the packers need to improve

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really hope the packers improve. they played horrible tonight(48-17).
i hope the packers can step up their game like they did last week.

they need to learn how to be more consistent.

i hope this game didnt show the true colors of the 06 packers.

they made alot of mistakes, dropped balls and didnt have a good running game.

if they stop making mistakes they will be fine.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will...

They can't get worse than tonight. I actually think they can muscle together a decent game against Tennessee. Chicago is the test though. After I watch that game I think I‘ll get an idea for how they might do. Then again Week 1 is awful early but Chicago at home is the best playing atmosphere you can get.

It's funny how a forum changes weekly. Last week everyone was riding a pedestal and those who bashed the previous week were away in a cave or something. This week it's back to the night after the Charger game. I wonder if the patter will continue?

Reaction score
I realized one thing tonight:

06 will be a season of highs AND LOWS.

I'm gonna say one more thing:

Given the fact that this is the 3rd pre-season game in which the starters got a majority of the work, it is dissapointing that the play was so damn sloppy. However when you have your starting D together for the first time against a damn good WR crops, and the RB playing for the first time in a while against a solid front 4 well it would have been a mistake to expect these guys to look like all pro's. Hopefully they improve a great deal in 3 days time.

Now this Friday, the starters need to be left in there until they can get some where on the same page.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to misquote my old buddy Cliffy, YOU NEED PLAYMAKERS TO WIN IN THE NFL. Everyone on the field other than these 3-4 difference makers is about the same as every other player in the league, who can be made to look better by the talent around them and accepting their roles and obviously coaching.

GB has no playmakers on defense and maybe 1 1/2 on offense(Favre and Driver). Unfortunately, Favre is on the decline and Driver is not quite good enough to be considered a Pro Bowl caliber receiver.

What this leads to is inconsistency(blown assignments, penalties, etc.) and mediocrity4-8 wins). It is impossible to make Filet Mignon out of Chopped Liver.

GB seems to be building to a point where they have young talent that would come together with the emergence of 1 or 2 more playmakers. However, I do not believe they are on the roster at the present time(or at least not ready for that role yet this year). HAWK, JENNINGS, ROGERS, HODGE(BARNETT?) all have the potential to fill this void in the future. If 2 or more of these players step up in the next year or two and we can address the RB and OL, we will be watching a very young and competitive team in the near future. But, this year will likely be much the same as last, a couple of good breaks 7-8 wins and a couple of bad breaks 4-5 wins.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had no playmakers but he's on the decline?

Yeah, that makes sense. NOT.

How do you make plays with no playmakers--subvert the laws of physics?

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell is Michelle Tanner...

Is that "drag" stage name, or something?

just wondering..:roll:

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh..i see..i just googled it, and it says she was one of the Olsen kids from the show "Full House"....

No, i'm not 115 years old. That was just a show for girls and little kids.

I never watched it, but i guess you did.

But i'm ok with it if you are...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey what happened to my last post? No insult...no language.... just a little lessen to help the lad out.......hmmmm. Oh well to answer your question I think they need to first get a pass rush up the middle. When they blitzed the blitzing players just got eaten up at the line. It was like they went into a black hole. They obviously need some better coaching. I'm not saying replace these coaches, just do a better job of coaching and preparing. They weren't ready to go out there and face a quality team and their tackling was atrocious. Some on this site have led you to believe that that was the fault of the previous regime. Hell some will STILL say last night was also.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP said
So to put the thread in a different gear, WHERE DO THE PACKERS NEED TO IMPROVE. PLEASE LIST ALL AREAS. (that should keep you all busy)

Fire TT.

What? Too provacative?

No. I stand by my statement.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
AADP said
So to put the thread in a different gear, WHERE DO THE PACKERS NEED TO IMPROVE. PLEASE LIST ALL AREAS. (that should keep you all busy)

Fire TT.

What? Too provacative?

and I second it

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Favre had no playmakers but he's on the decline?

Yeah, that makes sense. NOT.

How do you make plays with no playmakers--subvert the laws of physics?

It makes perfect sense, he is a player that is in his late 30's and has started to decline. I do not think anyone hear can argue that he is the same QB he was at 28-30.

He can not do it by himself. Rather he needs one or two other playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Given that scenerio he would still be a top 5-10 QB in this league. Unfortunately, he does not have that luxury and is a declining talent that cannot make the impact on this team that he could given another weapon or two.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody needs talent around him to make an impact.

Carson Palmer needs talent around him.

God, just once I'd like to see Favre play on a team now that has talent around him at WR like the Bengals, Colts, Cardinals, etc...

On a side note, I think the Cardinals are going to be really good this year.

Believe it, or Not!

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
TomAllen said:
AADP said

Fire TT.

What? Too provacative?

and I second it

Fair opinions. Any replacements in mind?:)

I do agree with you Spardo..... perhaps Green still can be a playmaker once he gets going. That would be a HUGE boost.

Members online

Latest posts