fake kick there this one would have been pretty easy to defend. Instead of trying to block the FG Hawk would just have to stay with Gilliam and another player would have had to spy Ryan.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting from the article how prepared the Seahawks were for this situation if it came up. If a certain player lined up in a certain position, they knew what they were going to do. Contrast that with the Packers- Hawk in particular- looking unprepared and clueless. The little things that separate champions from 'we were so close'.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the contrary, I see no reason why next year's team won't be at least as good as this year's.

But will that be good enough, or just short again?
I think the most bothersome thing about this loss is how the Packers were completely dominant for 90% of the game and still lost. The first quarter in particular was one of the most lopsided and dominant displays of football you'll ever see. The Packers were not only clearly the better team, they were clearly the more physical team.
I won't get into an analysis of why- there are several other threads doing a fine job of that- but I will offer the opinion that this game was lost from the neck up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, we needed a running game, they made it a point to be better and we are. We needed to be better on defense, they focused on it, and we are. We'll see what the focus is next year.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

McGinn wrote that Hawk's gaffe was egregious as Bostick's.

Leroy Butler really called AJ out for not sticking with the receiver as well.

But I agree most of the GB beat writers are Hawk guys and his screw up has really been downplayed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts