The Road to Miami, Florida February 7, 2010

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 - Merge onto "GIVE TT & MM ONE FINAL SEASON (a.k.a. CHANCE) TO PROVE THEMSELVES" Highway.

2 - Take the "DRAFT DE MICHAEL JOHNSON (to complement Kampmann/add depth to the position) OF GEORGIA TECH" Road exit.

3 - Turn left onto "ACQUIRE DT ALBERT HAYNESWORTH (to shore up our swiss cheese run defense/replace the worthless Justin Harrell)" Avenue.

4 - Keep straight until you pass "TRADE CB AL HARRIS FOR CB NNAMDI ASOMUGHA AND A 4TH ROUND PICK" overpass.

5 - Enter the "FIRE BOB SANDERS AND HIRE BRIAN BILLICK FOR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR" Parking Structure.

6 - Pay parking fee of "$44 (XLIV)" at parking toll booth "13-3" on "4TH CHAMPIONSHIP" floor.

7 - Park at section "PACKERS OVER VIKINGS IN THE DIVISIONAL ROUND & PACKERS OVER COWBOYS IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP" on spot "02072010" and arrive at Dolphins Stadium.

If I happened to miss any turns, exits, etc. let me know my fellow cheeseheads. PACKERS in 2009! GO PACK GO!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
DoubleC4 said:
i really dont understand why people want al harris gone so bad. can you tell me this reason for hating al harris?

I agree, granted he may have lost a step after his spleen injury but I think he's still got game. Williams hasn't shown us enough to prove he's ready to be an every down CB yet, (though he does have talent).

IMHO getting rid of Harris would weaken our defense, not strengthen it.

OP
OP
S

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not hating on Harris. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but I base this on the long term outlook. Yes Harris still proves that he can still be a shut down corner but bringing in Asomugha (not like TT will do it anyways) will bring both youth and experience to the position for many years (and Harris isn't getting any younger). Yes we do have Tramon Williams and Aaron Rouse who have been pretty decent when given their chances and Pat Lee (still unproven) but living here in CA and watching Asomugha live several times here in the black hole, this guy can make as much an impact at the CB position as does Harris and Woodson. It's a move for the future. Although it's not the TT way, a guy can dream right?

gman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was way too long and I have no idea what you meant by road to Miami 2010. No offense or personel attacks meant.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spartacheese520 said:
Not hating on Harris. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but I base this on the long term outlook. Yes Harris still proves that he can still be a shut down corner but bringing in Asomugha (not like TT will do it anyways) will bring both youth and experience to the position for many years (and Harris isn't getting any younger). Yes we do have Tramon Williams and Aaron Rouse who have been pretty decent when given their chances and Pat Lee (still unproven) but living here in CA and watching Asomugha live several times here in the black hole, this guy can make as much an impact at the CB position as does Harris and Woodson. It's a move for the future. Although it's not the TT way, a guy can dream right?
That's exactly what we need..... more young players.....

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spartacheese520 said:

I just dont see the raiders given Asoumoua ( cant spell it ha) up in 2009.

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spartacheese520 said:
1 - Merge onto "GIVE TT & MM ONE FINAL SEASON (a.k.a. CHANCE) TO PROVE THEMSELVES" Highway.

2 - Take the "DRAFT DE MICHAEL JOHNSON (to complement Kampmann/add depth to the position) OF GEORGIA TECH" Road exit.

3 - Turn left onto "ACQUIRE DT ALBERT HAYNESWORTH (to shore up our swiss cheese run defense/replace the worthless Justin Harrell)" Avenue.

these two :yes:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love #2 and #3... by shoring-up the defensive line you automatically improve your secondary and linebackers

The pieces are out there for TT to reverse this horrible year

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's wrong with Harris? I mean, you can't spell Al Harris without PASS INTERFERENCE... And GREAT CHOICES. I would love to see all those happening, but what will happen is:
1 - Trade 1st pick for 2 3rd round picks
2 - Trade 2nd pick for 2 4rth round pick
3 - Draft 7 WR's
4 - Let Jennings go
5 - Extend contract of Ryan Grant, pay him double
6 - Extend contract of Johnny Jolly
7 - finish 2009 3-13, losing 10 games under 4 points...

Just see the last drafts and free agents choices... Love Jordy Nelson, but what's his position again?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
What's wrong with Harris? I mean, you can't spell Al Harris without PASS INTERFERENCE... And GREAT CHOICES. I would love to see all those happening, but what will happen is:
1 - Trade 1st pick for 2 3rd round picks
2 - Trade 2nd pick for 2 4rth round pick
3 - Draft 7 WR's
4 - Let Jennings go
5 - Extend contract of Ryan Grant, pay him double
6 - Extend contract of Johnny Jolly
7 - finish 2009 3-13, losing 10 games under 4 points...

Just see the last drafts and free agents choices... Love Jordy Nelson, but what's his position again?

Jordy Nelson was a very confusing pick. I like the guy, but why draft a WR when you already have 4 quality receivers? Wouldn't Dustin Keller have looked better on this team than Nelson? TT needs to stop stock-piling draft picks and get some impact guys. What good is it having the youngest team in the league if they never improve and are constantly replaced by younger, more unproven guys?

Members online

Latest posts