1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

The playoffs are here!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by pack_in_black, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Looks Like The Indians goign to beat Yankee's and Red Sox's in the same post season first time ever although they could have done it in 1998

2. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Game 7 here we come!

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Listening to Journey right now........

:D

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Red Sox win tomorrow, I'm officially going to cry.

I mean come on, let Yankee fans around the world have SOME comfort in defeat.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yankee fans know nothing of what it is to suffer heartbreak.

Take your appeals for mercy to fans of a team who haven't had their noses buried in Yankee *** for over 86 years looking up. About time the world righted itself. :lol:

6. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Indians lose the series do you think it is too early to talk about the Lebron James curse? haha

7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Although I wanted to see the Indians vs Rockies... the bittersweet treat to it all is that Mr Steinbooger has to watch the Sox go to the series while his club is going to fall off next year with the turnover that is going to happen.

I hope Joe becomes an assistant or some type of role with the Sox.. that would be fitting.

Go Rockies!!!!! :thumbsup:

8. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NOT THIS YEAR!!!!!

GO SOX!

Now hopefully I can score some tix for the games in Denver....

9. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Call me a Rockies fan for the next week and a half. Boston in the World Series makes the season seem like such a waste. Indians/Rockies would have been a much better series, in my opinion.

10. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go Rockies. I like any WS that does not feature Yankees, Red Sox or Braves - so I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but I would be disappointed to see Boston win.

11. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haters, haters, haters. The Sox are one of the most exciting teams in the league to watch, and you can't talk about "buying" championships like the Yankees have in the past.

That's fine if you're tired of seeing them in the Series, but come on- they've won once in the last 90 years!!! This is gonna be a great series, and I'm soooooo glad that the Yankees are where they belong, on the couch worrying about re-signing their October Choke King.

:lol:

12. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well in terms of finances the Sox are definitely up there, but still, I like them. Good team :)

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You want to talk about buying championships, look at the '97 and '03 Marlins. Those championships, especially the '03 team, were bought. Since the Yankees have shelled out the big money, they've won the AL twice, but no championships. Talk about trying to buy championships, paying $51 mil just to TALK to a guy is right up there. Every single big name the Yankees picked up in the last 5-6 years, the Red Sox were right there bidding as well.

14. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT: Screw it, I don't care what no one says!! :lol:

The Sox are in the series, are the AL East Champs, and the Yanks lost in round one. And the Pack is 5-1! This is like the best October ever. I'm just gonna kick back and enjoy... :D :pop:

15. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Enjoy it why you can...haha! I'm not trying to start arguments. The Yankees wouldn't be the Yankees if we didn't have the Red Sox. It's a symbiotic relationship. It's one of the greatest rivalries in sports, and I love every minute of it. If you guys win this year, you'll only have to win 19 more to catch up! Haha! Anyways, at least we agree on one thing...GO PACKERS!

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Word to that, friend. I got no problems w/Yankee fans who can just enjoy the rivalry, and not have to prove their team's superiority. Two good teams, but one helluva rivalry.

It's funny that I live here in Colorado, so in one night I'm gonna be the A-hole rooting against both hometown teams simultaneously! If I go to the Mon. Night game and game 5 is neccessary, I'll have my Sox t-shirt on under my Favre jersey so I can 'flash' people with it! :lol:

17. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I would want the Sox to win the World Series, but fellow B.C. native Jeff Francis to make them really work for it, winning game 1 and 4 or 5.

18. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump, Sox are up 2-0 heading to my home state!

19. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot believe Holiday (spelling?) wandered so far from 1st base... such a shame.

20. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From a humble Yankees fan, congrats. While it pains me, I can't deny the completely dominant sweep of the Rockies.

21. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    World Champs!!!!

Go Sox!

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Is the World Series over? When did they play it? (J/K!)
    Congrats!

23. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All of us in our house were rooting for the Rocks but I kept telling the wife and kids it would be over in 4.
    I won a $1.00 off my 15 year old son.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't spend it all in one place!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:
    Sometimes those bets are the most fun to collect on!!! :D
    Oh......and if I were you, i would mark that dollar, and keep it in my wallet. And everytime my son was around and i needed to get money out for any reason, i would take that dollar out, look at it, and say something like "No.....can't spend this one.....it's SPECIAL!" :lol: