1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The playoffs are here!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by pack_in_black, Oct 3, 2007.

1. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^I don't think that'll be much of an issue after today's game.

A little gatorade on your shirt doesn't get you 10 runs in 6 innings.....

10-4 Colorado lead, bottom of the 7th.

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well, I never really paid that much attention. forgot about that.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I don't think there is much to do about it yesterday either.. Manuel would have whined otherwise.. every team does it.

4. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, sorry if that sounded snarky, I was just really excited and in a smack-talking mood. :oops:

Too true. It's funny to me that little things like this are so roundly accepted as a part of the game, and rarely does anyone make a stink of it. You just gotta love baseball for having it's own moral code, unwritten rules and all of that, and its staunch refusal to introduce instant replay. That's a big part of why I still love to watch.

I wish you guys could feel the excitement & energy that this entire state is riding right now. If you watch one game this postseason, and want to see a completely starstruck, can't-believe-they're-here type crowd, tune in Saturday to this game 3 at Coors Field.

This statewide euphoric state is something I've never seen before. In boston, everyone loves the Sox, and everyone there always has. Here, we have the Broncos, but they are 60/40 percent loved/hated by people who live here. It's like every single resident wanted to cheer for the Rockies, but they've never really given them a good reason.

I really wish that there was a way to show more people what this is like, cause it's pretty frickin cool.

5. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Heard what the players did you the coach of the minor league team that was killed during a game. All the players are chipping in a full playoff share to the family, which includes a baby on the way. Additionally the sons of the coach are throwing out the first pitch at one of the games this weekend.

That my friend is class... yes I hope the Rockies go all the way.

Colorado is a very cool place, I spent a week in Glenwood springs out there and a couple of weeks many years ago in boulder for football camps. I know how jacked they get about Buff football.. they probably are in a frenzy.

6. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    What a game... Lilly looked like someone took his last candy bar away from him with the Slam...

Priceless...

[​IMG]

7. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Well at least the entire weekend wasn't a total loss..

Cubs lose in a [​IMG]

Along with the Angels and Phillies.. too bad the Yankees didn't go as well..

Hey Trom... you didn't..eerrr did you get caught :razz:

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Man.......talk about taking a curse seriously!
    I guess it's easier to blame a curse then to face that your team just plain SUCKS! :lol:

9. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really think that act was awful. That really is a disgrace to rational baseball fans. Competition is competition. Players execute or they don't. I really wish this curse stuff would get a rest, but it won't. Cubs weren't hitting! haha! No curse!

Okay so let's see who everyone has in these division games
    Rockies - Diamondbacks
    Red Sox - Indians

I will take the Rockies and Red Sox. How about you guys?

10. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rockies/Indians

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Joe Torre is expected to be canned today too. Steinbrenner said that he would be gone if the Yankees didnt go all the way.

12. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as the Yankees aren't in it, I'm happy. Who cares who wins as long as the Steinbrenner Yankees lose.

BTW, Steinbrenner should look in the mirror and fire the guy he sees looking back.

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, because he doesn't have a bunch of rings that prove he knows what he's doing. But I understand, hating the Yankees is the cool thing to do.

14. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    $$$$$$... buys you more talent than the other teams.. at least with Cashman they are trying to build the team through youth. But you wonder why salaries are at 20 million a year... look no further than the Yanks, then the Red Sox...

At least now they are sharing some of the profits and leveling out the game so the hatred may lessen.

15. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cashman is the best thing to happen to the Yankees in years. I am a Yankees fan, but the constant spending of tons of money on former great players bugs me like none other. I love what we're doing with the young guys. We're finally developing our own guys and KEEPING them. Any other time we would have traded Hughes and Chamberlain for some aging outfielder. I know a lot of people hate the Yankees because of the money they spend, and thats understandable. I get sick of it too.

16. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will stick with my wish stated earlier: Indians/Rockies.

17. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Agreed on Cashman. I think part of the hatred toward them is not only the fact they spent the money on players. is that they rubbed other teams face in it. They knew other teams couldn't afford to pay like them, and they were brash about it.

Part of that is baseball's fault for not addressing it earlier. For all the things amiss about Bud, at least he has brought a better competitive balance to the game, is changing the structure of baseball to ensure that teams stick around and can afford to keep their stars in place. I for one am glad that he is from a small market team and is helping those in need.

18. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Looks like the Yankees found a way to spend the offseason.. :razz:

[​IMG]

19. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    OMG. Good one. They beat themselves once again.

20. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    So far so good for the Rockies express.. and against the Dbacks ace..

How is the temp of the fans out there PIB?

21. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    LOL thats hilarious. :lol:

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Manny has no class..

hits a h/r to make the score 7-3 ( they are losing) and he stands at the plate with arms up like he just made them win the series...

23. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like when he does that though! You know what they say though right? That's just Manny being Manny. Why can't Beckett pitch every game haha!

24. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    wooo Red Sox's are losing Go Indians Go :D

25. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Many are predicting a shut out in the favor of the Indians. I think it was a joke, but at this point, I am inclined to believe anything. The Indians are hot right now.