The running game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
our line has stepped up, but they still cannot enforce a will against anyone for any consistency. Watching Colledge get penalties is like watching Bush F*ck up.

You just expect it now.

No Blame for this loss on players. It solely lies in the coaches laps. Coach better, call different plays, we win (or have a better shot)

Like I said before, I would rather an elite team blow us out than beat us with a last second FG. Its like getting sucker punched and getting knocked out vs getting into a straight up fight and getting your *** whooped. At least in the *** whooping you know you had a fighting chance and were just not as good. Losing like this is like the sucker punch.

so a Rodgers fumble has NOTHING to do with the loss?

All coaches fault?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the designed QB sneak instead of having a solid run game in Kuhn at the goal line?

ABSOLUTELY

thats a Brett excuse

The coaches did not fumble the ball

Plain and simple..Coaches give players the play, players execute, Rodgers failed

so if Rodgers wouldnt have fumbled but they kicked a FG

Who wins?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our line has stepped up, but they still cannot enforce a will against anyone for any consistency. Watching Colledge get penalties is like watching Bush F*ck up.

You just expect it now.

No Blame for this loss on players. It solely lies in the coaches laps. Coach better, call different plays, we win (or have a better shot)

Like I said before, I would rather an elite team blow us out than beat us with a last second FG. Its like getting sucker punched and getting knocked out vs getting into a straight up fight and getting your *** whooped. At least in the *** whooping you know you had a fighting chance and were just not as good. Losing like this is like the sucker punch.[/QUOTE]
No where in that part of your message did it make any sense.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
none of which happened. Not placing the fumble on the coaches, but the playcall being a QB sneak due OBVIOUSLY to the lack of a solid rushing attack gameplan, yes, that fall on coaching. QBs are not expected to run. They are expect to pass. Policy is in place to give the QB up due to their lack of running ability (the slide).

Would you place the blame on a goal line pick if we had dialed up a HB pass by jackson to quarless on Jackson?

Or would you smack your head and say "WTF was THAT!?!?"

Rodgers is not a RB. Would you blame him for missing a 30 yd FG?

Point is, if we had ran the ball with someone who SHOULD be running the ball inside the 5, things may have been different. No way to change it now.

Either way, you are wrong on whatever point you are trying to make.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
none of which happened. Not placing the fumble on the coaches, but the playcall being a QB sneak due OBVIOUSLY to the lack of a solid rushing attack gameplan, yes, that fall on coaching. QBs are not expected to run. They are expect to pass. Policy is in place to give the QB up due to their lack of running ability (the slide).

Would you place the blame on a goal line pick if we had dialed up a HB pass by jackson to quarless on Jackson?

Point is, if we had ran the ball with someone who SHOULD be running the ball inside the 5, things may have been different. No way to change it now.

Do we know if the coaches even made that call? arod seems to love the sneak and for good reason this is the first time I remember it being stoped.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM post game press conference:

(On the quarterback sneaks, we both of those called by you?)
One was a check, the first one was a check, the second one was called.
(What did you think happened or what did you hear from Aaron about the second one?)
I didn’t really talk to Aaron about the second one; he hit his funny bone on the play. Upstairs we felt we had the apex in the A-gap, but the ball came out on the initial hit, was the information I was given.

All available at packers.com

again, neither one worked. called or not. If we had a decent short field running game, it would either a: be a non issue, or b: give the D something to think about.

Everyone watching the game, players and coaches all saw QB sneak coming, and we paid for it.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM post game press conference:

(On the quarterback sneaks, we both of those called by you?)
One was a check, the first one was a check, the second one was called.
(What did you think happened or what did you hear from Aaron about the second one?)
I didn’t really talk to Aaron about the second one; he hit his funny bone on the play. Upstairs we felt we had the apex in the A-gap, but the ball came out on the initial hit, was the information I was given.

All available at packers.com
thanks!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Was the sneak (if it was from MM and Rodgers didnt audible to that) yeah its an odd play call..

But again the players have to execute the play, and Rodgers didnt

About your "Example"
If Jackson throws a pick on goal line, it is wrong call.... but he threw the pick, so he deserves blame

Not so sure why your so hell bent on saying its the coaches fault for a fumble

I am not wrong, and neither are you...We are pointing out OUR OPINION and this instance the way we look at it is subjective..

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true to the point of it comes down to players to execute, but again, asking a qb to run is like asking a DT to kick a fg (example: SUH). Nobody blamed the game on him for missing, and had that been the game winner or tying FG attempt, nobody would have blamed him.

They would blame the coaching.

I am not hell bent on blaming MM for the call, I am bent on the game plan that was used today. I am bent on the 19+ penalties against the bears. I am bent on the OT calls on offense and defense against the Redskins and Dolphins. The players are not always culpable when the average fan watching the games can call our plays from the tv set. What happens when your the pro in the game? think they cant call them also? There is a reason to be a bit miffed watching the same things happen for several seasons.

Just look at the ST play. Should we be mad at the player for the last 5 years for sucking on coverage? OR do we begin to question how well these players are coached up?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another MM quote from today:

(How much confidence do you have in your short-yardage running game?)
Short yardage? Well the third-and-one in the goal line, I actually tried to call a timeout, that’s a bad play selection on my part, the first third-and-one down there where we kicked the field goal. They substituted to a goal line defense late and frankly, I didn’t like what I saw in some of the running game, and we felt very good about the match-ups we had outside, so that’s why we went with so much spread.

Even he is saying he isnt calling a good game...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
omg I KNOW there were bad calls..

Where am I disagreeing?

You blame coaches for putting wrong players in certain spots, and that is fine..Sometimes that is absolutely okay to be pissed about..

But I cant do that with the Rodgers fumble...I was screaming for a roll out to the right and a blocker in front of Rodgers..That way he can pass or run...But it didnt happen...

When the defense failed MM re-did the whole staff...

I am hoping he does that this year with s/t cuz I do agree with you that our s/t is far from special and need a new change

When we lose everyone finds fault with everything....This team has shown they can and will fix things..But hate to harp on it yet once again...But MM is stuck with the guys he is stuck with..So we can ***** and moan in a 4 pages essay about it...OR try to understand that sometimes you cant make a cake with dirt and grass

Maybe in practice the players executed some of those plays perfect...Maybe in practice they saw a formation from the D that "play A" worked...But game time it didnt..

I dont know...But when we beat the JETS at the time at their house crushed the Vikings, and Cowboys and got both coaches fired, I think this coaching staff KNOWS for the most part what they are doing

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I agree...

But tell me, who can we get now?

Same one we could have got 4 weeks ago...

NO ONE

But several here argued with me about it weeks ago and were fine with B.J. then.. how come? Too late to get someone now, but Nance is still a better option (more decisive) and call me crazy but we didn't put Starks on IR for a reason. Here's to crossing our fingers..

.. And those here blaming the o-line.. lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But several here argued with me about it weeks ago and were fine with B.J. then.. how come? Too late to get someone now, but Nance is still a better option (more decisive) and call me crazy but we didn't put Starks on IR for a reason. Here's to crossing our fingers..

I was one that argued cuz there was no one else out there!!

I said BJ is average and will only get us 50 yards a game..I want to see him get 20 + carries a game

My hope is that the coaches and Ted WILL get a proven RB in FA next year and not wait till injury

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was one that argued cuz there was no one else out there!!

I said BJ is average and will only get us 50 yards a game..I want to see him get 20 + carries a game

My hope is that the coaches and Ted WILL get a proven RB in FA next year and not wait till injury

To be fair, it wasn't just you, but yea..

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Indeed. Like it or not, and I don't think anybody likes it, we're stuck with Jackson.

I've made plenty of anti-Ryan Grant posts here in the past, but damn do I miss him now. I'd give anything to have a consistent 1100 yard back again.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson ranks in the bottom half of the league in all rushing categories. Granted, some of that is due to not touching the ball as much as other backs but a lot of it has to do with his ineffectiveness as a ball carrier.

The guy is a solid 3rd down back who does well catching passes out of the backfield and helping with pass protection but he is a not a great full time back.

I can't understand the anti-Grant crowd. Sure, it would be nice if we had Adrian Peterson but Grant has played well and been a very solid back for the last three seasons. Grant plays in a pass oriented offense and has managed two 1,200 yard seasons and a 900 yard season (with only starting 9 games). I just can't get behind the Grant bashing, I'd love to have him out there right now.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had OZone Blocking it would be ok. Unfortunately we have DTs and DEs blocking our O-line.

DZone Blocking was the non-run program yesterday.

Fortunately, our entire O-Line is one bunch of Big Boys who can get the job done or else. The coaches need to jack them up and of they can't do it next week in the first half, let's see some of Lang and Spitz out there.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh knoes our running back was less than stellar yesterday!!11!!11!!!!!1!! He couldn't escape 3 defenders in the back field on almost every run play, oh knoes!!!!1!!11!!!!!

Jesus Christ guys, **** and quit your whining. Not one person here has said Jackson is a "Great" running back. He's good. That's it. Not great. Not outstanding. Just good. If you don't like the word good, then substitute it for serviceable, or even workable.

FWIW, Lynch- 2.9 ypc yesterday against the #7 rushing defense in the league. Jackson- 2.6 against the #6. WOW, HUGE difference there!

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. He had a bad day yesterday. It happens, you move on.

My big question with the running game is why we didn't get Kuhn involved. The guy has been great at picking up short yardage when we need them.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He's good. That's it. Not great. Not outstanding. Just good.
This is where we have a disagreement. I don't think he's even good. He's average... maybe.

He's now under 4 yards per carry this year. That's my benchmark. Under that isn't good enough. He's been over that in only 3 games this year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Oh knoes our running back was less than stellar yesterday!!11!!11!!!!!1!! He couldn't escape 3 defenders in the back field on almost every run play, oh knoes!!!!1!!11!!!!!

Jesus Christ guys, **** and quit your whining. Not one person here has said Jackson is a "Great" running back. He's good. That's it. Not great. Not outstanding. Just good. If you don't like the word good, then substitute it for serviceable, or even workable.

FWIW, Lynch- 2.9 ypc yesterday against the #7 rushing defense in the league. Jackson- 2.6 against the #6. WOW, HUGE difference there!

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. He had a bad day yesterday. It happens, you move on.

My big question with the running game is why we didn't get Kuhn involved. The guy has been great at picking up short yardage when we need them.

I didn't watch the SEA game, but I'd bet Lynch got them a 1st on 3rd and 1. That's something Jackson didn't do. I don't even call that workable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts