1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The playoffs are here!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by pack_in_black, Oct 3, 2007.

1. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't see a MLB playoff thread, so bring the discussion here!!!

I'm a Red Sox fan, and since the Rockies play in my backyard, I'm an introductory Rockies fan as well! (along with the other 95% of the state who didn't care about 'em till they won 14 of 15 to close out the season)

I'm so jakked right now, cause Colorado is up 3-0 on Cole Hamels in Philadelphia. It would be so freakin sweet if I got both Rockies and Sox wins to open up the postseason!!

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Out of the National league teams, I hope either Colorado or Philly make it..

Indians in the AL.. PLEASE :)

EDIT.. forgot something :lol:

[​IMG]

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You a Cleve or just dislike the other 3?

And yes, CO is hot right now, and they've built a team "the right way" with 12 years of ineptitude/grooming and trading young talent to build a good, exciting team. Alot to like here.

4. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Took me a solid 90 seconds to figure out what the animal doing the 'mounting' was....

BWAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!

5. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Well I wanted to see the Red Sox break their curse, they did and now are becomming the Yankees junior... spend til you collect all the players.. plus they lost some of the class guys on the roster. Still a big Papi fan though..

Colorado is a mirror to the Brewers, build it through scouting and player development. Baseball is truly a game where talent evaluators and good coaches have major impacts. It would be nice to see a repeat of the Marlins type win of the series... why not CO.

6. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Thought it was fitting... still pissed that the Brewers blew there chances... but alas another post season on the outside looking in.

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The brewers were just making a baby step. They have a winning record though.

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    I hope the Indian's and the Red Sox's do well this year and one them wins the World Series.

9. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, as long as the Cubbies lose first round, who cares?

I just hope Jocketty and La Russa stay around in St. Louis for a couple more years. And they spend some money for pitchers.

10. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Maybe you should use reverse logic and hope La Russa leaves.. then maybe he will stay... eerie timing of the post there bud :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7294522?MSNHPHMA

St. Louis Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty is leaving the position he's held for the past 13 years, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The report, citing sources with direct knowledge of the situation, said the Cardinals have scheduled a 5 p.m. ET press conference to discuss Jocketty's departure.
    Current assistant general manager John Mozeliak has been named to the interim job, according to the report, and could succeed Jocketty on a full-time basis.

Jocketty has a contract through 2008 and reached an agreement with team chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. earlier Wednesday, the report said.

The report also indicated that the move appears to be a dismissal and not a resignation.

Jocketty was hired in 1994 and led the Cardinals to six NL Central division titles, one wild card playoff berth, two NL championships and the World Series crown in 2006.

But a streak of seven consecutive winning seasons came to an end in 2007, and the report said DeWitt informed Jocketty in Wednesday's meeting that the franchise was ready to move on without him.

11. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:

4-2 Rox, top 'o the ninth!

12. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOOO!!!!

Rockies win, 4-2

Series:

Col Phi
    1 0

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I'm the only Yankees fan. I have a friend who is a huge Cubs fan, and we're going to have massive parties if its a Cubs/Yankees World Series. That being said, I'm not counting out the Indians just yet. I think whoever wins the Yankees/Indians series will go to the WS. The Angels/Sox series will probably be the most entertaining games out of all of them, but they are going to wear each other out. It'll probably be the Cub/Rockies for the NLCS. Like I said, I'm a Yankees fan, but in no way am I claiming a ring yet. We have a good chance, especially since the stupid "Joba Rules" are no longer in effect, but it's going to be a challenge. Good luck to everyone else who's team is in the playoffs!

14. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nathaniel, talk to AADP. He's a Spankees fan.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Cubs'll win it all.

16. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DeWitt is a complete moron. He is incredibly cheap, we have countless injuries this season, sells almost the entire ptching staff from last season, so he then fires Jocketty?

I wouldn't mind the Rockies winning it all. Just not Cubs or Red Sox.

17. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    you sound like a Vikings fan. Always hopeful, forever waiting for the one youre never going to get.

18. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112
    Cubs wont win it i bet you.

19. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    CUBS LOSE.. CUBS LOSE... CUBS LOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE :)

20. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +112
    See im right Trom

21. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Indians and Colorado would be sweet.

Tired of Yankees and Boston.
    Do not like Cubs.

I guess I could live with Arizona or the Angels as well.

Brewers 2008!!!

22. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:

Rockies up 2-1 in the 2nd inning...

23. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree. time for new blood in the world series. I dont pay attention to baseball like I used to.

24. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The World Series has been full of new blood. Here's your last six World Series winners...
    Cardinals
    White Sox
    Red Sox
    Marlins
    Angels
    Diamondbacks

Only two of those teams had won a World Series in the last 80 some odd years, that was the Marlins and the Cardinals, and two of those series were won against the Yankees, so that alone should make everyone happy.

25. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    New England West? It is all over in baseball, pitchers hide "junk" all over to help with grip.. Ask Kenny Rodgers...

Caught in the act??

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Rockies manager Clint Hurdle downplayed video that showed closer Manny Corpas pouring liquid on his body in the bullpen before pitching against Philadelphia in Game 1 of their NL playoff series.

Corpas was caught by TBS cameras on Wednesday taking a sip of a liquid out of a cup, then pouring some down the back of his neck and all over the front of his jersey. Corpas, who earned the save in Colorado's 4-2 win, patted his chest and rubbed his fingers before throwing a pitch.

"I still haven't looked at the tape so I still don't know what happened," Hurdle said Thursday before Game 2. "Until I get further direction from somebody else, I think we'll handle it internally."

Because the Rockies wear black road jerseys, any wet spots would have been difficult to detect. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said he had nothing to say about Corpas' actions.