The play that will keep me up tonight

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of things went wrong and right tonight. The biggest is that this team never gave up. The ball bounced the wrong way in a shootout. While some of you rag on Aaron for his pick and his fumble his biggest blown play was missing a wide open Jennings in OT. It looked like the same play as in the Bears game. Damn 1 foot and we're on the way to Orleans. O well thanks Pack for a good season.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like Rodgers "should have" hit him for the TD, Rackers "should have" hit that FG to win the game in regulation. You can't worry about plays like that. It's a tough loss for us all, but one play didn't change the outcome of the game, that's for sure.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well even if we did win this game i think the saints would have demolished our D. Once drew brees took a look at the game film from this game he would've known exactly where to beat us. If i were the cardinals i would worry about the exact same thing.

OP
OP
dewitt60

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like Rodgers "should have" hit him for the TD, Rackers "should have" hit that FG to win the game in regulation. You can't worry about plays like that. It's a tough loss for us all, but one play didn't change the outcome of the game, that's for sure.

i agree completely just stating that that particular play really gets in my craw.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well even if we did win this game i think the saints would have demolished our D. Once drew brees took a look at the game film from this game he would've known exactly where to beat us. If i were the cardinals i would worry about the exact same thing.

Well said

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree completely just stating that that particular play really gets in my craw.
Lol, yeah me too, I watched that play like 10 consecutive times on NFL GameDay and it made me sick. I'm just trying to make myself feel better as well.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa. He does. Nice profile pic BTW.

I just can't question Jennings on that one. I think Rodgers just threw it a tad too early because the way the line shifted it would've given him about 1-2 more seconds of protection. Well I guess Niel Rackers got his just deserts after missing that field goal.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody that thinks New Orleans could have beaten Green Bay today is on drugs. Arizona installed a near-flawless game plan on offense and executed it to near perfection.

Drew Brees

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody that thinks New Orleans could have beaten Green Bay today is on drugs. Arizona installed a near-flawless game plan on offense and executed it to near perfection.

How is that relevant? If the Packers won they'd be playing an even better offense and a defense that creates more turnovers while coming off a short week with an injured LT.

Saints will finish off AZ :biggrin:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't question the plays at the end of the game. I thought both offenses were playing at a very high level as opposed to the defense being poor.

I was bummed at how we came out slow. I mean look at the games we saw. The winner came out gangbusters from the first play. We got beat in the first quarter like the other teams that lost. We were the ones who fought back though, and I'm glad they made a game of it.

This game was a classic, if you like football.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that play, Jennings stops for a moment. Look at the replay.

Yeah, I watched A-Rod's press conference and he said that he actually felt really good about that throw.

He usually owns up to his mistakes, so you could possibly put that on Jennings.

Either way, that should have been a completion.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks :biggrin:. Sorry the Packers lost...I was rooting for you guys at the end.

edit::viksux:
Thanks for the kind words. I was really looking forward to a rematch in the dome after last season Packers vs. Saints. You guys certainly have nothing to worry about going into the divisional round. Your defense plays a lot better than ours and if Aaron Rodgers can carve up the Cards secondary think about what Dree Brees can do to it.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of woulda-coulda-shoulda style plays but to me. . .as much as I HATE to say a play that was on the refs, I would point towards the roughing the passer/fitzgerald TD catch.

1.) How can you get a roughing the passer if you hit him and actually make him throw the ball differently. The ball came out oddly and yet he is called for roughing the passer? MAYBE hands to the face but not roughing the passer and the ONLY reason he did that was because he was trying to get away from the holding of the offensive line!

2.) Fitzgerald is a great receiver but you can't run straight into Woodson and extend your arms a little and literally knock a guy on his butt. He ran straight into Woodson and physically hit him down, cut north in the endzone and made a great catch.

Granted the call against Warner didn't cause any problems besides a non-return on special teams and we don't break too many of those anyways. . .but that was a missed holding call without a doubt and the more obvious one was Woodson being shoved down allowing a wide open receiver in the endzone to make the catch.

I have a hard time swallowing that one, a player knocked down with accidental contact is one thing but that was very obvious.

Again. . .there are tons of woulda-coulda-shouldas in every play of every game but this is a game that I believe made this Playoff Weekend stand out. Other games were blow outs, NFL fans got everything from watching this game. . .invested in either team or not.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints will finish off AZ :biggrin:

Yeah, just like Green Bay was going to pummel Arizona into submission???

Sorry fellas, but in the playoffs, me goes with EXPERIENCE and a big-game QB over a helluva lotta 2009 fluff.

I took Arizona too lightly yesterday, so it won't happen again.

I see the Cards invading Dallas for the NFCCG.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The play that kept you up was fair, one more foot and we had it is right!

The play that kept me up was this one right here:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The ref is looking to the side when the ball was released a second or two before. WHY? Shouldnt he be watching (and helping to protect) the quarterback like 98% of referees do after they throw the ball.

This was such a vicious hit too, this 300 pound ****** jumped head first into Aarons helmet, I'm sure theres no way for anyone that size to do this without someone 15 feet away noticing.

So this penalty negates the 10 yd holding on Colledge right? So that means we get our Ryan Grant first down dumpoff and it is 1st and 10 at our 30, not 2nd and 20 at our 10. This play changed the face of overtime for sure, and probably would have kept us rolling.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ You can't say that he wasn't trying to take A-Rod out with that illegal hit!
That was intentional.
Probably because he's mad at A-Rod and what he did to the D-Fence all day and coming back.
Crudnels indeed.

Go Saints! Get revenge for us!

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great shot of the helmet to helmet and the ref not watching what he is supposed to be watching.

So disheartening to see but so blatant. . .hell what is that ref paid for? Oh yeah, to 'protect' the future of the NFL teams #1 asset. . .the QB.

Members online

Latest posts