The Seahawks almost didn't mount a comeback

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a pure "best player available" draft from start to finish. The only positions I think we might want to give a little preference is ILB and TE.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F 'em. I wore my usual yellow shirt and green Packers tie to work today. Packers watch, gold tie tack and green slacks. I heard it at least 10 times. "How can you do that today?", or along those lines.

"Easily, they're my guys. Win, lose or implode. They're my guys."

I don't have time for part-time Packers fans. Sitting in Lambeau through the 70's and 80's hardened my view on the 'fans' who don't remember what it's like to be a fan of an also-ran. Am I happy about yesterday's tank? Of course not. Am I embarrassed to be a Packers' fan? Not a chance... ain't happening... and all the bellyaching and *****ing of unhappy kiddies and fans of lower tier teams razzing me won't change my mind.

The Pack gave 'er away. Some of you think your world stopped spinning... how would you like to be in Bostick's skin tonight?

I was at a basketball tournament on Saturday and the younger brother of one of my nephews team mates was wearing a Wilson jersey (the family is from Seattle and they are huge fans) I said to him. That's cool man but promise me, win or lose, when I see you on Tuesday you have that Jersey on. I saw him on Tuesday and he wasn't wearing it. I asked him about it and he said that after wearing it all day Saturday and Sunday and Monday his mom made him throw it in the laundry and it wasn't dry yet. I know his family quite well and I'm pretty sure that, had they lost, he would have worn it on Tuesday if nothing else just for me. That's a fan and I don't care who they root for if that is the way they act I can respect them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But will that be good enough, or just short again?
I think the most bothersome thing about this loss is how the Packers were completely dominant for 90% of the game and still lost. The first quarter in particular was one of the most lopsided and dominant displays of football you'll ever see. The Packers were not only clearly the better team, they were clearly the more physical team.
I won't get into an analysis of why- there are several other threads doing a fine job of that- but I will offer the opinion that this game was lost from the neck up.

Good point. I think this game proved we were not the softies so many people thought we were. Hopefully it carries through into next season. Personally I see no reason not to expect the Packers to be in a similar position next year. By that I mean playing in the divisional round for a chance to go to the NFC championship game at the very least. They are one of the top 4 teams in the NFC.

As for will it be good enough I'm going to go with yes because I prefer to look on the bright side and because looking forward to another 360 some days with the thought of being disappointed again would be just too much to deal with.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. I think this game proved we were not the softies so many people thought we were. Hopefully it carries through into next season. Personally I see no reason not to expect the Packers to be in a similar position next year. By that I mean playing in the divisional round for a chance to go to the NFC championship game at the very least. They are one of the top 4 teams in the NFC.

As for will it be good enough I'm going to go with yes because I prefer to look on the bright side and because looking forward to another 360 some days with the thought of being disappointed again would be just too much to deal with.

And that was huge for me. I'd add that vs the teams that will be in the super bowl, the Packers showed they were clearly good enough . Only their red zone deficiencies kept the Patriots game from being a blowout; the Packers clearly got the better of the play. As they did against the Seahawks.
Not to take anything away from Seattle, but IMO there's a bit of a misconception in their comeback. They did not put themselves into position to win- they were clearly, and decisively beaten. Numerous Packer mistakes gave them the opportunity. Where they get credit is in never quitting and taking advantage of the opportunity. There's a difference there, although the result is the same.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do they make redzone efficiency the point of emphasis this offseason and next preseason? I think so. I'd like to think Special teams too, but if redzone gets taken care of, nobody is going to care that our special teams are erratic because it won't matter.

Packers Boston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But will that be good enough, or just short again?
I think the most bothersome thing about this loss is how the Packers were completely dominant for 90% of the game and still lost. The first quarter in particular was one of the most lopsided and dominant displays of football you'll ever see. The Packers were not only clearly the better team, they were clearly the more physical team.
I won't get into an analysis of why- there are several other threads doing a fine job of that- but I will offer the opinion that this game was lost from the neck up.

Pack will always be Super Bowl-worthy with healthy Rodgers and a good running game and defense. Need the coaches to step up their play calling game and get more aggressive. Inexcusable to take your foot off the gas against an opponent like Seattle

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Rodgers bears some responsibility there as well. He always has the option to audible out of a play, and I'm sure he has plenty of hand signals he can use when it's loud. When Seattle put 10 in the box on first down, he should have audibled to a short pass play.
Has Rodgers ever on screen or behind locker doors got back in the face of MM about his play calling?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lots of talk about how the Packers dominated the game. But the truth is both teams' defenses dominated. Both teams' offenses couldn't do &%$@ for most of the game.

Members online

Latest posts