The Packers to-do List for Mini Camp 2 (friday-sunday)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From JSOnline:

-Kickoff\Kickoff Coverage for the first time
-3rd down offense\defense
-Red Zone offense\defense
-More reps for Rodgers\Ingle with Favre not there
-More reps for Hodge\Poppinga\Taylor with Hawk not there

Some interesting info should come out of this.

How will Rodgers\Ingle do with a LOT more snaps?

Who will step up as a red zone scorer?

Which one of the rookies will step forward as the KR\PR at this early stage?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Trom,
What's the word on Poppinga? Is he able to practice already? He seemed ready to start making a contribution and was hell on wheels on ST's.

Would love to see him back all the way. Tough guy.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know nothing about Poppinga(and other things, huyuk)! I'd like to know myself. I assume he is ready, as I havent seen his name on any "he wont be there" lists...

Our Special Teams will also be nasty. TT\MM listen to Stock, and some of the guys we drafted are purely special teams(blackmon, although I hope he works out at wherever they put him.). Throw guys like Poppinga\Hodge\Willie Henderson\Leach\Manning\Underwood in there and I dont think our STs will be super weak like it has been.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I know nothing about Poppinga(and other things, huyuk)! I'd like to know myself. I assume he is ready, as I havent seen his name on any "he wont be there" lists...

Our Special Teams will also be nasty. TT\MM listen to Stock, and some of the guys we drafted are purely special teams(blackmon, although I hope he works out at wherever they put him.). Throw guys like Poppinga\Hodge\Willie Henderson\Leach\Manning\Underwood in there and I dont think our STs will be super weak like it has been.

Tro, what about he kicking game, that scares me beyond belief? We got lucky once with Longwell, hopefully lightning will strike again.

Agreed on the coverage teams though.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, if they are working on kickoffs and whatnot, SOMEONE is going to be kicking the ball off...

so we'll at least see who shows the leg for kickoffs, and hopefully will kick it beyond the 15 yard line like longwell.

as far as FG kicking...i dont know either, but Im not AS worried as some people. It will be Cundiffs job to lose, and it sounds like expectations are pretty high.

I think the kicking competition will heat up in July, bring in a FA kicker or 2, and they will battle in Training Camp. The falcons just cut a FA kicker they signed cuz he sucked really bad, and I expect the packers to do the same if Cundiff hasnt improved(hes still a very young man).

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have sooo many more guys now that can contribute to special teams both return guys and tacklers/blockers.

They're really working on improving this phase of the game. I don't see us way down on the list like we have been in the past. It's nice to know it's not an afterthought.

We win the punt/kickoff coverage and return game, play solid D, and we'll be way better off than the last couple of years.

Members online

Latest posts