The RR curse

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a funny thought I had about some of our recent 1rst round draft busts dating back to the Mike Sherman era. It seems like the Packers have a knack for putting their faith in college players with double R's in their last name.

1. Amad Carroll
2. Justin Harrell
and dare I say.....Derrick Sherrod??? I'm not saying he's a bust yet, because he has only been here for a year, but I'm hoping he breaks this curse.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
That's a whole new theory that I'll bet nobody else ever thought of (<------ certain degree of sarcasm), but never say, "Never". Does 2nd round count? - Randall Cobb. Would Bart Starr fall into that category?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a funny thought I had about some of our recent 1rst round draft busts dating back to the Mike Sherman era. It seems like the Packers have a knack for putting their faith in college players with double R's in their last name.

1. Amad Carroll
2. Justin Harrell
and dare I say.....Derrick Sherrod??? I'm not saying he's a bust yet, because he has only been here for a year, but I'm hoping he breaks this curse.

It is impossible to lable Sherrod anything. He was a rookie offensive lineman on a Super Bowl Champion. He was behind Clifton, Bulaga and Newhouse to begin the season. Let him recover from his broken leg and get some playing time.

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a whole new theory that I'll bet nobody else ever thought of (<------ certain degree of sarcasm), but never say, "Never". Does 2nd round count? - Randall Cobb. Would Bart Starr fall into that category?

Cobb doesn't count in this circumstance but Starr. does....I was talking about more recent drafts like 2000-2011

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is impossible to lable Sherrod anything. He was a rookie offensive lineman on a Super Bowl Champion. He was behind Clifton, Bulaga and Newhouse to begin the season. Let him recover from his broken leg and get some playing time.

I know that's why I said I don't consider him a bust yet...but it was just a joke that if he does turn out to be a bust we can blame his name

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

"Cobb" has double "RR"?

Denzel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAI GUIZ, i R guY wHo is RRRREEEEEEEELLLLLeeeeeee smart, kkz? Okay, now we establish3d dat, let me speeeek. i M goin 2 baseeee my draffft on playyers nameeees: hmmmm thiss meciless pass rusha from ILLINOIS seeems okay...but His name is MERCILESSS, he must be MERCILESS on da field, u know, cuz namees meen EVERYTHING IN FOOTBALL, havin a name is half da battle and ThAnk God he doesntt have a duble RR in his name, God forbid, he wuld have busted all ova da field, y cant Teddy Thomsun see the patternn, we R screwed u gaiz :'( like did if you cry every tiem :'(

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAI GUIZ, i R guY wHo is RRRREEEEEEEELLLLLeeeeeee smart, kkz? Okay, now we establish3d dat, let me speeeek. i M goin 2 baseeee my draffft on playyers nameeees: hmmmm thiss meciless pass rusha from ILLINOIS seeems okay...but His name is MERCILESSS, he must be MERCILESS on da field, u know, cuz namees meen EVERYTHING IN FOOTBALL, havin a name is half da battle and ThAnk God he doesntt have a duble RR in his name, God forbid, he wuld have busted all ova da field, y cant Teddy Thomsun see the patternn, we R screwed u gaiz :'( like did if you cry every tiem :'(

Wow man I can't tell if your speaking Ebonics, a bad typist, or trying to make a joke. Which ever it is it's pretty sad. Oh by the way Merilus doesn't have a double R so he's ok

Denzel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALL OF MY RAGE!!! Do you guys really believe in curses? Especially with names? I don't know if you are making a joke, but it's make me mad. You win, troll.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe in curses. Especially the SB curse. It is interisting that the last 11 SB losers have not won a post season game the following year. Will the Pats break that cycle? We'll hafta wait & see. I say we get our 5th SB title next year.

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen....its just an observation. If we go out and draft someone with the last name Harrell, I'm not going to automatically say that he is going to be a bust. Look at Graham Harrell, I like what he has done and we didn't even draft him. I just thought it was funny how some of our first round picks have similarities in their names. There is no curse...just an obseration

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Listen....its just an observation. If we go out and draft someone with the last name Harrell, I'm not going to automatically say that he is going to be a bust. Look at Graham Harrell, I like what he has done and we didn't even draft him. I just thought it was funny how some of our first round picks have similarities in their names. There is no curse...just an obseration
Don't sweat it. You got 15 responses out of the post. Gave us something to discuss.

Denzel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come across so mean. I just signed up to this site and am taking it too seriously.

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
I hated Sherrod in last years draft, I had him pegged as a third round prospect. Surprised the Packers took him. Then again, when you win the Super Bowl, you can take more risks. Possibly like what the Giants might do if Burfict falls in our lap.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe in curses. Especially the SB curse. It is interisting that the last 11 SB losers have not won a post season game the following year. Will the Pats break that cycle? We'll hafta wait & see. I say we get our 5th SB title next year.

This is very late but I never noticed this before. One in fact did win a game, the cardinals back in 2010 playoffs against..............well I don't want to remember.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Amad Carroll
2. Justin Harrell
Remember Bart StaRR? Of course u remember him. He was the QB that helped us win 5 championships in 7 years. Check out his last name. Double R

Members online

Latest posts