The Ripkowski thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was his fault nor was it a "mistake" that he fumbled.
Just a good heads up strip and recovery play by the defensive Falcons.
We were outplayed on both O and D and there was just no way to stop them.

From what I see, it looks like he tried to put a second hand to cover the ball but just couldn't cover it for some reason and the ball was stripped before he had a chance to.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Anyone else feel their heart sink when you saw the ball come out?

Anyway, I still prefer Rip over Kuhn (Though I miss hearing the Kuuuuhhhhnnnn!!)
Rip seems to get more yards per carry and is harder to stop.
I hope we keep him for a long time.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kid had a great season. Hope he's doing alright today.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was his fault nor was it a "mistake" that he fumbled.
Just a good heads up strip and recovery play by the defensive Falcons.
We were outplayed on both O and D and there was just no way to stop them.

From what I see, it looks like he tried to put a second hand to cover the ball but just couldn't cover it for some reason and the ball was stripped before he had a chance to.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Anyone else feel their heart sink when you saw the ball come out?

Anyway, I still prefer Rip over Kuhn (Though I miss hearing the Kuuuuhhhhnnnn!!)
Rip seems to get more yards per carry and is harder to stop.
I hope we keep him for a long time.
It was his fault thats simple fundamentals, when you run through traffic you get both hands on the ball. Im sure they practice that everyday. Now do i think crap happens yes it happened to rip he was fighting for extra yards had a crowd on him and it was unfortunate it was one too many guys and he got stripped. Lesson learned hell be better next year.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was his fault thats simple fundamentals, when you run through traffic you get both hands on the ball. Im sure they practice that everyday. Now do i think crap happens yes it happened to rip he was fighting for extra yards had a crowd on him and it was unfortunate it was one too many guys and he got stripped. Lesson learned hell be better next year.
From looking at the angle of his body and with all those defenders all over him, my guess is that he would have lost his balance and gone down sooner and instead of doing that, he is fighting for extra yards and IMO needed an extra hand for balance.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From looking at the angle of his body and with all those defenders all over him, my guess is that he would have lost his balance and gone down sooner and instead of doing that, he is fighting for extra yards and IMO needed an extra hand for balance.
It was a hell of run and it will be a lesson learned, you dont see to many FB touching the ball as much as rip.

Cheezh3ad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If u truely watched u would see the player behind him was holding his other arm so he couldn't put two hands on the ball or he would have. Not his fault just outplayed by defenders.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
He tried to give us a spark no one else was doing, it was a bad turnover but he was looking to score, just didn't turn out that way everyone of us wanted....

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If u truely watched u would see the player behind him was holding his other arm so he couldn't put two hands on the ball or he would have. Not his fault just outplayed by defenders.
before the first contact Rip saw before he made impact he should have had 2 hands on the ball then, hes a FB not a shifty RB trust it was his fault and mistakes happen.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He tried to give us a spark no one else was doing, it was a bad turnover but he was looking to score, just didn't turn out that way everyone of us wanted....
I totally agree but it was still his fault he fumbled. People think being stripped takes all liability away from the runner.

KyPackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked kuhn a lot and was worried we wouldnt have a true fullback anymore and just use that extra tightend in the backfield, that being said Rip surprised me... only taking a few handoffs in college to being arguably our most productive & consistent run option props to the man... but from pop warner all the way to the top they preach ball security 2 hands on the ball in traffic... good heads up play by the defense bad fundamentals by Rip but he'll be better for it next year

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish that half of the guys on defense out as much effort on the field as Rip does every play. The guy is a fighter and made one mistake. The guys on defense are a mistake by being on the field. Maybe only Ha Ha and and Burnette are the only 2 players that I can say put as much effort

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It very definitely WAS his fault he fumbled...at once he had the ball...at completion of the play, he didn't. Fact! His fault. WHAT A FREEKIN' RUN THOUGH. Love that kid. Love his heart. Love his attitude. Saw him on the Tuesday night Packer shows. Kind of a quiet, focused kid. 5 guys to tackle him and a sixth to strip - it looked like the 'stripper' if you will, had to use two hands to get it out ... Yeah, it was a back breaker, but this guy is A PACKER! You've found a home Rip.

KyPackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish that half of the guys on defense out as much effort on the field as Rip does every play. The guy is a fighter and made one mistake. The guys on defense are a mistake by being on the field. Maybe only Ha Ha and and Burnette are the only 2 players that I can say put as much effort

For sure... we'd be headed to Houston if they did

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary while fending off 5 guys that he didn't cover the basic fundamentals. It's human instinct to have your arm free to balance yourself, especially while fending off 5 guys while trying to progress forward and getting situated before having 5 guys pile on top of you.

And yes i'm getting used to RIIIIIIIIIP in the shout box now. This guy is quick for his size and strong as hell! I guess it was easier than we thought how khuuun would be replaced with RIIIIIIIP. Funny thing is Saints fans have adapted the Khuuuun chant. hahhaa

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
He is going to be a bigger beast next year, that play that he didn't make him a lot smarter down the line, I know he wants to be a stud not a dud

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont forget micha hyde he was the only DB this season jumping routes. Look like he also took the extra initiative to better himself and the team.

My thought on Hyde is that he's serviceable on all positions but master of none. He can help fill in where needed. I guess I can't say his effort isn't there, but really he isn't great at anything.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thought on Hyde is that he's serviceable on all positions but master of none. He can help fill in where needed. I guess I can't say his effort isn't there, but really he isn't great at anything.
I agree but that doesnt take away from the fact that he had a good season this year. He has grew a lot from last year cause gawd last year TEs was eating him up. You can argue him and haha had a simular season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I'm going to put money on any of our DBs making a game changing play its going to be Micha Hyde. He is one of those guys that just always seem to be giving all he has on every play. Yes he screws up now and then but he was a 5th round pick and I think the packers have more than gotten their money's worth out of him. I hope they can resign him.

As for Rip, I really like him. If he can up his blocking game he will be bigger for us than Kuhn ever was. Kuhn was a "you need 2 yards I'll get you 2 yards, you need 3 yards I'll get you 2 yards" type of guy.You want to say the fumble was his fault yeah it was but the thing is it was a hell of a run and I'm not going to hold the fumble against him. I hate it when a guy shows promise and he makes a mistake and you don't see him for 10 games. If he is fumbling in practice then maybe so but one mistake in a game does not warrant a half a season or more in the doghouse. To me that is pure stubbornness on the coaches part to prove a point and sometimes it is to the detriment of the team. He should be getting 8-10 touches a game whether rushing or receiving and even though he has had a couple of drops (who on this offense didn't) he needs to be involved.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If nothing else, the Packers should use this film for their own defense to teach them something few of them seem to do. Peppers learned how to go after a strip fumble and you can see that with almost every tackle the guy makes. Whoever is running the defense next year, needs to play this over and over with the speech "Do this and you might win us a game". While I don't promote tackling the ball, I do feel our defense needs to do a much better job at ripping and punching whenever they see a good opportunity.

Packers were tied at #18 (with 5 other teams) with 8 fumble recoveries. K.C. led the league with 15.

Members online

Latest posts