the packers need to improve

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
green should get better. he said he played this game to Knock The Rust Off.

we wont get to see him alot until week 1. he wont play much friday.

i cant say anything about green until week one.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
green should get better. he said he played this game to Knock The Rust Off.

we wont get to see him alot until week 1. he wont play much friday.

i cant say anything about green until week one.

I actually thought Green looked OK. He got about every yard that was there to be had. Our O-line HAS to start opening up holes or we won't be able to run against anyone.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green has to run around Spitz and Moll who are consistently 3 yards into our own backfield - tough to get too much yardage like that. I really hope those guys play a bunch this Friday because they need all the reps they can get.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope Green can get going. Although, I would say he is also on the decline. But even Green at 3/4 of what he was would be better than any of the current options and give us 2 1/2 legitimate playmakers on offense(Favre, Green, Driver). That would ease the pressure on Jennings and allow him to grow at a less accelerated pace as more of a complimentary target at this point in his career. It would also snowball into making the other receivers somewhat better. The more people a defense has to pay attention to, the better the average players around them become. An offense that can score, control field position and take time off of the clock would also benefit a defense that is searching for playmakers.

I still have concerns about the OL, but I think as they play together and get used to the scheme they will become more effective.

Hey, I think I just talked myself into believing that we have a playoff team here :shock:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Everybody needs talent around him to make an impact.

Carson Palmer needs talent around him.

God, just once I'd like to see Favre play on a team now that has talent around him at WR like the Bengals, Colts, Cardinals, etc...

On a side note, I think the Cardinals are going to be really good this year.

Believe it, or Not!

So if Favre plays like he did last night and goes out and turn the ball over 30+ time this year like he did a year ago, It's not his fault at all. It's everyone elses fault but Favre shouldn't get any blame.

Favre deserved blame last night along with the rest of the players. The coaches should of chewed out everyone after last nights game including Favre. Is it Favre's fault the players dropped some passes? No. Is it the players fault Favre forces a ball in between 3 defenders and it's throw way behind Driver and INT. Is it the other players fault Favre just dropped the ball out of his hands and it was ran in for a TD? No it wasn't. Favre played bad as well.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid you and your ilk will never understand Porky...

Imagine Favre was the QB of the Bengals with lots of time to throw, great receivers, and a good running game. Do you think things might have been a little different for Brett Favre in that game? Think they would have scored alot of points against the Pack? Your damn skippy they would have...

Hey, a fumble is a fumble. You can't do anything about that, but I thought Leach bumped Favre's arm, am I wrong about that? Maybe so..i didn't see the replay.

When you put the ball in a receivers hands, he should catch it. Driver would tell you the same thing.

The point is, and I can't believe you don't get this, but a QB is only as good as the team around him, and right now the Packers suck. And you can't possibly blame the QB for having no talent around him. Look at David Carr in Houston. If he were on the Bengals he might look like Carson Palmer.

Repeat after me Porky. Right now, the Packer's suck. You can do it. It won't hurt, maybe your pride a little, since you have so much invested in TT. But you can say it. It's true. They suck. But they better get better in a hurry because if they don't, we will have a repeat of last season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Imagine Favre was the QB of the Bengals with lots of time to throw, great receivers, and a good running game. Do you think things might have been a little different for Brett Favre? Think they would have scored alot of points against the Pack? Your damn skippy they would have...

A "What if" question. Imagine if GB took Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandrich? Why would Cincy want Favre back there when Palmer is a legit MVP QB when healthy.

Hey, a fumble is a fumble. You can't do anything about that, but I thought Leach bumped Favre's arm, am I wrong about that? Maybe so..i didn't see the replay.

He just dropped it. Leach didn't bump in. they slowed it down as slow as possible.
When you put the ball in a receivers hands, he should catch it. Driver would tell you the same thing.

There were dropped passes. I counted about 4.
The point is, and I can't believe you don't get this, but a QB is only as good as the team around him, and right now the Packers suck. And you can't possibly blame the QB for having no talent around him. Look at David Carr in Houston. If he were on the Bengals he might look like Carson Palmer.

Palmer is legit and that's why he was the #1 overall pick and that's why he threw 32 TD's and 12 INT's. Before Palmer and Lewis got to Cincy they were winning 3 or 4 games a year. Now they're contenders. Don't denounce Palmer when he's right up there with Brady and Manning for the best QB in the game today. I'm sure if you asked Favre that question he'd mention Carson Palmer.

Repeat after me Porky. Right now, the Packer's suck. You can do it. It won't hurt, maybe your pride a little, since you have so much invested in TT. But you can say it. It's true. They suck. But they better get better in a hurry because if they don't, we will have a repeat of last season.

I have as much invested in TT as you but where are you getting that I thought GB would be any good this year. Go back and read the predictions. I have them at 7-9 and that's before I saw last night.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe it. It's like talking to a wall with some of you guys. Pyle is right.

If you put Favre on the Bengals (HYPOTHETICALLY), he and the team would do well. Probably as well as Palmer did.

If you put Carson Palmer on the Packers last night. I don't know if he would have done as WELL as Brett Favre did last night...

Get it now?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
I can't believe it. It's like talking to a wall with some of you guys. Pyle is right.

If you put Favre on the Bengals (HYPOTHETICALLY), he and the team would do well. Probably as well as Palmer did.

If you put Carson Palmer on the Packers last night. I don't know if he would have done as WELL as Brett Favre did last night...

Get it now?

Yeah it's a "What If" question. That's the 1st thing I replied to in your post.

The Bengals are a better team than the Packers. They were going into last season and are this season. Carson Palmer is also a better QB currently than Brett Favre. In his prime Favre is one of the 3 best to ever play the game along with Elway and Marino. He's past his prime now. He's not at that kind of level.

Talking to a wall??? Your the one who needs to take off the "Brett Favre" glasses. All you do is talk the guy up when he accounted for 36 turnovers a year ago including fumbles and INT's. Yes Brett Favre is only human. He's 37. He does make mistakes and last year he made lot's of them. Last night he looked like he did last year.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because he's on a sucky team...

I guarantee you, if he was on a team that had talent (like the Cardinals, for instance), he would take them to the playoffs.

I can take the greatest QB of all time and put him on a mediocre team and he's not going to look that great.

If you played the game, you would understand that it's a TEAM SPORT!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

I have played the game. I've been around the game since I was 4 years old.

It is a team sport. Football is the define team sport in the world.

Your using a "What if" question though. Your guaranteeing things you won't be able to prove.

I'll tell you this if Favre asked to be traded, I would definately support him and where ever he goes as long as he's not playing the Packers.

How many fans would really say that.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:

I guarantee you, if he was on a team that had talent (like the Cardinals, for instance), he would take them to the playoffs.

I can take the greatest QB of all time and put him on a mediocre team and he's not going to look that great.

Hero worshipping aside, I'm guessing there's quite a few people out there who realize that the current Brett Favre and his multiple turnovers wouldn't be successful on any team. You just can't keep giving the other team points and excellent field position and expect to win.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
on a sucky team? than why did he come back? I am sorry but I am going to give this team a little time to gel and I believe thats what Brett is thinking too. I thought Packer fans were some of the best out their but some fans have gotten spoiled with all the winning in the past.

I just don't understand all this hatred for TT he is only in his second year give the man a chance to build this team back up.

If I don't see some improvement this year in the Pack than I will question TT and he better explain himself, by improvement I mean we should win 6-9 games.

If we stay away from the injury bug and the team comes together we should win 8 games thats what iam hoping for..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
TomAllen said:

Hero worshipping aside, I'm guessing there's quite a few people out there who realize that the current Brett Favre and his multiple turnovers wouldn't be successful on any team. You just can't keep giving the other team points and excellent field position and expect to win.

You gotta be kidding me. Brett is not as good as he once was because:

A) He has lost arm strength

B) He can't read defenses as well

C) He has lost his mobility and escapability

D) He has no talent surrounding him.

If you guys say anything but D, you know nothing about football. It's obviously not A. More experience doesn't translate into B, and he may not be as fast but he still moves around well enough to avoid the pass rush. If Brett Favre had the offensive weapons and line that Palmer has he'd be a serious candidate for MVP.

The Cincinnati press was writing about how TT has done nothing for Brett Favre and the Packer offense last year or this. According to these guys the only conclusion an unbiased observer could make is that TT didn't want Favre back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
on a sucky team? than why did he come back? I am sorry but I am going to give this team a little time to gel and I believe thats what Brett is thinking too. I thought Packer fans were some of the best out their but some fans have gotten spoiled with all the winning in the past.

I just don't understand all this hatred for TT he is only in his second year give the man a chance to build this team back up.

If I don't see some improvement this year in the Pack than I will question TT and he better explain himself, by improvement I mean we should win 6-9 games.

If we stay away from the injury bug and the team comes together we should win 8 games thats what iam hoping for..

Way to go out on a limb. I would guess that 75-85% of the league wins 6-9 games. Huge difference between 6 wins and 9 wins.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said..

Auuuuggghhh...****in' forget it...Trade him..Bench him..I don't ****ing care any more because you just DON'T GET IT...and you never will..

He wouldn't have had all of those turnovers if he was on a team that was ANY ****ING GOOD!

Thanks alot TT...YOu ****** the end of Favre's career, but good.

He should have asked to be traded. Because what you so called "fans" are going to do to him this year with all of this ******** talk, he certainly doesn't deserve!

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with tom. favre would have been great if he was around a good team. almost any qb would.

the reason he had so many ints last year was because he was awalys playing catch up from the start.

i dont know why its hard for some of you guys to understand.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
You just can't keep giving the other team points and excellent field position and expect to win.

True. However, you won't win by standing there and taking the sack, or throwing the ball away every second play because your o-line is a seive and you only have one solid receiver who is continually double-covered to throw to, either.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys can idolize Favre all you want but I can't see being blind to reality.

The fact is the lack of talent on the Packers team last year didn't cause his 36 turnovers. Were they a factor in some? Sure, but the fact is he had 2-3 times as many turnovers as the QBs on the rest of the teams with records as bad or worse than GBs. And the fact is those turnovers cost us wins.

I'm not pro-Favre or anti-Favre, I'm a Packer fan and to me he's just another player on the team. True, he's been one of the greatest QB's I've ever seen play in my lifetime, but that isn't going to blind me to facts when he's hurting the team.

Bottom line, this team isn't good enough to win when he keeps turning the ball over.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Lare said:
TomAllen said:

You gotta be kidding me. Brett is not as good as he once was because:

A) He has lost arm strength

B) He can't read defenses as well

C) He has lost his mobility and escapability

D) He has no talent surrounding him.

If you guys say anything but D, you know nothing about football. It's obviously not A. More experience doesn't translate into B, and he may not be as fast but he still moves around well enough to avoid the pass rush. If Brett Favre had the offensive weapons and line that Palmer has he'd be a serious candidate for MVP.

The Cincinnati press was writing about how TT has done nothing for Brett Favre and the Packer offense last year or this. According to these guys the only conclusion an unbiased observer could make is that TT didn't want Favre back.

B, C, and D.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Bottom line, this team isn't good enough to win when he keeps turning the ball over.

This debate gets a little stale.

Favre had so many INTs last season for a number of reasons:

The O-line was a seive and the better defenses could pressure him easily.

He had only one decent receiver to throw to, who was constantly under double coverage. The remaining receivers he had were often inexperienced (remember Taco Wallace?) and ran off routes, cut too early or cut too late. How many times did you see Favre throw his arms up in frustration after a pick?

We had no running game. It was pretty easy for the opposing defense to blitz and cover Driver.

Last, but not least, he made some bad judgements.

I am not going to say that Favre did not make mistakes last season. He did. However, not all his 29 INTs were his fault. Favre is a true competitor and will always try to win. Sometimes that has resulted in some amazing playmaking. Sometimes it results in bad judgements leading to interceptions.

As stated before, taking the sack or throwing the ball away won't win you games either. Rather than choose those two options, he chose to take chances to try to make things work. Maybe I am different than some of you, but I would rather take a QB that is willing to take a chance and try to win the game over one that is willing to roll over and give up any day of the week. No "hero worship" involved in that.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please explain B. He can't read defenses now as well as he did ten years ago? Be serious. And he is still got better presence in the pocket and makes people miss better than most starters out there.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Please explain B. He can't read defenses now as well as he did ten years ago? Be serious. And he is still got better presence in the pocket and makes people miss better than most starters out there.

I think that's more of a refferance to him forcing the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage. His reads and decision making was as bad as it gets last year. If he would manage the game better than I'd feel better but until Week 1 comes and he plays good against the Bears, I'm still going to question his decision making.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
You guys can idolize Favre all you want but I can't see being blind to reality.

The fact is the lack of talent on the Packers team last year didn't cause his 36 turnovers. Were they a factor in some? Sure, but the fact is he had 2-3 times as many turnovers as the QBs on the rest of the teams with records as bad or worse than GBs. And the fact is those turnovers cost us wins.

I'm not pro-Favre or anti-Favre, I'm a Packer fan and to me he's just another player on the team. True, he's been one of the greatest QB's I've ever seen play in my lifetime, but that isn't going to blind me to facts when he's hurting the team.

HOw about this reality Lare?

Favre said last year, this team SUCKS so bad, i'm just going to say **** it and throw it up there and see what happens BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO. We cannot win because we suck, so what the hell?

Also how about this reality. I personally believe that there are actually so called Packer "fans" out there who HATE Brett Favre because they think that he has gotten bigger than the game, or at least bigger than the Packers, and they have to be hypercritical of the one good thing they have now, (and have had for years) because they have a ********** for subverting the ego and being modest to a fault--and they see Brett Favre as not being "modest" enough, or "humble" enough like their true hero and stoic--Bart Starr (whom I also love), and they resent him for it.

Why else would they accuse other fans of "hero worship" and "idol worship", and claim to be a Packer fan and not just a Brett Favre fan?

I am a Packer fan Lare, AND a Brett Favre fan, and you should be too.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:

I think that's more of a refferance to him forcing the ball into double and sometimes triple coverage. His reads and decision making was as bad as it gets last year. If he would manage the game better than I'd feel better but until Week 1 comes and he plays good against the Bears, I'm still going to question his decision making.

My guess is that his reads are better than ever. If not he may be the ONLY QB in NFL history where experience hurt his ability to read differences. His decision making is what it is and always has been. Nobody is open. What do you want him to do, hold onto the ball and get the **** knocked out of him every play or try to make something happen? It isn't as if he was throwing to the wrong guy and not checking down. Nobody was open most of the time.

Members online

Latest posts