The Psychology of a Team - RB Move

ebterp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all new to the board but wanted to bring up a interesting talking point and thats making a personnel move not just because you think it can help you on the field but more importantly what it can do for a teams overall attitude. My opinion is that a RB move should have been made because of the psychological boost it would have given this team..it would have let the players know that the GM was serious about this season and was willing to do something to keep the team moving forward. Half of the battle in the NFL is getting your team in the right frame of mind week to week and I think all the injuries etc have just beat the current players down!

EB

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome and very good point! Mind, body and spirit all work together to balance you. I think it would of helped boost confidence in the O-Line, knowing you had that weapon. It still can be achieved though.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that as well... Thanks Ted.

Thats honestly what I hate the most, at lest the Vikings are doing and have done everything they possibly can to improve their team to win.. As a fan what more can you ask for?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Psychology is such a big aspect of this game, this is a good point.

Look at the Buffalo Bills: how many players do they draft that are mediocre for them, then start and play well for other teams once they've been traded? If you watch that team play, they go out not even expecting to win every sunday. They know they are not a great team, they never see much improvement year to year, and so they just lack motivation despite whatever talent they may have (see: Lee Evans).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is a part of it for sure,but the team has to understand that ted has players that he must feel will do the work nance hope he or starks these guys should be close to coming into a game,that could be why kno lynce

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%!! Trading for a back would have shown a committment from front office that they are not throwing in the towel this season. I also would have liked to seen a punter in for tryouts too..as it stands now I think TT and MM have given up for this season and are getting stiffys waiting for next Aprils draft

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but I don't think our not getting the deal done for Lynch automatically sent the message that we were cashing it in this season. It could also be seen as being legitimately confident in the players we have, which could also help boost team morale.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but I don't think our not getting the deal done for Lynch automatically sent the message that we were cashing it in this season. It could also be seen as being legitimately confident in the players we have, which could also help boost team morale.
I'd agree with this, that while it doesn't show that we've thrown the season out, it probably would've helped morale a bit to have added to the team. Not that anybody we would have picked up could have helped, but I bet just the mere absence of Grant from the locker room makes a major difference.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree with this, that while it doesn't show that we've thrown the season out, it probably would've helped morale a bit to have added to the team. Not that anybody we would have picked up could have helped, but I bet just the mere absence of Grant from the locker room makes a major difference.

Sure, I can agree with that, though that doesn't give me confidence in the leadership of this team. Losing a guy sucks, but if it's having such a dramatic impact on team morale, our leaders need to lift their collective skirts, grab their balls and suck it up.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Sure, I can agree with that, though that doesn't give me confidence in the leadership of this team. Losing a guy sucks, but if it's having such a dramatic impact on team morale, our leaders need to lift their collective skirts, grab their balls and suck it up.
That's true, and it comes back to coaching as well as captains. Again, like has been said many times, we don't know what's going on in the locker room, but if our theory is correct, then whatever is happening in there isn't enough.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to play devil's advocate here, but what if TT didn't want to bring a new player at RB into the situation, because he felt McCarthy was not already making good use of the pieces he has now?

Members online

Latest posts