The return of the SuperStarks

12theTruth

He was one of my favorite players from the SB year, it's great to see Starks back in form with a 100+ day! It's been a long time, lots of doubts but SuperStarks is BACK!

He looked very good today. But if he can do the same thing against a more stout Bengals D then I'd think he's back to form. Also, when Lacy comes back Starks is just a sidekick once again.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was one of my favorite players from the SB year, it's great to see Starks back in form with a 100+ day! It's been a long time, lots of doubts but SuperStarks is BACK!

He had some very good blocking....

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked very good today. But if he can do the same thing against a more stout Bengals D then I'd think he's back to form. Also, when Lacy comes back Starks is just a sidekick once again.

That can be said about this game as a whole. Our D may of looked good because RG3 is God awful.

But as for Starks and Lacy (who I hope for a quick recovery and return) I'd love to see MM use both of them in tandem as a combo. Especially after what we saw out of Starks today. As long as he stays healthy. He struggled as of late with injuries and such but if he is back to form, I'd like to see him right up there with Lacy.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriweather is going to be the next Chucky Mullens if he doesn't learn to tackle with something other than his head. If the NFL is serious about stopping that crap they'll suspend him for 2 games after he's cleared to play again. It's clear he intentionally tries to hurt people. Worse than Mark Carrier.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriweather is going to be the next Chucky Mullens if he doesn't learn to tackle with something other than his head. If the NFL is serious about stopping that crap they'll suspend him for 2 games after he's cleared to play again. It's clear he intentionally tries to hurt people. Worse than Mark Carrier.

The sad thing is it's clean good players like Nick Collins and Sterling Sharpe who had careers end from necks, but these head-hunters like Carrier, Delmas, Merriweather & many many others keep on going with rock necks somehow.

Back to Starks: When healthy, he's good and strong.
Our OL does suck, but they blocked a few people today, and Starks kept his eyes open and saw quick cutback lanes. He didn't resemble Darrell Thompson, who always took the handoff and just closed his eyes running to where the hole was designed to be, but never was.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriweather was always a cheap shot artist. Check his history. It was justice that he got payed back. Yeah you don't wish for a guy to get hurt but in this case he got a return for his crap.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriweather was always a cheap shot artist. Check his history. It was justice that he got payed back. Yeah you don't wish for a guy to get hurt but in this case he got a return for his crap.
The sonofabiotch should be fined for both hits. Funny there was no FLAG on either one!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sonofabiotch should be fined for both hits. Funny there was no FLAG on either one!
Refs are definitely against us.
Blew a few other calls as well.
Darn good thing we had this one done by the end of the 1st half.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Kitten points out, Starks has already proven himself.
Too soon for me to get excited about Lacy.
From the last few seasons, IMO, Starks is the best chance at running we've had.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he ran well because he had fresh legs and the D wasn't prepared for him, much like his game vs the Eagles in '10. Much like that run I think his production will steadily decline as it did previously.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Refs are definitely against us.
Blew a few other calls as well.
Darn good thing we had this one done by the end of the 1st half.
Slightly disagree with you there. Why did they get a fifteen yard penalty against #63 for a low tackle on Starks I believe ? when he tackled at hip height ? was it slightly from behind or something ?.

12theTruth

As Kitten points out, Starks has already proven himself.
Too soon for me to get excited about Lacy.
From the last few seasons, IMO, Starks is the best chance at running we've had.

You are reading too much into one game. The Redskins gave up 263 yards rushing to the Eagles last week. By no means is this even an average rushing defense we just faced.

The coaching staff had Lacy as the #1 for a reason. Because at many times in the past, our line couldn't be counted on to get much in the way of holes. Lacy is more of a bulldozer and can operate better with a questionable O-line. The jury is still out on the run blocking for the season. Couldn't run well against a solid D in Week 1. Ran well against a poor D in Week 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you see how Starks reacted after the play, he just stared at Merriweather's prone form as he slowly walked back to the huddle and then celebrated. Ordinarily I don't like it when player's celebrate after hurting another, but with that thug paybacks are justified.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see how Starks reacted after the play, he just stared at Merriweather's prone form as he slowly walked back to the huddle and then celebrated. Ordinarily I don't like it when player's celebrate after hurting another, but with that thug paybacks are justified.
Merriweather hurt himself. Hope he ended his career and I wish him well in the real world.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Actually, Starks looked at him, realized he was hurt, then motioned for some help from the Redskins sideline.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you see how Merriweather reacted after tackling Lacy with a head to head hit? He chucked and shuffled and threw his arms around like he had just gotten him 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, though it was a gain of 10.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Starks looked at him, realized he was hurt, then motioned for some help from the Redskins sideline.

You can see the play on NFL.com, Starks stared then celebrated with teammates. He definitely didn't express concern, at least not until after he celebrated.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
You can see the play on NFL.com, Starks stared then celebrated with teammates. He definitely didn't express concern, at least not until after he celebrated.
Oh, I thought I saw him motion for help.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you run the ball 20 times, good things can happen. Just hope McCarthy keeps that up.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If Starks is SuperStarks, what's his cryptonite? So far the answer has been air, any time he breathes he gets hurt. He runs too upright.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts