the root of the problem ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that at some point, common sense needs to prevail in this discussion and really, until the season has played out a bit more, neither side can be considered more accurate.

I think this Rouse decision was strictly a "panic" move by TT. He knew the dude sucked long ago, but cutting him without having drafted a suitable backup would be silly, right??? Well, now he cuts him without insurance. And of all positions to throw caution to the wind to, ya know?

Although it's still early, it appears TT may be losing control.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
then why did he have 1 td and 5 ints in 07 in a 3 or 4 game stretch when according to you, that line was just as bad

But, didn't Brett win 13 games during the regular season in 2007???

QB stats don't reveal the entire truth. Go research the number of yards rushing and yards per carry for that "3 or 4 game stretch" and you'll have a good idea on why Favre's numbers were down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that at some point, common sense needs to prevail in this discussion and really, until the season has played out a bit more, neither side can be considered more accurate.

I think this Rouse decision was strictly a "panic" move by TT. He knew the dude sucked long ago, but cutting him without having drafted a suitable backup would be silly, right??? Well, now he cuts him without insurance. And of all positions to throw caution to the wind to, ya know?

Although it's still early, it appears TT may be losing control.

Might be Collins is really okay..

we just flip flopped players it seems so the depth really is the same?

and once again this was a player Ted drafted and he is releasing him..That does not tell me his ego is to big (for those that keep saying it )

He will AND can release players if and the he staff feel its the right move

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But, didn't Brett win 13 games during the regular season in 2007???

QB stats don't reveal the entire truth. Go research the number of yards rushing and yards per carry for that "3 or 4 game stretch" and you'll have a good idea on why Favre's numbers were down.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD!! LOL

I am just trying to point out --- do not put those 3 or 4 wins on Brett, when in fact it was the S/T and D that really got those wins...The line was just as bad those games but yet how did they pull out the wins?

But here are your stats for the games Brett was 1 td and 7 ints

Philly- 46 yards 2.7 per

Chicago ( 1st game ) 121 yards 5.5 per

Washington- 56 yards 2.8 per

Cowboy game 124 yards 6.5 per..however since Brett was knocked out these are the stats up until he was knocked out..Grant 79 yards- 11.2 per
(had that 62 yarder)

So two games seemed the line did GREAT and 2 games the line did poor..

Really doesnt prove anything other than that the line was inconsistent

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Solid? This team is as solid as Mcburgers gut. TT needs to go. His gm model is broken and how many losing seasons are we going to have to endure until people realize that he's bad at his job? People can blame the coach and he should share in it, but lets not forget who picked this guy. We passed over some good people for him, its not like there wasn't anyone else available. Yes we have a flashy offense, but what else do we have? But nobody wants to admit this and come to terms that we need a change. Take the homer glasses off people and see that this team is going nowhere fast.

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT was made some bad decisions but he has made plenty of good ones. TT needs to realize that he can spend the cap money - he does not have to save a quarter of it every year. I am starting to wonder if he gets a bonus for not spending all the cap money. I do think he needs to quit trying to fill the SS on the cheap. Not much out there in free agency this year or the draft, unless we are picking in the Top 10 (Mays or Berry). As of right now I think TTs priorities this off season should be LT, RT, SS and LOLB. It's only been two games and I think GB has the players to make the play-offs. With that said I GB will be picking in the later part of the first round where GB is unlikely to get a OT or SS. I am with you if GB finishes 6-10 again and if that happens TT and MM need to go. I would make Capers the HC.

If Colledge shows he can play LT on a good foot then TT should re-sign him. If Barbre continues to get better then RT is not a priority. If not GB needs to look to free agency to fill the RT spot. Tyson Clabo is an option, but Atlanta will probably franchise him. Trueblood is another option, but Tampa has a lot of cap room. Picket is probably lookin at starting NT money because 3-4 NTs will be in demand. I think we pay him eventhough we have Raji and need to re-sign Jolly. The guy I would really like to see TT sign is Gocong. I think he would be ideal at LOLB. I'd would not re-sign Kampman unless by seasons end he is playing lights out. I believe Chillar and Bishop are going to be free agents. During the off season I did get the big deal and the linebackers with the switch to the 3-4, but I get it. I really like Hawk, but I think he best suited for the 4-3 so I would trade him. Same with Barnett. I think Chillar and Bishop are better 3-4 backers. Pitt's Ryan Clark is scheduled to be a FA and if I was TT I would strongely consider him. Can Collins play SS? Can Clark play SS? Maybe Giradano will prove to be a blessing. Again, TT needs to open the wallet, but do not overpay for one year wonders. So far he has done a pretty good job of not doing that. Williams has been a flop at Cleveland and Cole was not worth 20+ million when Pickett is coming up on FA.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RJay715;24768 I also have to mention that our offensive line looked good in the preseason. Why fix something that wasn't broken? It obviously is broken and something needs to be done said:
Thats where (O-line) I give TT a break, MM mismanagement of preseason is the real reason the Pack has started 1-1. MM did not use the first 2 preseason games for the first string lineups to run simple and basic plays to evaluate individual talent and one on one talent. If he had done so the O-line problems would have showed up early and given TT some time to do something about. Instead MM opened up the play book while the defenses they were lining up agianst were in basic formations to evaluate their individual talent, not playing to win the game like we did.

I think the GM and Head Coach have a key working relationship, remember TT is dealing $$$'s, he can't just go after talent alone, the $$$'s have to be right.

MM's evaluation of talent and strengths as they relate to his game calling are key information MM needs to communicate to TT. Thats where I think MM clearly failed this preseason on giving TT a fair read on the O-line.

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the O-line still running primarily ZBS or has it gone back to a more traditional blocking scheme? I know there was talk of using more man-on-man blocking.

MARCOPO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, maybe yes, maybe no. Perhaps I've just read too many diatribes on TT. Heck, I've even writen a few. If you are going to bash, be at least just. His choice of Rodgers overcomes a whole bunch of sins, does it not? His courage for doing the right thing with Farve. Of course, if you are a Farve fanatic, you could never agree.
My singlemost critism of TT, is that he has kept this team too young. Some of that is monetary, but the sum result is always going to be inconsistent play. IMHO, we need more veteran players to teach these kiddies how, and what it takes to win. The rub there is having the right veteran. Gotta love Woodson.

OP
OP
mike bat

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok guys i know many here get into the nitty gritty details of every aspect of the packers play ... this is good ,, however at the end of the day the olny thing that matters is that score board ... i knew some would get up set ,, that wasnt my intention ... my concern is ,, i just wanted people to step back and look at what has happened here in green bay ... we used to win at home ,, the team used to go the extra mile when playing a home game ... i know TT wants his own green bay team ,, one he made .. we all know this .. my point is ,, when is enough enough ??? and how long should we sit back and allow our lambeau field to tanted by other teams and chad johnson ... its our house ,, i say if it is dirty we need to clean it ... if we have to start at the top ,, get it done ... there is no reason we should sit back and watch this team get run through the mud ... i know we have a whole season a head ... im also aware the pack could shine in the north and make the playoffs ( IM PREYING ),, however if we have another season void of playoffs ... i say its over for TT ... bottom line

MARCOPO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the O-line still running primarily ZBS or has it gone back to a more traditional blocking scheme? I know there was talk of using more man-on-man blocking.
yes, zone blocking is their thing. Haven't run ball enough for better gauge of power block usage

MARCOPO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As fans, we have limited knowledge of what is fixed and what is broken. We rely on media and Packers to tell us what's going on. It was broken. I'm alittle angry cause I feel lied to in a way. Giowhatever can't play. Why is he on the roster? Duke Preston was a decent backup. Why was he cut? Why have they risked the season on so basic a problem. Why do they constantly keep players on roster who can't play?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As fans, we have limited knowledge of what is fixed and what is broken. We rely on media and Packers to tell us what's going on. It was broken. I'm alittle angry cause I feel lied to in a way. Giowhatever can't play. Why is he on the roster? Duke Preston was a decent backup. Why was he cut? Why have they risked the season on so basic a problem. Why do they constantly keep players on roster who can't play?

They shouldn't tell the public reasons why they keep players/cut players..IMO that will give away some of what THEY believe are ways of giving out their plans on how they run their roster.

There are things going on in closed door practices, meetings and such that the media and the public are not away of at all, and those wiegh on reasons on why players are on/off roster

I hate that we don't get the entire truth all the time. Only bits and pieces come out...Ted really ****** me off all the time and do does MM when they don't let out exact reasons for something.

If I could change one thing it would be that they would always give EXACT reasons for things..Not just the p/c bs crap.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ok guys i know many here get into the nitty gritty details of every aspect of the packers play ... this is good ,, however at the end of the day the olny thing that matters is that score board ... i knew some would get up set ,, that wasnt my intention ... my concern is ,, i just wanted people to step back and look at what has happened here in green bay ... we used to win at home ,, the team used to go the extra mile when playing a home game ... i know TT wants his own green bay team ,, one he made .. we all know this .. my point is ,, when is enough enough ??? and how long should we sit back and allow our lambeau field to tanted by other teams and chad johnson ... its our house ,, i say if it is dirty we need to clean it ... if we have to start at the top ,, get it done ... there is no reason we should sit back and watch this team get run through the mud ... i know we have a whole season a head ... im also aware the pack could shine in the north and make the playoffs ( IM PREYING ),, however if we have another season void of playoffs ... i say its over for TT ... bottom line

If they are in the thick of a playoff spot till the last game of the year, Ted will still be here..

If they really tank for what ever reasons other THAN major injuries to key players, Ted should be gone.

But I think that this team was in good shape starting last year...

If you step back and look at the 07 season, there were 3 games the D/ST won games for us..

08, the D didn't pull out 2 wins imo...The Panther and Tenn games if I recall right..Crosby then missed 2 fg....That would have been 4 wins I believe they should have won, that would been a 10-6 record at very least..Tied with Minny for 1st...But would have got division cuz of the head to head with Minny

So the big things that caused them to miss the crown was the D if you ask me, and they addressed that in offseason..

Just my take and looking at it by taking a step back

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they are in the thick of a playoff spot till the last game of the year, Ted will still be here..

If they really tank for what ever reasons other THAN major injuries to key players, Ted should be gone.

But I think that this team was in good shape starting last year...

If you step back and look at the 07 season, there were 3 games the D/ST won games for us..

08, the D didn't pull out 2 wins imo...The Panther and Tenn games if I recall right..Crosby then missed 2 fg....That would have been 4 wins I believe they should have won, that would been a 10-6 record at very least..Tied with Minny for 1st...But would have got division cuz of the head to head with Minny

So the big things that caused them to miss the crown was the D if you ask me, and they addressed that in offseason..

Just my take and looking at it by taking a step back

Every bad team in the NFL can go back and say "if x y an z happend we would have been better". Bottom line is this team is fraudulent and not as complete as advertised.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Every bad team in the NFL can go back and say "if x y an z happend we would have been better". Bottom line is this team is fraudulent and not as complete as advertised.

You didnt listen?

The D in 07 pulled out wins, where as in 08 they didnt....Go back and look at those game sin 07 it either was a fluke how they won then or last year was a fluke

They fixed, or addressed the bad D this offseason.

And yes if grandma had balls she would be grandpa I get that

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You didnt listen?

The D in 07 pulled out wins, where as in 08 they didnt....Go back and look at those games in 07..... it either was a fluke how they won then or last year was a fluke..I say last year was a fluke...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didnt listen?

The D in 07 pulled out wins, where as in 08 they didnt....Go back and look at those games in 07..... it either was a fluke how they won then or last year was a fluke..I say last year was a fluke...

How do you say the fixed the bad d this year? This D is not anywhere near good except in the to catagory which have come via many bad decisions form 2 qb's we faced. From what i have seen it hasn't been all that better. And I did listen to what you said and you are saying what every fan that is grasping for a glimmer of hope says about their team.

I'm not trying to start anything as I can see what you are trying to day, but you hear this all the time and I think it keeps people from facing the facts. Last year the pack as a whole wasn't good.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't seem to understand why TT is so hell-bent on assembling the "best for the least amount of money" type of team.

Hey - that's my modus operandi in life - not spending more than I absolutely must, but there's a payoff for me in the end. Where's the payoff for TT? Does he think anybody really cares that he spends 25% less than an average NFL team, especially when he has shown great difficulty in fielding teams that can consistently produce "winning" NFL seasons???

I'll admit, I'm rarely hoodwinked, but it appears Beavis and Butthead got me with the fabricated preseason success. Fool me once ...

The way TT has assembled the current team and the way in which Mac coaches has me continually waiting for the other shoe to drop. This team is frightfully inconsistent. Does anybody really believe if Green Bay beats Minnesota on the road that the team has finally "turned the corner"??? The many faces of Eve-like showings of Green Bay is certainly more frustrating than just being a bad team.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will be in the game with Minnesota. I am not expecting a blowout from the Vikings because they have yet to show that they have the ability to amass a lot of points within a short amount of time. Now if the pack tries to arm tackle AP then they will be in a world of hurt but I believe they are past that now.

They will prolly load the box against him and blitz aggresively trying to force Favre into some bad throws which might work but they have three weeks of film to study for this and to game plan for it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you say the fixed the bad d this year? This D is not anywhere near good except in the to catagory which have come via many bad decisions form 2 qb's we faced. .

Fixed or ADDRESSED

Given what the issue was last year they addressed it did they not? that being the D..

Meaning they saw same thing I did and thought it has to be fixed..

Now if it is week 8 and this d is still allowing all kinds 100 yar rushes then yes it didnt get fixed..

but lets wait and see..

It damn week 3 and people are ready to throw in the towel on a 2-1 team

Minnesota is not exactly blowing by people...They have had issues just as much, just a little lucky that they have faced teams that might not be as good.

Meaning their 3 teams so far are probably not as good as the 3 the Packers faced (frank gore out with ankle in 1st quarter damaged the niners a lot)

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fixed or ADDRESSED

Given what the issue was last year they addressed it did they not? that being the D..

Meaning they saw same thing I did and thought it has to be fixed..

Now if it is week 8 and this d is still allowing all kinds 100 yar rushes then yes it didnt get fixed..

but lets wait and see..

It damn week 3 and people are ready to throw in the towel on a 2-1 team

Minnesota is not exactly blowing by people...They have had issues just as much, just a little lucky that they have faced teams that might not be as good.

Meaning their 3 teams so far are probably not as good as the 3 the Packers faced (frank gore out with ankle in 1st quarter damaged the niners a lot)

I see what you are saying and it is a good point that I agree with for the most part. Yes they did address it, but just changing to the 3-4 is only half way there, if at all. They still should have brought in a few players other then what they drafted imo to help this d out. And that is why threads like this exist.
And there is some overreaction to one loss for the Packer faithful I agree iI'm not one of them because I lost my faith in TT long before the Favre(but that was the tipping point) issue and don't expect great things from this team. I dont believe you can build a contender with the TT model. It wasn't one loss for me for I picked them to go 9-7 this year. But it is the NFL and anything can happen...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see what you are saying and it is a good point that I agree with for the most part. Yes they did address it, but just changing to the 3-4 is only half way there, if at all. They still should have brought in a few players other then what they drafted imo to help this d out. And that is why threads like this exist.
And there is some overreaction to one loss for the Packer faithful I agree iI'm not one of them because I lost my faith in TT long before the Favre(but that was the tipping point) issue and don't expect great things from this team. I dont believe you can build a contender with the TT model. It wasn't one loss for me for I picked them to go 9-7 this year. But it is the NFL and anything can happen...

I do not know how many forums you visit, but I can say of the 4 I go to, your assessment of fans have overreaction is an exaggeration....

The majority of fans I see are VERY worried about the o-l..Not worried about the D as much tho..

And TT model did have a contender team built in 07 we all know how that turned out..

I hate the fact they basuicly stood pat on the offensive line..Can't stand it, but tell me..Should i sit here on a forum and cry and whine and call for his head? If so, what does that to in the long run? Get Ted to do something? Get fans to join me and revolt?

It does nothing then arguments,frustration and the like..So you have to try and figure out WHY they are doing what they are and have faith...

Since they GET PAID to evaluate players, they might have a better idea of how to do this then some schmuck on a Packer forum..And I mean ALL posters on a forum,not just you or I LOL

But go ahead beat a dead horse in every post on how Tt sucks and isn't a great gm if it makes you feel better

But do it in this thread cuz we don't like those post clutter up actual football discussions

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know how many forums you visit, but I can say of the 4 I go to, your assessment of fans have overreaction is an exaggeration....

The majority of fans I see are VERY worried about the o-l..Not worried about the D as much tho..

And TT model did have a contender team built in 07 we all know how that turned out..

I hate the fact they basuicly stood pat on the offensive line..Can't stand it, but tell me..Should i sit here on a forum and cry and whine and call for his head? If so, what does that to in the long run? Get Ted to do something? Get fans to join me and revolt?

It does nothing then arguments,frustration and the like..So you have to try and figure out WHY they are doing what they are and have faith...

Since they GET PAID to evaluate players, they might have a better idea of how to do this then some schmuck on a Packer forum..And I mean ALL posters on a forum,not just you or I LOL

But go ahead beat a dead horse in every post on how Tt sucks and isn't a great gm if it makes you feel better

But do it in this thread cuz we don't like those post clutter up actual football discussions

I meant overreaction to the one loss. And you are right about beating a dead horse and should be limited, but this thread is trying to address some of the problems and TT will and should come up.

But your theory about not complaining is flawed. Should the Lions fans have sat and said nothing when Matt Millan was running the team into the ground, have faith and waste their time watching garbage? What about browns and Raider fans? I'm not saying TT is MM but you get my point. You can call the TT bashing whining and crying all you want, but this is sports and it's par for the course. Sports sites in general would be pretty boring if everyone was a lemming and did nothing but say "go team".
You have to remember that he is polarizing gm and given his actions in the past are going to cause more of what you call "whining". If he can build a team that wins and brings us a sb, then you will see threads like this go away, but until he can give us a legit winning team you can expect the dissent.

Members online

Latest posts