The Powerball Throwback Uniforms

What do you think of the Packer Powerball uniforms?

• Love it

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • It's okay

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Pretty ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like the throwback idea, but would prefer a different style than these

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like em or not?
Love em or hate em?
I can't stand them!
Ugly Powerball format, and wrong colors.
Why do we have to choose that 1929 team to copy?

Here's what AJ thinks of the Wolverine colored jerseys:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Of course, Woodson loves them. So does Desmond Howard.

None of them are great, but I'd rather wear any of the other old-school ones. And ironically, I believe football should go back to wearing leather helmets like those days because defensive players today use the rock-hard shells as weapons now all the time, especially DBs leading with their heads.

Wrong guy, but it's all I can find.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love em! I suppose I can understand why people think the helmets are ugly, but the jersey design with the numbers inside the yellow circle is sweet. And of course, we all know how the players feel about those pants, haha.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought their butts looked especially nice in yesterday's pants. (OMG...did I say that outloud????)
No you did not. You just typed it. But it's now out there, you can't take it back lol.
Matthews looked like his pants had an accident in the back there yesterday......

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. These are not my favorite throwbacks either.
And it's not authentic when they have to paint the plastic helmets brown, enlarge the numbers and put numbers and names on the back.
I was more impressed by seeing the coaching staff with the ACME Packers gear on. That was cool.
And it was nice to not see any pink.
Don't get me wrong. I think breast cancer awareness is fine, but I don't think it belongs on the football field.
So it was nice to get a break from that.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like them, I also liked the uglier ones that Favre and company had back in 1994 lol. Everyone I know hates both those throwbacks but I thought they were cool as hell. I don't prefer them over our standard jerseys but I like them as alternates.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
94 ones are my favorite but I love throwbacks in general and am glad they switch it up.

Maybe we should try an alternate as well someday

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
94 ones are my favorite but I love throwbacks in general and am glad they switch it up.

Maybe we should try an alternate as well someday
I'd rather sport an alternate jersey too. Modernize for one game a year instead of turn back time to these ugly things.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I thought the yellow and blue went very well together, James Jones' arm sleeves went very well with his jersey. Thought the yellow shoes looked great too, along with the tan pants. The helmet still needs some getting used to but its great to see the Packers being able to throw back to something so long ago. Also have to say the jersey design is nice simple, kind of surprised no other team had done something similar before.

I can agree that the 94 throwbacks were better because I liked the golden yokes and helmet. Here is a different list of all the different uniforms the Packers had. http://www.gridironuniforms.com/packers.html

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We did the second one about 8 years ago, and I don't see why we can't make it our full time away uniform. And for the first one, I would like to see it too, just to figure out what color that was.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Tan pants, I feel wearing the khaki represents the throwback mood. That picture was colorized, so the artist may of made it too shiny. I think the Pack will keep the blue jerseys to sell more merchandise. So I don't think we will see a green throwback too soon. We should have an away throwback for Thanksgivings games

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I dig this, reminds me of the Browns, but looks way better.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
My mistake, I thought the question was do you prefer gold or tan pants. :oops:

The Lombardi uni's were great exept for the pants stripes. Like that they had the mixture of blue and gold with green and gold back then, with the blue overcoats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts