the packers need to improve

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
My guess is that his reads are better than ever. If not he may be the ONLY QB in NFL history where experience hurt his ability to read differences. His decision making is what it is and always has been. Nobody is open. What do you want him to do, hold onto the ball and get the **** knocked out of him every play or try to make something happen? It isn't as if he was throwing to the wrong guy and not checking down. Nobody was open most of the time.

:agree:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis...thanks.......but can you change your second signature about Rosie O'Donnell? Has nothing to do with my feelings on guns, it's just that I practically p1ss my pants laughing every time I read that. Where did it come from?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Brett Favre is ten feet tall and shoots lighting bolts from his ****

Despite no running game, a garbage oline and only one decent receiver he was the third highest in passing yards last season. Yeah, he definately sucks. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Packnic said:
Brett Favre is ten feet tall and shoots lighting bolts from his ****

Despite no running game, a garbage oline and only one decent receiver he was the third highest in passing yards last season. Yeah, he definately sucks. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Forget it Anubis....these gen X'ers know it all. Favre is history to these pups. Hell, Hiccup here thinks the "holocaust" didn't really exist.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
Please explain B. He can't read defenses now as well as he did ten years ago? Be serious. And he is still got better presence in the pocket and makes people miss better than most starters out there.

I think that's more of a refferance to him forcing the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage. His reads and decision making was as bad as it gets last year. If he would manage the game better than I'd feel better but until Week 1 comes and he plays good against the Bears, I'm still going to question his decision making.

My guess is that his reads are better than ever. If not he may be the ONLY QB in NFL history where experience hurt his ability to read differences. His decision making is what it is and always has been. Nobody is open. What do you want him to do, hold onto the ball and get the **** knocked out of him every play or try to make something happen? It isn't as if he was throwing to the wrong guy and not checking down. Nobody was open most of the time.

Dump it off. Take what the defense gives you. Favre forces things. He needs to take what the defense gives him. If it's a 3 yard dump off on 2nd and 12 then yeah you do it.

Football is a game of field position and forcing throws that get picked off inside your 40 yard line doesn't help at all.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
Please explain B. He can't read defenses now as well as he did ten years ago? Be serious. And he is still got better presence in the pocket and makes people miss better than most starters out there.

I think that's more of a refferance to him forcing the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage. His reads and decision making was as bad as it gets last year. If he would manage the game better than I'd feel better but until Week 1 comes and he plays good against the Bears, I'm still going to question his decision making.

Dump it off. Take what the defense gives you. Favre forces things. He needs to take what the defense gives him. If it's a 3 yard dump off on 2nd and 12 then yeah you do it.

Football is a game of field position and forcing throws that get picked off inside your 40 yard line doesn't help at all.

To whom? If you go back and look most of his ints had no option to dump it off. NOBODY IS OPEN. Do you guys really think that allof a sudden he forgot how to play the game? Jesus Christ!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

To whom? If you go back and look most of his ints had no option to dump it off. NOBODY IS OPEN. Do you guys really think that allof a sudden he forgot how to play the game? Jesus Christ!

Stop Overreacting to words.

I never said he forgot how to play the game. I said he forces things and probably tries to hard. He thinks he has to do everything and I don't think he can be that kind of a QB. Not with this team.

If you look at his INT's he had many other options than forcing things. He could check down to a back or take what the defense gives him or even just throw it away. He may have to take a sack as well. It's forcing things that gets him in trouble and once he throws one, Favre has a history of throwing 2 and 3 shortly after.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing you guys are overlooking about Favre's picks is his propensity to go to his "favorite receiver"! Viewing this is an advantage to those who are the coveted season ticket holders.

The television angles we get to see do not show the whole field, so who is to say who's open. In the Atlanta highlights that Zero showed last week, Favre had a choice between forcing the ball to driver or hitting a wide open Ferguson. He chose Driver, why?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
One thing you guys are overlooking about Favre's picks is his propensity to go to his "favorite receiver"! Viewing this is an advantage to those who are the coveted season ticket holders.

The television angles we get to see do not show the whole field, so who is to say who's open. In the Atlanta highlights that Zero showed last week, Favre had a choice between forcing the ball to driver or hitting a wide open Ferguson. He chose Driver, why?

Actually most of Favre's ints were intended for Ferguson last season, I believe. Somebody had posted that earlier but I don't have anything to back it up with. I doubt that is his favorite receiver. If I remember the play you are talking about the ball hit Driver in the hands and deflected to a defender downfield. I'm not positive but I think it is Favre's only int all preseason and he has played probably close to a game and a half. If you guys want to focus on Favre being the problem have at it. Knowledgeable fans are enjoying the way you look.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing, that to me, is the dark horse here is the TEs. We have been told that the TEs will be a much bigger part of the offense, and yet, little has been seen of it in the pre-season. I have to believe that MM is working the areas that need the most work...WR/QB chemistry, RBs and O-line...... as Favre already has good chemistry with his TE group, little work has been done in this area.

Now, you get to the regular season, and you bring the TEs to the fore, and have a bunch of new formations and plays to unleash on the opponents.

Well, perhaps "unleash" is a little optimistic...but you get the idea.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
The thing, that to me, is the dark horse here is the TEs. We have been told that the TEs will be a much bigger part of the offense, and yet, little has been seen of it in the pre-season. I have to believe that MM is working the areas that need the most work...WR/QB chemistry, RBs and O-line...... as Favre already has good chemistry with his TE group, little work has been done in this area.

Now, you get to the regular season, and you bring the TEs to the fore, and have a bunch of new formations and plays to unleash on the opponents.

Well, perhaps "unleash" is a little optimistic...but you get the idea.

I agree but let's get rid of David Martin. Preseason or not if I see him drop one more pass I'm gonna puke.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Martin has got to go. For every decent play he makes, there seem to be 3 or 4 screw ups.

The guy has soft hands until the hits start...then he turns into Roberto Duran.

(For the youngsters...Roberto Duran was a ferocious welterweight boxer of the 1970s and 1980s. His nickname was "Hands of Stone".)

Nuff said.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
No he didn't, but you're not listening so you must be right.

No he didn't what?

Are you saying he doesn't have a history of throwing mutiple of INT's after he throws the 1st one. There are a lot of examples.

Are saying he didn't have anybody to check down to. They're is always a safety valve. A lot of his throws that were picked were caught like punts.

Members online

Latest posts