The Packers defense will improve if????

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will instantly improve when TT trades up for Leon Sandcastle

Lex Luger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
move brad jones to left outside backer ( i have little faith in nick perry)
hawk is benched for dj smith
bishop comes back fully healthy
jolly returns to form and plays one of the end spots
tramon williams gets healthy and earns his huge paycheck
mike neal actually stays healthy through the whole season
pickett only has to play 15 snaps a game and stays healthy

all of those happen and were a top 5 defense

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Thought we got Perry because Jones wasn't cutting it. I assume you didn't believe in Perry when we drafted him, then?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have talent on defense and anybody who thinks otherwise is foolish.. its making that talent work as a group and keeping them healthy and on the field that seem to be the problem... I think we'll turn a new leaf this season

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
move brad jones to left outside backer ( i have little faith in nick perry)
hawk is benched for dj smith
bishop comes back fully healthy
jolly returns to form and plays one of the end spots
tramon williams gets healthy and earns his huge paycheck
mike neal actually stays healthy through the whole season
pickett only has to play 15 snaps a game and stays healthy

all of those happen and were a top 5 defense
Don't forget that Jolly gambled alot on plays. He got there sometimes but that was his Kryptonite. I don't think these past few years will have helped him in that regard. People have to remember that the DL in a 3-4 is to eat up the blocks, not make splash plays like Jolly did. I really hope the kid has learned his lesson - listens to coaching and make a career of the game - time will tell. But yes Lex, he can make a difference this year.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We have a plethora of young talent on this team. I believe that we are only a couple of players from becoming dominant if some of our young guys make jumps this season. Pickup a DE which the draft is rich in this year, An ILB and A Safety. Perry was a ROOKIE who started from day one. Not many rookies are dominant in their first year and he had an abbreviated year at that. Bishop and Smith will hopefully come back ready to play. House was wearing a brace all year but was looking great in training camp so if he is healthy we are going to have a great secondary. The Dline is there to eat up blockers and maintain gap integrity not rush the passer, I see improvement there also. IMHO see a great probability for a great "Defence":D this season. I am more worried about the Oline and a running game than issues with the D.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I dont know why anyone is ready to give up on Perry already. He showed some growing pains, but also some flashes before he got hurt. Not everyone is going to be Clay Matthews as a rookie.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will improve when the other 10 guys decide to play with the same fervor and intensity as Clay Matthews. They play soft and need to grow a bigger set. Then Capers needs to see a doctor that will take care of his ******-cranial inversion problem.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except von miller!!

The statement that not everyone is going to be Clay Matthews as a rookie is silly. I don't think anyone expected him to. And I think posters have given some bonefide reasons for why they have concerns about Perry. Unfortunately, those reasons get translated into giving up on a guy. :(

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The statement that not everyone is going to be Clay Matthews as a rookie is silly. I don't think anyone expected him to. And I think posters have given some bonefide reasons for why they have concerns about Perry. Unfortunately, those reasons get translated into giving up on a guy. :(
I had "concerns" about Perry when he entered the draft. This year I have only "expectations" and hopes that he meets them.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
When he entered the draft or when we drafted him? Concerns are still with me.
Both. I expect him to be competent in coverage, I expect him to have developed hand techniques and a pass rush repertoire, and now I expect him to stay healthy. I hope he lives up to my expectations.

Members online

Latest posts