1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the run

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by steveGB, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

why the hell is leach even in question... the only reason he played against the bears is because hendo couldnt go. leach is an average at best player and we wont miss him. he had nothing spectacular to do with ahmans 110 against chicago that Henderson couldnt have done. Leach is gone and he is playing with the saints... who only amassed 56 total rushing yards with two very good RBs. so leach aint helping there either.

of all the problems we apparently have.... none of them have anything to do with Vonta Leach. If Vonta Leach played safety or nickle back he would be a big loss... but he backs up one of the better fullbacks in the league so he is no big loss.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Packer Fan Since:

Like arguing with my ex gf. Jus starting flinging comments around that have no pertinence to the discussion once so ever in hopes of taking the focus off one self an onto someone else. Kind of childish, yes?

You were called out and made look a fool. get over it. Happens to everyone, even me ... on a daily basis lol ... however this time it was you :p

3. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Packer Fan Since:
    From what I heard at the start of the game, NO game plan was to put 8 in the box to stop the run and make Favre beat them, which he did for 27pts.Only thing Brees got 34pts.

4. Zero2Cool

Packer Fan Since:
    Hmm well their plan worked, they won :( dangummit!!

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

exactly. all those pass plays arent that BAD, when they work. and for the most part, it worked great for GB(1 int).

unfortunately our pass D was bad bad bad bad bad.

6. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

OK, Genius... Would you like to explain why the run was abandoned against the Saints then?

7. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Packer Fan Since:
    Hence the 55 pass atts.

8. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Vonte Leach is NOT the reason we didn't run the ball well. Shoot, when Henderson went down, the concern was whether Leach could handle the responsibility. I'd say it's our young line and new system. I wouldn't be concerned about poor run production until about week 8, but we do need to stick with it in order to learn it. If Brett's throwing 50 times a game, we're not going to learn how to run the ball.

9. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

You forgot to blame Brett's accuracy as to why they lost on Sunday in this post. Maybe you should put it in your signature.

3 TD's and over 300 yards on this awful Packer team. Yeah, I'd say his accuracy is gone.

10. Zero2Cool

Packer Fan Since:
    Brett's accuracy?
    or
    WR bad route running?

11. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

I know what your answer would be.

12. Zero2Cool

Packer Fan Since:
    I bet you're wrong. You are probably assuming from my signature I will put it soley on Brett.

After reviewing the film I have to say Jennings ran some poor routes. Brett could have put the ball in better locations, but I think its more on Jennings.

He's young so he will improve.

13. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

It is only smart for opposing teams to take away the run and put the Packers in a more predictable position of having to throw it. Bf is hard enough to defend when you know it's coming let alone not knowing what they might do next.

It did not help that the defense did not hold up it's end because the Pack could have afforded to be more patient and run it more if thy didn't have to be so concerned with what the Saints would do when they got the ball back.

You can only afford to stay with a game plan like this if you have the confidence in your "D". Otherwise they have to do whatever is necessary to hold onto the ball and score points when they have it.

14. tonytokes

tonytokes Cheesehead

Haha Pyle getting picked on again. His arguments really *are* like arguing with your ex girlfriend. Sometimes you just shake your head and blink your eyes to make sure you're reading/hearing correctly.

But you're fun, pyle. I like you. I'm down with the program.

Basically, though... everyone's wrong. :D

MM stated in his press conference that their gameplan this week was completely DIFFERENT. He didnt say "well we lost Vonta so we're not gonna run anymore". He said that they felt that they matched up better in the air against the Saints and that his offensive priority was this: 1. Pass 2. Get the QB out of the Pocket (Pass) and 3. Run the ball.

Given that it was the team's third priority I dont have a hard time understanding why the production was down.

Coulda been leach though. .............. heh.