The Perfect Off-Season

packers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, nobody in free agency with a couple exceptions, have made me say to myself "They would fit perfectly with the pack, and it makes total sense to have this guy come in."

The exceptions to this rule are Justin Griffith, Randy Moss, and perhaps Deon Grant. With Justin and Randy my top 2 choices with Deon grant being bringing up the rear.

Justin Griffith is a HIGH Character Player, fits the system PERFECTLY, and hes only 26 years old. Makes too much sense for the pack.

Randy.... I think it would be great. Randy doing the deep routes, taking a CB and a Safety with him, GJ and Donald sitting in the middle of the field. OMG... YES! And to those who say stuff about moss being a cancer, etc. Moss is not Terrell Owens, TO has a mental condition which needs medication to treat, most likely bi-polar disorder. Moss just needs a fire lit under his butt and to win games, and with Favre throwing to him would do just that.

Now we cant talk about the off-season without talking about the end of April... It would be a good first day of the draft if we get one or more of these players... Reggie Nelson, Marshawn Lynch, Amobi Okoye, Greg Olson, Anthony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe. These are my top targets for the first and/or second rounds.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, nobody in free agency with a couple exceptions, have made me say to myself "They would fit perfectly with the pack, and it makes total sense to have this guy come in."

The exceptions to this rule are Justin Griffith, Randy Moss, and perhaps Deon Grant. With Justin and Randy my top 2 choices with Deon grant being bringing up the rear.

Justin Griffith is a HIGH Character Player, fits the system PERFECTLY, and hes only 26 years old. Makes too much sense for the pack.

Randy.... I think it would be great. Randy doing the deep routes, taking a CB and a Safety with him, GJ and Donald sitting in the middle of the field. OMG... YES! And to those who say stuff about moss being a cancer, etc. Moss is not Terrell Owens, TO has a mental condition which needs medication to treat, most likely bi-polar disorder. Moss just needs a fire lit under his butt and to win games, and with Favre throwing to him would do just that.

Now we cant talk about the off-season without talking about the end of April... It would be a good first day of the draft if we get one or more of these players... Reggie Nelson, Marshawn Lynch, Amobi Okoye, Greg Olson, Anthony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe. These are my top targets for the first and/or second rounds.

I only want a few things. I'd love to see a trade for Moss, and we need to draft the following: Marshawn Lynch, a TE, and a Safety.

100% agreement with you about Moss. Moss would make Driver even better. Imagine Driver one-on-one for a whole game because Moss is getting double covered. Favre will DESTROY opposing defenses. I'd love to see Favre throw for 60+ TDs in his last two years (you know he's playing two more years).

About Marshawn Lynch - saw him at UC Berkeley against Portland State. He caught 2 TDs and ran for another. The guy's a good receiver, someone we can use like the Eagles use Brian Westbrook. This would open up a lot of possibilities for our offense. With Lynch and Morency, we'll be fine.

Oh, and welcome to PF. :welcome:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
How long does Driver catch all these balls and rack up all these stats before Moss goes, "give me the ball":) Or he starts ******* it cuz "Randy, don't feel like playing today."

Is the risk of his antics worth it in Green Bay is the question.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, Ok.....Griffith is a high character guy yet you want Moss in the next sentence.

You guys are hilarious. This post is a perfect example. Saying these 3 guys would be the PERFECT offseason is hilarious. It just happens to be the 3 guys GB is interested in. So......lets wait to see who TT wants and has a interest in AND THEN post that bringing these guys in would be the PERFECT OFFSEASON!

Where were all the Justin Grifith fans BEFORE TT Brought in to GB?

TT is not going to sign anyone but Scrap players. Ted is happy being average and he has convinced some of you to behappy with it as well. TT ashould be a magician. He takes over a 9-6 team, runs it into the ground at 4-12 and then gets it back to 8-8 and some Packers fans act like he is building Rome!

In one breath you say don't throw money at people but in the next pat ol Ted on the back for bringing in Woodson. You want players, you have to pay. Some FA's have been overpaid granted but some could have been had for a decent price. Adelius Thomas, Randy McMichael, etc could have helped this team but you will only give excuses.

I hear all this about TT fixing the cap. So we have lots of cash to do what? Re-Sign Tracey White?

I love the Packers but you guys honestly look silly making exuses for TT's tightness in every post. It's ok to disagree with TT on occassion people, it does not make you less of a fan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
YOU say Ted only signs scrap players, but in the same breath you mention Woodson...So along with him, Kampman and Pickett are all scrap players

Re-doing DD, and Al what is Ted thinking??????????? Those are scrap players

And maybe the reason that no one mentions a certain player till he is brought in, is cuz there are way to many players to think about...If you want a thread on every player, I am sure it can be arranged

If you havent noticed there are tons of threads naming a specific player when that player is cut, or still available.

OP
OP
P

packers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to Zombieslayer and longtimefan, ive been a long time reader, but just didnt think about posting.

second of all, pyledriver, When, at all, did i mention Ted Thompson in my post? I didnt mention him at all. Furthermore, I've liked Justin Griffith ever since i heard a month ago that he would not be brought back by the atlanta falcons. When i heard this, i automatically said, he would make perfect sense for the pack. I liked him way before we had him in for a visit. You cant tell me he makes complete sense for the pack. If you dont, you would be kidding yourself.

Now, as far as Randy Moss is concerned, I think he would fit in well with the packers, Randy Moss holds our QB in HIGH regard and Randy Moss just wants to win. He is very competitive and even though i would never do or say some of the stuff that he does, i can see where he comes from.

also, Just because in one sentence i say that Justin Griffith is a HIGH character player (which is a big plus in my book) and in another sentence say that Randy Moss (who isnt of the highest character) is also a good fit for the pack, does not make me a hypocrite. Justin Griffith makes more sense than Randy because he's a high character player. But Randy would also be successful in Green Bay for a couple years. That's the key, I dont think we would want Randy longer than 2 years. I think he would just be a good stopgap while Jennings, Holiday, Koren Robinson, and our soon to be rookie WR's develop more. On the other hand, Griffith would be great for long-term.

anyways, im rambling so ill get off now. thx for reading.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts