the run

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why the hell is leach even in question... the only reason he played against the bears is because hendo couldnt go. leach is an average at best player and we wont miss him. he had nothing spectacular to do with ahmans 110 against chicago that Henderson couldnt have done. Leach is gone and he is playing with the saints... who only amassed 56 total rushing yards with two very good RBs. so leach aint helping there either.

of all the problems we apparently have.... none of them have anything to do with Vonta Leach. If Vonta Leach played safety or nickle back he would be a big loss... but he backs up one of the better fullbacks in the league so he is no big loss.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Blocking wasn't good so Green didn't look good. Why this changed from last week when this team was playing a DRAMATICALLY worse defense is the question.

How was it different? Since you need this drawn out for you because you can somehow know everything about football but have no common logic once so ever.

I have quoted a post of your saying the blocking wasn't good. Then you question why it was changed.

This is where I ask.

How was it different? How were they blocking different?

IF you still do not understand the question when I get home I can draw you pictures if you'd like. or maybe you will continue to use ignorance as a way to dodge a question.

Yeah pretty cocky response there buddy, keep calling me ignorant because you obviously can't figure out that good RUNNING revolves around good BLOCKING. Don't worry, Ted can't figure it out either.

I can see this eludes you judging by your response in the previous post where you stated Leach not being there was a non-factor. You stated Green couldn't get to the next level and having Leach would not have changed that, which is silly silly stuff. Do you realize thats what FB's are for?

Nowhere did I claim I knew more than you did Zero, but you obviously feel this way hence your little "because you can somehow know everything about football" message above that you love to use because you feel intimidated. That sure is telling!

Like arguing with my ex gf. Jus starting flinging comments around that have no pertinence to the discussion once so ever in hopes of taking the focus off one self an onto someone else. Kind of childish, yes?

You were called out and made look a fool. get over it. Happens to everyone, even me ... on a daily basis lol ... however this time it was you :p

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
From what I heard at the start of the game, NO game plan was to put 8 in the box to stop the run and make Favre beat them, which he did for 27pts.Only thing Brees got 34pts.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly. all those pass plays arent that BAD, when they work. and for the most part, it worked great for GB(1 int).

unfortunately our pass D was bad bad bad bad bad.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
why the hell is leach even in question... the only reason he played against the bears is because hendo couldnt go. leach is an average at best player and we wont miss him. he had nothing spectacular to do with ahmans 110 against chicago that Henderson couldnt have done. Leach is gone and he is playing with the saints... who only amassed 56 total rushing yards with two very good RBs. so leach aint helping there either.

of all the problems we apparently have.... none of them have anything to do with Vonta Leach. If Vonta Leach played safety or nickle back he would be a big loss... but he backs up one of the better fullbacks in the league so he is no big loss.

OK, Genius... Would you like to explain why the run was abandoned against the Saints then?

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
60six said:
From what I heard at the start of the game, NO game plan was to put 8 in the box to stop the run and make Favre beat them, which he did for 27pts.Only thing Brees got 34pts.

Hence the 55 pass atts.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vonte Leach is NOT the reason we didn't run the ball well. Shoot, when Henderson went down, the concern was whether Leach could handle the responsibility. I'd say it's our young line and new system. I wouldn't be concerned about poor run production until about week 8, but we do need to stick with it in order to learn it. If Brett's throwing 50 times a game, we're not going to learn how to run the ball.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
Vonte Leach is NOT the reason we didn't run the ball well. Shoot, when Henderson went down, the concern was whether Leach could handle the responsibility. I'd say it's our young line and new system. I wouldn't be concerned about poor run production until about week 8, but we do need to stick with it in order to learn it. If Brett's throwing 50 times a game, we're not going to learn how to run the ball.

You forgot to blame Brett's accuracy as to why they lost on Sunday in this post. Maybe you should put it in your signature.

3 TD's and over 300 yards on this awful Packer team. Yeah, I'd say his accuracy is gone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
majikman said:
I know what your answer would be.

I bet you're wrong. You are probably assuming from my signature I will put it soley on Brett.

After reviewing the film I have to say Jennings ran some poor routes. Brett could have put the ball in better locations, but I think its more on Jennings.

He's young so he will improve.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is only smart for opposing teams to take away the run and put the Packers in a more predictable position of having to throw it. Bf is hard enough to defend when you know it's coming let alone not knowing what they might do next.

It did not help that the defense did not hold up it's end because the Pack could have afforded to be more patient and run it more if thy didn't have to be so concerned with what the Saints would do when they got the ball back.

You can only afford to stay with a game plan like this if you have the confidence in your "D". Otherwise they have to do whatever is necessary to hold onto the ball and score points when they have it.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha Pyle getting picked on again. His arguments really *are* like arguing with your ex girlfriend. Sometimes you just shake your head and blink your eyes to make sure you're reading/hearing correctly.

But you're fun, pyle. I like you. I'm down with the program.

Basically, though... everyone's wrong. :D

MM stated in his press conference that their gameplan this week was completely DIFFERENT. He didnt say "well we lost Vonta so we're not gonna run anymore". He said that they felt that they matched up better in the air against the Saints and that his offensive priority was this: 1. Pass 2. Get the QB out of the Pocket (Pass) and 3. Run the ball.

Given that it was the team's third priority I dont have a hard time understanding why the production was down.

Coulda been leach though. .............. heh.

Members online

Latest posts